Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Divisional Playoff: Pittsburgh at Kansas City: In-Game Discussion

i wonder if people who write some of this stuff realize the chiefs tore up their field in the offseason and installed underground tubing which in my estimation, is going to leave a field, which hasn't been played on in two weeks immaculate for the sunday evening shindig.

The field doesn't look all that great. It seems to be effecting Tyreek Hill's cutting.

Ware 6-carries! lol Why Reed decided to put his playoff life on the arm of Smith is dumbfounding. It's not like the Chiefs have been down by two scores!

It completely boggles my mind that there's never a ref standing at the 1st down marker, they are always 5 to 10 yds away and have to guess where the hell the ball should be marked! :thumbsdown:

:banana:

I just set the record for bananas posted for field goals made in a playoff game.

Once again Big Ben looks very uncomfortable.

Be interesting to if KC can come back and win this game.

Wide open WR and Smith misses him, damn, does he suck. At what point does KC realize this dude is not the QB to win the SB?

KC scores, somehow gets the two-point conversion

I was reading this quickly and for a second thought your tv was ahead of mine.

Steeler fan ref in the house on that one. Boo.

I thought that at first as well, but on replay, that was blatant. You have to call that one, he tackled the guy.

I thought that at first as well, but on replay, that was blatant. You have to call that one, he tackled the guy.

Yep, good call.

It's true but I tend to hate the refs being in at all at the end.

Ben brought it with the adult throw to AB when it mattered so we're set for one helluva final 4.

Cowboys are the best team at home but their path was always gonna be paved with some serious mines and they started too slowly at home vs AGod so at the house they are even with a supreme comeback effort.

KC can't be mad at the holding call, it was plain as day - what a terrible move by Fisher, all he had to do was force Harrison down.

Dallas got beat bcoz we couldn't stop Rodgers on 3rd down - KC lost bcoz they couldn't stop Bell, at all.

Dallas got beat bcoz we couldn't stop Rodgers on 3rd down - KC lost bcoz they couldn't stop Bell, at all.

Truth

It's true but I tend to hate the refs being in at all at the end.

Ben brought it with the adult throw to AB when it mattered so we're set for one helluva final 4.

Cowboys are the best team at home but their path was always gonna be paved with some serious mines and they started too slowly at home vs AGod so at the house they are even with a supreme comeback effort.

Dallas O is set for a long time, need to upgrade the D in the draft, although could use another stud WR oppo Bryant.

Wow. How the FOCK did the chiefs win as many games as they did this year? I knew the AFC was a joke but really? Alex smith is terrible in every way possible. They have no running game,no passing attack, a defense that allows a million yards rushing. Huh? What the fock did I just watch? I thought Houston and Miami were unworthy of making the playoffs but this team drew a BYE week.

KC is a total paper tiger and that's an insult to paper tigers everywhere. Hilarious.

• Like 1

Wow. How the FOCK did the chiefs win as many games as they did this year? I knew the AFC was a joke but really? Alex smith is terrible in every way possible. They have no running game,no passing attack, a defense that allows a million yards rushing. Huh? What the fock did I just watch? I thought Houston and Miami were unworthy of making the playoffs but this team drew a BYE week.

KC is a total paper tiger and that's an insult to paper tigers everywhere. Hilarious.

Jamaal charles

Derrick johnson

Allen bailey

Three huge injuries. They have given up way to many yards, been terrible on third down defense but just extremely effective in the red zone. Which is kinda what you saw yesterday.

I also think the play calling was pretty ineffective last night. Alex Smith was doing everything they asked, they just needed to open up the offense more than they did.

Had to smile at the reporters afterward who were trying to fashion Boswell as the 4th Killer B. The interviewer was coaxing Boswell to bask a little in the limelight and to his credit he was having none of it, choosing to focus on the team putting another one in the W column. But it would have been cooler if he had leaned forward and said, "Ma'am, I'd rather be kicking extra points." Or...,. "Shucks, I'd rather be sunning myself on the sidelines while Ben and the gang are racking up TDs and 2-point conversions."

Had to smile at the reporters afterward who were trying to fashion Boswell as the 4th Killer B.

To be fair, NBC first brought this up during the game after the 5th FG.

Had to smile at the reporters afterward who were trying to fashion Boswell as the 4th Killer B. The interviewer was coaxing Boswell to bask a little in the limelight and to his credit he was having none of it, choosing to focus on the team putting another one in the W column. But it would have been cooler if he had leaned forward and said, "Ma'am, I'd rather be kicking extra points." Or...,. "Shucks, I'd rather be sunning myself on the sidelines while Ben and the gang are racking up TDs and 2-point conversions."

agree, shake it off coyly with the press.

but he damn well better be playing it up with the ladies after the game. Like "hey baby, you see on NBC tonight about the 4th Killer B in Pitt? Yeah, that's me baby; Killer Bos."

Yea a healthy Charles to counter Bell would have made all the difference in the world.

Jamaal charles

Derrick johnson

Allen bailey

Three huge injuries. They have given up way to many yards, been terrible on third down defense but just extremely effective in the red zone. Which is kinda what you saw yesterday.

I also think the play calling was pretty ineffective last night. Alex Smith was doing everything they asked, they just needed to open up the offense more than they did.

May as well put DJ at the top of that list. The one thing folks overlook is the Steelers offensive line has really been getting after it. It's actually a minor miracle, with the two plumbers they have at offensive tackle. Earlier this season it was a toss up which one was playing worse. Villanueva is a former wide receiver lol.

KC needed to stop that run game. But missing Johnson took the heart out of that run D. The Raiders have known this, but our defense couldn't keep the deal. So we couldn't sustain possesion. Pittsburgh's could, which allowed them to stick with it.

May as well put DJ at the top of that list. The one thing folks overlook is the Steelers offensive line has really been getting after it. It's actually a minor miracle, with the two plumbers they have at offensive tackle. Earlier this season it was a toss up which one was playing worse. Villanueva is a former wide receiver lol.

KC needed to stop that run game. But missing Johnson took the heart out of that run D. The Raiders have known this, but our defense couldn't keep the deal. So we couldn't sustain possesion. Pittsburgh's could, which allowed them to stick with it.

Outside of Philly, when did the offensive line play bad? They have been balling for 2 years straight now. And plumber Marcus Gilbert was rated as one of top RT in the league and was a huge pro bowl snub. Villaneuva is a monster. 6'9" 320 and did you see him pull yesterday for Bell? Very athletic. Best LT Pitt has had since probably Marvel Smith

Outside of Philly, when did the offensive line play bad? They have been balling for 2 years straight now. And plumber Marcus Gilbert was rated as one of top RT in the league and was a huge pro bowl snub. Villaneuva is a monster. 6'9" 320 and did you see him pull yesterday for Bell? Very athletic. Best LT Pitt has had since probably Marvel Smith

And Alex is still raw, still getting better. He's going to be good for a while.

Notes: The Steelers trouble finishing drives concerns me. Coaches get cute and stop giving it to Bell inside the 20, but I think that's a product of his running style. But let's be honest, they're not beating the Pats kicking FG, something has to improve. Outside a bit of Eli Rodgers and Jesse James, nobody else on the offense is producing. Steelers really need to get Coates involved and hopefully get Ladarius Green back. It's going to take 30+ pts to have a chance against NE, who is absolutely going to load up to stop Bell. Ben isn't playing with a ton of confidence and Belicheat knows it, so he'll take away the best option of Bell. I'd like to see them finally line up with Bell and Williams in the backfield, the split Bell out wide and let DeAngelo carry it, that guy has a nose for the endzone. Regarding Bell, on short yd downs, I'd like to see him hit the hole at top speed instead of dancing. When you're 6'1" and 225 and need 2 yrds, freakin go take it.

Defense is playing lights out, the rookies are such an upgrade. Bud Dupree is on fire and it's helping the entire defense. This group has serious speed and talent with Dupree, Davis, Burns and Shazier.

Agree with the above post.

And I still say that Rothlisburger looks very uncomfortable.

I think the lack of another player not named Bell or Brown is the reason.

They will need to score 30 plus to beat the Brady's , and they are playing a much better defense then what they faced last week, and of course I much much better Qb.

And this Ab situation is growing by the moment, type of situation you don't see from a classy organization like the Steelers.

You'd know more than anyone. I'd just heard Villanueva was playing horrible earlier this season, off his bad year in 2015. From what I'd seen Gilbert has been unspectacular in his career, though he's played well this season. I'd have to break down his weekly PFF scores as I was certain I'd read he was looking at getting benched. Or perhaps he was just hurt. Not sure I'd put him in the pro bowl over Thomas, Whitworth (who's been a monster), and the Tennessee bookends Lewan and Conklin, but I can see your view.

Bottom line, your offensive line is opening up a can. Not sure who to root for in your game with NE... Can you both lose lol?

Edit- Here's a nice write up from PFF

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-how-pittsburghs-o-line-is-driving-the-steelers-playoff-push/?utm_content=bufferd38ee&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl

You'd know more than anyone. I'd just heard Villanueva was playing horrible earlier this season, off his bad year in 2015. From what I'd seen Gilbert has been unspectacular in his career, though he's played well this season. I'd have to break down his weekly PFF scores as I was certain I'd read he was looking at getting benched. Or perhaps he was just hurt. Not sure I'd put him in the pro bowl over Thomas, Whitworth (who's been a monster), and the Tennessee bookends Lewan and Conklin, but I can see your view.

Bottom line, your offensive line is opening up a can. Not sure who to root for in your game with NE... Can you both lose lol?

Edit- Here's a nice write up from PFF

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-how-pittsburghs-o-line-is-driving-the-steelers-playoff-push/?utm_content=bufferd38ee&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl

Thanks for the link