Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Rather see a church burn: KY Warehouse Edition

You used to be able to smell Bardstown from the county line, I can't imagine how strong it must be now.

Does Barton make any decent labels? I am not familiar with them.

I wonder if they are taking volunteers for the clean up.

When I was 18, had just moved to college, we asked some older friends to buy us some whiskey. Gave them a $20.

We were expecting a fifth of jack or something (circa 1998 prices). Instead, they hand us a half gallon of Very Old Barton, and some advice... be specific when you send people in a liquor store freshman.

Good god that sh!t was foul. Even the smell of having the bottle open was foul. But being good little 18 year olds, we killed the while bottle over a few nights.

Worst whiskey Ive ever consumed by far.

You used to be able to smell Bardstown from the county line, I can't imagine how strong it must be now.

Does Barton make any decent labels? I am not familiar with them.

I wonder if they are taking volunteers for the clean up.

I know what that's like, smelling the product from the road. Across the river from Detroit and east, just outside Windsor, Canada, on my way to my dad's hometown, is where Hiram Walker makes Canadian Club Whisky. Massive warehouses one after the other after the other like these Barton one to store/age their product. Like you say, as you drive the highway passed the distillery/warehouse you smell it as you go through.

Those guys made a killing during prohibition.

I know what that's like, smelling the product from the road. Across the river from Detroit and east, just outside Windsor, Canada, on my way to my dad's hometown, is where Hiram Walker makes Canadian Club Whisky. Massive warehouses one after the other after the other like these Barton one to store/age their product. Like you say, as you drive the highway passed the distillery/warehouse you smell it as you go through.

Those guys made a killing during prohibition.

Girl I used to dates parents lived downwind from a Tyson poultry processing plant. I did not like visiting there.

Girl I used to dates parents lived downwind from a Tyson poultry processing plant. I did not like visiting there.

When I was five-nine, I'd drive past that distillery very, very frequently. The smell was quite pleasant, even though I'd no idea what Canadian Club or any other whisky tasted like. So, I have developed a particular fondness for Canadian Club as it reminds me of home.

I imagine Tyson poultry wouldn't generate the same kind of fond memories or reaction.

When I was five-nine, I'd drive past that distillery very, very frequently. The smell was quite pleasant, even though I'd no idea what Canadian Club or any other whisky tasted like. So, I have developed a particular fondness for Canadian Club as it reminds me of home.

I imagine Tyson poultry wouldn't generate the same kind of fond memories or reaction.

Oddly, having lived my whole life in Tennessee, never been to a distillery. Always meant to check out jack daniels, never got around to it.