Sign in to follow this  
AintNoStoppinMeNow

Who is this Year's MAJOR Sleeper

Just a tremendous running back with no opportunities. Finished strong after the NEWTON passing binge. He is ONE JStew injury away from finishing top 8.

Guess you could say that about either DeAngelo or Stewart if one goes down for an extended time. So would trading a 4th/5th + 6th/7th for the possibility of that be worth it? Its a close call. I hate giving up the extra roster spot in the hopes it will happen.

Guess you could say that about either DeAngelo or Stewart if one goes down for an extended time. So would trading a 4th/5th + 6th/7th for the possibility of that be worth it? Its a close call. I hate giving up the extra roster spot in the hopes it will happen.

I guess it depends who the alternative is there.

I would rather have J Stew in the 5th/6th over Donald Brown or Helu. I love J Stew's upside.

Great list...I like all those guys.

I'd add Jacquizz Rodgers as well.

Call me crazy but over the years I've also made it habit to consistently take the handcuffs for backs either coming off a huge year or who have had 300+ carries for more than a year. So with that said I'd highly recommend taking late round flyers this year on Ringer, Dion Lewis, and Bernard Pierce. History says one of those 3 will get called into service this year.

I'm not so sure Ringer will be on the team come week one. This Renayud kid has been killing it in preseason, and the Titans aren't going to carry four backs. The only question is, which gets cut, Harper (4th rounder last year, power guy) or Ringer? My money is on Ringer. Reynaud is explosive as hell, and is stupid good on returns, so I think he's already made the team. Ringer was the only one who got almost no carries in last weeks game.

I think these are great picks except for the RBs. In place of Brown and Wells, I would put Ballard and Williams

Those guys aren't even starters and haven't been that impressive. Beanie had 1000+ and 10 TDs last year. Donald Brown has looked good.

Those guys aren't even starters and haven't been that impressive. Beanie had 1000+ and 10 TDs last year. Donald Brown has looked good.

Mark my words

QB- Luck - possible top ten qb

Wilson- flynn looks awful

RB- R Williams- wells injury history, has to overcome injury of his own

K Hunter- gore breaking down, looked good last year and this preseason.

WR- Wight - verticle off, ton of speed

Jeffrey- be a nice redzone threat should beat out bennet and hester

Streater (oak)- playing nicely with injuries in oak

TE- Rudolph- lots of hype

Bennett- eli throws to tight end alot.

Should have read thread more closely before posting. None of the guys I mentioned will turn out as major players but could surprise alot of people. I'd say the most likely player to have any kind of major value would be Luck.

Dwayne Allen TE Colts

It seemed to me that the Colts used Allen more as a blocker than a receiver in last nights game vs. Pittsburgh. With Collie going down & a bunch of unknown's @ WR outside of Wayne, I could see a lot of two TE sets with both Fleener & Allen seeing a lot of playing time. Fleener & Allen both looked pretty good during that 80-yard TD drive.

Oh yea, Stevan Ridley is the sleeper. I drafted him as my RB3 way back in June. Get him on your teams.

Oh yea, Stevan Ridley is the sleeper. I drafted him as my RB3 way back in June. Get him on your teams.

I am big on vereen but neither had much production in the running game. If its ppr i dont see why you would take ridley first. What if the pats turned vereen into their darren sproles. :shocking:

Just curious as to your reasoning of picking Ridley over Vereen? I keep going back and forth on which guy is "the guy" and I cant figure it out for the life of me.

SJax, top 6 RB, his last hurrah. Fisher runs him into the ground this season. Do not touch next season.

Just curious as to your reasoning of picking Ridley over Vereen? I keep going back and forth on which guy is "the guy" and I cant figure it out for the life of me.

Ridley has played in real NFL games and showed a burst and some big runs with limited opportunities. Vereen looks small, indecisive, and can't break tackles. I can't believe people think it's even close. Ridley will get the Ben Jarvis carries and touchdowns. Vereen I don't even think should play. They've got Woodhead for 3rd downs.

DeAngelo Williams. Guy is so overlooked. Still has the skill, just doesn't get the touches anymore.

:wacko:

TE Brandon Pettigrew

He's not a flashy name and he's currently ranked 10th among TE's, but it's interesting to know that Pettigrew had the SECOND MOST TARGETS for a TE last year (Graham was #1 - Gronk was #3).

Pettigrew finished 6th overall among TEs in my league. He only had 5 TDs, but TDs are a fluky thing anyway and I'd expect that to increase some. He's now entering his 4th year (all with DET and Stafford) and his receptions have increased every season so far.

The main knock on him seems to be he only got short yardage passes last year, thus the lack of yards and TDs. But damn talk about consistent play... he caught 4 or more passes in 14 of 17 games last year. The three games that he didn't - he got 1, 2, and 3 receptions.

The Vikings were MUCH more impressive in the game this week vs. the Bills.

Jerome Simpson is flying WAY under the radar and could be a legit #1 WR for the Vikings with 1100+yds/7-12TD's.

I do agree (as a Vikings homer, so take with a grain of salt) that Kyle Rudolph could have a suprisingly good season as well.

I don't think the Vikings will be as bad as others think, and I'm used to them sucking.

Ridley has played in real NFL games and showed a burst and some big runs with limited opportunities. Vereen looks small, indecisive, and can't break tackles. I can't believe people think it's even close. Ridley will get the Ben Jarvis carries and touchdowns. Vereen I don't even think should play. They've got Woodhead for 3rd downs.

:headbanger:

The Vikings were MUCH more impressive in the game this week vs. the Bills.

Jerome Simpson is flying WAY under the radar and could be a legit #1 WR for the Vikings with 1100+yds/7-12TD's.

I do agree (as a Vikings homer, so take with a grain of salt) that Kyle Rudolph could have a suprisingly good season as well.

I don't think the Vikings will be as bad as others think, and I'm used to them sucking.

ARE YOU ###### HIGH?

I thought Hillis but after last night not sure if they are going to even use him...after I drafted him of course

He's not a flashy name and he's currently ranked 10th among TE's, but it's interesting to know that Pettigrew had the SECOND MOST TARGETS for a TE last year (Graham was #1 - Gronk was #3).

Pettigrew finished 6th overall among TEs in my league. He only had 5 TDs, but TDs are a fluky thing anyway and I'd expect that to increase some. He's now entering his 4th year (all with DET and Stafford) and his receptions have increased every season so far.

The main knock on him seems to be he only got short yardage passes last year, thus the lack of yards and TDs. But damn talk about consistent play... he caught 4 or more passes in 14 of 17 games last year. The three games that he didn't - he got 1, 2, and 3 receptions.

High floor/Low ceiling due to no YAC. Real solid value but very limited upside

Be careful with Ridley. Very good runner, but he does put the ball down. That is a no no in coach Bellyaches system.

It really doesn't matter which rb is slightly better since bill will change his mind or the gameplan week to week. I'll avoid this at all costs.

Cedric Benson. Still going real late in drafts, and I'd put his ceiling at 850/12. I see a Joe Addai like situation cropping up in GB; if you recall Addai used to get a nice share of plunges in on the goal line. Roughly 215 attempts for Benson at 4ypc, maybe a couple catches but not many.

He is by far the most talented back GB has had for years, and you don't need to be a stud RB to turn in nice stats when you have a passing game like that thinning the defense out for you.

i agree with a lot here, especially titus young... nate burleson is on the way out, and young is too athletic to ignore...

add amendola to the list... he and bradford seem to have that chemistry going again.

another guy i like is tony moeaki... if the guy can stay healthy he is a freak... that and KC's offense should be much improved if cassell can step up....

ha... way off :banana: