Sign in to follow this  
KayJay1971

How many beers do you drink in an average night?

I have no problem putting away 12-14 beers in any given night and still functioning properly the next day. I'm pretty sure I am an alcoholic.

I have no problem putting away 12-14 beers in any given night and still functioning properly the next day. I'm pretty sure I am an alcoholic.

i drink about a case a beer a year.

i drink about a case a beer a year.

More of a Zima guy?

I'll go out on a limb and guess coors lite ?

I'll go out on a limb and guess coors lite ?

Yes when I drink that sort of quantity it is generally Coors light or Bud Light but I do really enjoy "good" beers. I really like Hefiwiezen or however you spell it. They just tend to fill me up.

are we talking canadian or american beers?? makes a big diff

so when I say I drink 6-8 on average its more like 10-12 usa beers!!

:headbanger:

i haven't had 12 beers in total in my whole life.

beer is nasty!!

You're only an alcoholic if you compulsively drink despite negative consequences - this is probably the case, even if you don't realize it. Your liver and other organs are likely damaged by drinking this much over a sustained period, for example.

To answer your question, I have cumulatively drank one beer, if that much, in my entire life. I'm amazed that people can consume so much fluid with regularity.

Hard to answer. On any given night sure I can drink a 12er and still be completely fine in the morning. On the weekends 14-18 beers. Blue Lights are my preference if it matters.

Could you go a week without drinking?

Also penultimatestraw is right, you are doing a lot of cumulative damage to your liver. 40 yr olds shouldn't be drinking a 12er a night, unless they are unemployed mechanics.

Also also, move to hard liquor, you won't get as fat.

I can drink beer all day long without a problem. It's the shots that give me fits :wall:

Also, I rarely drink beer any more. I'll have maybe 1/2 bottle of wine on a weekend night. I used to drink every night, but I knew I was hurting my liver. Seriously, try not drinking during the week and only on weekends. Your body will thank you.

I have 3-4 beers a night maybe 5 times per week and I'm fine. Even if you get to work and function okay a 12er per night is going to wreck your organs. :o

I had two summer shandys and four landsharks watching the B's polish off the flyers last night. If I am drinking on a weeknight I'll have 2-3. Weekend 5-6.... My days of slugging down capncokes all night and waking up fine the next day are over...

Also strange that i enjoy the flavor of beer/wine more than i used to.

Take a break for two weeks. No alcohol. You'll be amazed to see what "functioning properly" really is.

Take a break for two weeks. No alcohol. You'll be amazed to see what "functioning properly" really is.

If someone is honestly drinking that much a night, don't they have to be worried about going into shock from alcohol withdrawal?

It is big news where I live, our county jail has killed two people within the last few years from alcohol withdrawal. They died fast too, within 48 hours of being booked.

Two beers a night for me right now, although it is 5-6 during winter.

average per night? i guess 3 but that number is misleading. during the week i rarely have any. If im out to dinner or something maybe i have 1 or 2. the majority is consumed on the weekend nights or on sundays during football.

interesting fact about old whitewonder. it takes a good amount to get me drunk, not all that much to make me vomit. i have no trouble with the alcohol, i just can't take that much liquid. im well known for the "puke and rally". I can be in the middle of a game of beruit, excuse myself to vomit, come back and drain the winning shot and keep on going like nothing happened. people say "you threw up? you don't even seem drunk". I'm not. Its just hard for me to consume 15-20 cups of beer in 30 minutes. :dunno:

Depends on my mood.

Koorz lite don't count

On nights when I'm getting my drink on I can easily put away 10-15 beers. Personally, I'd rather drink Jameson over beer.

If someone is honestly drinking that much a night, don't they have to be worried about going into shock from alcohol withdrawal?

It is big news where I live, our county jail has killed two people within the last few years from alcohol withdrawal. They died fast too, within 48 hours of being booked.

Two beers a night for me right now, although it is 5-6 during winter.

You don't go into shock from alcohol withdrawal. The sequence is predicable, with agitation/tremors/hallucinations occurring in the first 4-48 hours after alcohol cessation, seizures in some ~24 hours post drink and full blown delirium tremens typically 48-72 hours after stopping. DTs can kill you, as can seizures, but you almost always have some hint of your alcohol dependence before the more serious symptoms of withdrawal set in. As long as someone is around to observe the process and seek medical attention if necessary, there is relatively low risk of a bad outcome. Probably far less than his cumulative risk for health problems if he continues drinking so much.

You're only an alcoholic if you compulsively drink despite negative consequences - this is probably the case, even if you don't realize it. Your liver and other organs are likely damaged by drinking this much over a sustained period, for example.

To answer your question, I have cumulatively drank one beer, if that much, in my entire life. I'm amazed that people can consume so much fluid with regularity.

Phaggot

Basically drink twice a week once on Thursday's and then again on Friday or Saturday.

Thursday is usually around 5-6 pints..

Friday/Saturday is usually 6-8 beers/ liquor on the rocks.

Depending on occasion tailgate golfing etc, can easily drink 14-18 beers during a day and be functional the next morning, depending on what I ate that night.

Phaggot

Good point, how does one cumulatively drink maybe one beer in ones entire life? Is that like 1/2 ounce per year for 24 years? :unsure:

Good point, how does one cumulatively drink maybe one beer in ones entire life? Is that like 1/2 ounce per year for 24 years? :unsure:

Yeah impossible I call double phaggot for lying

How old are you?

im pretty sure i cumulatively drank one beer by the time i was 7. just from the random sip my dad would give me here or there to rile up my mom :lol:

I think you're a alcoholic when are drinking by yourself to the point of getting drunk.

And I put down an average of around 10-12 if I am drinking just beer, on nights I drink of course. Just a social drinker....but that is around 2 or so times a week. I rarely get schwasted drunk, once a month or so. I like to drink to the point of being drunk, then stop or slow down a lot.

It's weird, as I am getting older, my body tolerates hard liquor less and beer more. Every Wednesday night is pitcher night at this one bar. There have been nights where I have put down 5 pitchers, and that is 48oz pitchers, so the equivalent of 20 beers. I feel like a million bucks the next day.

Last week I had half a fifth of absolute, was barely drunk, and I actually puked and was feeling pretty sh1tty for a bit the next day. I have, in my day, put down whole fifths and felt fine the next day.

I can't drink anymore during the week because I have to get up at 6 am and whenever I drink anything, even if it's 1-2 I inevitably feel a little crappy in the morning.

:sadbanana:

On the weekends I want to say I drink maybe 6 captain and diet cokes one night when I feel like getting drunk. I usually only drink one night a weekend.

I can't drink anymore during the week

:thumbsdown:

No one cares

The OP asked, so apparently he does. Also sorry you think one's ability to drink correlates to sexual preference or toughness, or whatever middle school mentality you employ. Incredibly, some straight, non-religious people who aren't recovering alcoholics themselves don't like alcohol :shocking:

Yeah impossible I call double phaggot for lying

Since you do not know me, I have no idea why your panties are so wadded by the prospect of not enjoying beer, or alcohol in general. Any chance you can give me a valid reason for your indignation at this idea?