Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

Murray not looking good?

This is dumb....if they were truly worried about demarcos health..they would have signed another back or kept someone.

I see 3 backs on their roster. He's fine.

I can't see how they can give Murray another 350+ carries this season.

It needs to be 60/40 if Murray is going to make it through this season.

Or run Murray into the ground and ride Henry the rest of the way.

I've got a bad feeling about Murray. I have him in both of my leagues -- one is a deep keeper where it would have been dumb not to keep him, and the other was IBL where I got him at 3.03 (12-person draft) and felt I couldn't pass on the value.

I hope Doug is right and Mularkey rides Murray as his bell cow. But I won't be surprised if he performs more like a flex. :dunno:

Had our deep keeper league draft tonight and I was able to get Henry. I'm feeling much better. Hoping Murray is the clear starter all year and that Henry is keeper material for next year. :cheers:

Really praying yesterday wasn't a sign of things to come. Nice wasted 2nd rd pick of that's the case.

He looked slow, but wasn't getting many holes either. Didn't think Henry looked any better fwiw.

This is dumb....if they were truly worried about demarcos health..they would have signed another back or kept someone.

I see 3 backs on their roster. He's fine.

I gotta agree on this.

Early in the year a lot of teams do make an effort to play the backups a bit more in an attempt to keep the RB fresh longer.

Demarco did fade a bit late last season, so this was not unexpected.

but this usually only lasts a couple games. but I do see them benching Murray in garbage time a bit more than they have in the past.

He looked slow, but wasn't getting many holes either. Didn't think Henry looked any better fwiw.

Saw the game...looked the same as last year.

I'll be concern if after week 4 he's avging 3.5 carries per game.

Well the league I got Murray in the second is sunk but the one where I got Henry is looking pretty good.

I handcuffed them. I'm sure when bench Murray he goes off hahah classic.

He's missed a lot of practice. I'm in Nashville and I know Henry has gotten a lot of hype from people watching practices. I'd say the o-line overall hasn't been good which is very concerning I avoided him in drafts, but as a Titans fan I hope I'm just being paranoid.

🤔

This may be the last chance to grab a top 5 back with Henry...invest now!

Some dummy dropped Henry in my keeper league last week and I gladly picked him up with the 10th waiver priority. I told the commish that I am going to win the league because of that and he laughed. Homer here and I watched the game in amazement when Murray didn't return in the second half. They never said why but he did look awful in the 1st half. I'll keep you posted on what is said on talk radio.

I'm not jinxing him but next week is when Murray gets hurt playing against Seattle's defense. He will be out for a while. :ninja:

This may be the last chance to grab a top 5 back with Henry...invest now!

I drafted him last year in a dynasty PPR. Be nice if he starts getting some targets

We have not heard the end of Murray. not this year anyway

The Henry owner in my league is 0-2. Dealt Fitzgerald and Kamari (who I don't need) for Henry last night.

I want no parts of anything in Arizona right now.

Eff me... I stayed away from D. Murray last year, because I was worried about D. Henry taking carries. He ends being third in the league in rushing. I like TEN's FF playoff schedule this year, so I take him at overall #13.

TEN rushing scores so far this year: QB, RB2, FB and TE?!? :shocking:

I am 0-2 in the league, and I think the lowest scoring team... Now I'll need to start streaming DEFs, and get rid of high-reward backups (C. West, J. Thomas, T. Rawls) for players that can help me NOW.

DeMarco Murray after two weeks: 21 carries for 69 yards, pulled in third quarter Sunday because of a “tight hamstring.”

Derrick Henry: 20 carries for 117 yards and a touchdown, and could have been two touchdowns if some guy named Jalston Fowler didn’t vulture one.

This is why I handcuffed Murray in both my leagues with Henry.

Now they just need to put Murray on the shelf for a month to get the hammy 100%.

For Fantasy I can't start Murray next week no matter what they say his status is. That hammy could tweak again.

This is why I handcuffed Murray in both my leagues with Henry.

Now they just need to put Murray on the shelf for a month to get the hammy 100%.

For Fantasy I can't start Murray next week no matter what they say his status is. That hammy could tweak again.

Yea, but do you start Henry now? I have him cuffed too but still confused about the best course of action now if I don't have a better alternative than one of them.

Yea, but do you start Henry now? I have him cuffed too but still confused about the best course of action now if I don't have a better alternative than one of them.

If they have a good matchup next week I'm starting Henry and benching Murray. For one week you'd think they'd want Murray healthy for the long haul and sit that hammy.

Had our deep keeper league draft tonight and I was able to get Henry. I'm feeling much better. Hoping Murray is the clear starter all year and that Henry is keeper material for next year. :cheers:

So far so... whatever, maybe good for long term keeper value? I almost certainly lost my game this week but if Henry emerges as a star for years to come, I'm good with that, for this league anyway. For IBL, pending other injuries I have the depth to bench Murray and wait and see (which I did this week, luckily).

As promised, I listened to the Titan's radio tonight and Mike Keith "the voice of Titan radio" said Mularkey addressed the situation today. According to Mularkey, Murray came to the sideline complaining about his hamstring and the trainers said it was strained. The Titans were already ahead so they didn't want to jeopardize Murray and the benched him as a precaution. Mike said Demarco is the starter and there is no controversy about Henry taking his position.

Now in layman's term, that's bullsh!t Even thought Demarco was hurt, there were discussions of Henry not reporting to OTA's because he was in school. Jerrell Casey even called him out not by name but stated EVERYONE should be here and he was the only player not present. Unknown to them, Henry was working out at Alabama and there is a video of him in beast mode lifting weights and doing drills. He reported to camp 6 pounds heavier, all muscle and faster than last year.

Mularkey doesn't want to give Henry the starting position because of an injury. It's obvious that it will happen sometime this year. GM Jon Roberson doesn't care about that and wants to win. If push comes to shove, Titans might release Demarco at the end of the season if he can't stay healthy unless he restructures his contract. Even if they keep him, he will be the backup to Henry.

One thing about Nashville, the fan base and talk radio will eat you alive if you don't produce. Since the Titans were picked by experts to win the AFC South, that's the expectation from the GM, owner, and fans so a decision will have to be made if this train starts derailing. The Predators going to the Stanley Cup added pressure so they better produce or else.

• Like 1

As promised, I listened the Titan's radio tonight and Mike Keith "the voice of Titan radio" said Mularkey addressed the situation today. According to Mularkey, Murray came to the sideline complaining about his hamstring and the trainers said it was strained. The Titans were already ahead so they didn't want to jeopardize Murray and the benched him as a precaution. Mike said Demarco is the starter and there is no controversy about Henry taking his position.

Now in layman's term, that's bullsh!t Even thought Demarco was hurt, there were discussions of Henry not reporting to OTA's because he was in school. Jerrell Casey even called him out not by name but stated EVERYONE should be here and he was the only player not present. Unknown to them, Henry was working out at Alabama and there is a video of him in beast mode lifting weights and doing drills. He reported to camp 6 pounds heavier, all muscle and faster than last year.

Mularkey doesn't want to give Henry the starting position because of an injury. It's obvious that it will happen sometime this year. GM Jon Roberson doesn't care about that and wants to win. If push comes to shove, Titans might release Demarco at the end of the season if he can't stay healthy unless he restructures his contract. Even if they keep him, he will be the backup to Henry.

One thing about Nashville, the fan base and talk radio will eat you alive if you don't produce. Since the Titans were picked by experts to win the AFC South, that's the expectation from the GM, owner, and fans so a decision will have to be made if this train starts derailing. The Predators going to the Stanley Cup added pressure so they better produce or else.

Just hoping it's not a situation where the handcuff is outscoring the "starter" despite coachspeak, especially at the cost of a second rounder. Keep starting the "starter" and once you bench him for the cuff he goes off.

Should I trade Larry Fitz or Emmanuel Sanders for Henry? I have Demarco.

I just dealt fitz for him. Wouldnt do sanders fwiw.

As promised, I listened to the Titan's radio tonight and Mike Keith "the voice of Titan radio" said Mularkey addressed the situation today. According to Mularkey, Murray came to the sideline complaining about his hamstring and the trainers said it was strained. The Titans were already ahead so they didn't want to jeopardize Murray and the benched him as a precaution. Mike said Demarco is the starter and there is no controversy about Henry taking his position.

I think Demarcos contract is up at the end of this season. At that point it makes sense to go with the kid.

I think Demarcos contract is up at the end of this season. At that point it makes sense to go with the kid.

It's actually up in 2019 but nothing is guaranteed anymore. However, the Titans will take a hit against the cap if they release him. But I agree, they need to go with Henry and sign a free agent who can pass catch out of the backfield.

His value is at an all time low. Trying to package Murray/Pryor for Cook, but that sounds like a crappy trade for the Cook owner. Not sure what I can get now.

It's PPR and as of now Cohen will be the guy I'm going with.

Who would you try to target in a package that would actually make someone accept the offer?

His value is at an all time low. Trying to package Murray/Pryor for Cook, but that sounds like a crappy trade for the Cook owner. Not sure what I can get now.

It's PPR and as of now Cohen will be the guy I'm going with.

Who would you try to target in a package that would actually make someone accept the offer?

Can you go to the Henry owner?

The other thing is I would wait until he at least finishes a game healthy. He will get more games and snaps and surely a bump in value. Value fluctuates quickly in some people's mind. Can you afford to wait a couple weeks?

• Like 1

Can you go to the Henry owner?

The other thing is I would wait until he at least finishes a game healthy. He will get more games and snaps and surely a bump in value. Value fluctuates quickly in some people's mind. Can you afford to wait a couple weeks?

True, yes I can wait and that's a good idea.

Can someone slap me for picking Murray over Gordon? Don't know what I was thinking. This was early August. Think I had Murray fresh in my mind from the points he put up last year on my team.

But I look at my ranking sheet and even had Gordon over Murray on that. Murray is my major weakness that will keep me from a 3-peat. My 3 headed beast at WR will keep me afloat in my PPR/return yards league...(Evans, Hill, Allen)

Had Gordon at number three in ppr.

Can someone slap me for picking Murray over Gordon? Don't know what I was thinking. This was early August. Think I had Murray fresh in my mind from the points he put up last year on my team.

But I look at my ranking sheet and even had Gordon over Murray on that. Murray is my major weakness that will keep me from a 3-peat. My 3 headed beast at WR will keep me afloat in my PPR/return yards league...(Evans, Hill, Allen)

Got Murray in mid round 2 and was excited......got Kareem Hunt in round 6 (day after Ware went down)....you guess right on some...you guess wrong on others. Easy to play captain hindsight after the fact. I wasn't high on Gordon either.
  • Like 1

Any update on Murray? Did he practice?

According to Rotoworld he missed practice on Wednesday.

According to Rotoworld he missed practice on Wednesday.

Fire up your Henry's!!!!

• Like 1