• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 MTSkiBum

MTSkiBum

FF Geek

• Members
  • 12,570 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:51 PM

I was almost done with a project to change out some leaky control valves, but instead of being patient i tried to force a connection together which caused a crack at the arrow in the picture.

Cracking the pipe at this T joint means i need to dig out another few feet of dirt in two directions and probably two trips to home depot. One to buy the parts and another to buy the parts that i missed on the first trip.

Being impatient cost me a couple hours :wall:

https://imgur.com/a/Q0cq1

Steeler's Fan

#2 Filthy Fernadez

Filthy Fernadez

FF Geek

• Members
  • 21,262 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:58 PM

I've done stupid sh!t like that man. When doing a project like that I find I have to map out everything, dry fit everything then be very deliberate because Murphy is always waiting.

BBC for the most part is pretty damn good.

#3 Voltaire

Voltaire

FF Geek

• Members
  • 35,926 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:58 PM

Doh :doh:

Using that "who's been irritating me less" criteria seven months in.... still not Trump and his fans. I grew up with these people. I understand them. They actually seem normal, surprising as it may seem to you. These liberals on the other hand: cop bashing, white shaming, trannie loving, kneeling during the national anthem. Fock them. They're the ones that really freak me out and it's not even close to being close.

---
Posting in this place year after year devolves us all into something similar to Lord of the Flies. 

#4 drobeski

drobeski

FF Geek

• Members
  • 59,189 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:36 PM

Meh, no big deal its pvc. Cut and glue blammo done. Hardest part is digging. For electrical pvc conduit they make a repair kit, 2 halves that wrap around the crack/break and glue together. Im not sure if they make it for plumbing.

#5 frank

frank

FF Geek

• Members
  • 15,877 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:37 PM

I just threw away a lifetime of guilt-free sex and floor seats for every sporting event in Madison Square Garden.

Another Dumb fvcking post by frank. :wave:

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

-- Jack Lambert --

OOTMFFOTB

#6 drobeski

drobeski

FF Geek

• Members
  • 59,189 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:38 PM

I just threw away a lifetime of guilt-free sex and floor seats for every sporting event in Madison Square Garden.

shoulda swallowed

#7 kutulu

kutulu

FF Geek

• Members
  • 55,684 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:45 PM

Moon landing
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human faceforever.

#8 NorthernVike

NorthernVike

FF Geek

• Members
  • 34,406 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:52 PM

No you're not, I am.

Truth

Being an ass hole is all part of my manly essence

You guys have no focking clue what happened so you really should just shut it..

#9 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 63,597 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:02 PM

I was almost done with a project to change out some leaky control valves, but instead of being patient i tried to force a connection together which caused a crack at the arrow in the picture.

Cracking the pipe at this T joint means i need to dig out another few feet of dirt in two directions and probably two trips to home depot. One to buy the parts and another to buy the parts that i missed on the first trip.

Being impatient cost me a couple hours :wall:

https://imgur.com/a/Q0cq1

Man, I don't know how you did that with that big bright red arrow pointing right at it. Didn't you notice that before you started the work?
Users currently on :ignore: BudBro,Flahawker

#10 KSB2424

KSB2424

FF Geek

• Members
  • 34,445 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:31 PM

Wheres the like button?
Disclaimer: I have no focking idea what I'm talking about.

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile." – Albert Einstein

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

#11 the s is ilent

the s is ilent

FF Geek

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:37 AM

Driving down to the lake and got lost. Familiar territory for me but in a daydream trance I was on the wrong road taking turns and directions for another road.

Rural back roads all look the same.

End up about 10 miles from my destination until I found a familiar landmark.

That's when I had a moment of clarity...I am a dumbass

#12 IGotWorms

IGotWorms

FF Geek

• Members
  • 52,326 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 11:49 AM

Well thats a story that needs tellin

#13 MTSkiBum

MTSkiBum

FF Geek

• Members
  • 12,570 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 11:59 AM

Well thats a story that needs tellin

It is George from Seinfeld when he proclaims himself king of the idiots.

Steeler's Fan

#14 Cruzer

Cruzer

FF Geek

• Members
  • 42,394 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:01 PM

I don't know - I melted an entire plastic bowl of Halloween candy in the oven, bowl and all...... It was a toxic mess and biitch to clean up.  :doh:

#15 shotsup

shotsup

FF Geek

• Members
  • 30,746 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:03 PM

You are sofa king stoopid.
“It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth.”
~George Burns

#16 jerryskids

jerryskids

FF Geek

• Members
  • 45,631 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:13 PM

I don't know - I melted an entire plastic bowl of Halloween candy in the oven, bowl and all...... It was a toxic mess and biitch to clean up.  :doh:

I remember that.  :D

Also, the next time I do a project with a single trip to the HW store will be the first time.  :cheers:

"I wouldnt even consider sitting out, I love pedo threads." -- tanatastic

#17 Reality

Reality

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,890 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:45 PM

Also, the next time I do a project with a single trip to the HW store will be the first time.  :cheers:

The second trip is expected, I start getting a little po'ed on trip 3...

:mad:

#18 fandandy

fandandy

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:54 PM

Back in my drinking days I once built a workbench in my basement.  The top was a 4 X 8 sheet of plywood and I did most of the work with the bench on its side.  When finally finished I proudly flipped it up on its legs and realized to my drunken dismay that the top of the bench was right around my chest level.

#19 Cruzer

Cruzer

FF Geek

• Members
  • 42,394 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:00 PM

I remember that.  :D

The 2nd trip (and there's always a 2nd trip) - I cave and get one of those hot dogs from the stand outside.. Damn those are good - and the Stand very strategically placed.