Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Flippy - The Burger flipping robot. canned for slowness after 1 day

Why liberals? this is a liberal thing?

Hiring the minimum wage to 15 an hour, ring a bell?

Hiring the minimum wage to 15 an hour, ring a bell?

You mean raising?

Or maybe higher ring?

Is that a boston thing?

You mean raising?

Or maybe higher ring?

Is that a boston thing?

Raisiring

Why liberals? this is a liberal thing?

Bcoz:

When normal working people desire wage increases it's called Liberalism.................

when CEO's and Executives award themselves multi-million dollar bonuses it's called Free Market Capitalism.

• Like 1

Why do robots get canned for being slow flipping burgers, but millennials do not?

when normal working people desire wage increases it's called Liberalism.

What's normal about being paid 15 an hour to focking flip burgers?

Why do robots get canned for being slow flipping burgers, but millennials do not?

:first:

What's normal about $10m bonuses?

What's normal about $10m bonuses?

That's a bunch of B.S. 100% CEO's and the like bonuses and salaries are way out of wack.

Are you saying they should lower a CEO's salary from 10 million to 5 and trickle the pay down to others?

By the time it reaches the burger flippers, it won't be much.

Wouldn't it be great, if everyone at a company were a true team and everyone had the same salary? Bonuses would have do be different based on what you did.

That's a bunch of B.S. 100% CEO's and the like bonuses and salaries are way out of wack.

Are you saying they should lower a CEO's salary from 10 million to 5 and trickle the pay down to others?

By the time it reaches the burger flippers, it won't be much.

When you have CEOs and Executives making the majority of the money, off the backs of workers - it's a recipe for poverty.

Unfortunately for the regular Joe working people, the rest of the world doesn't offer a "flipping burger" discount on the cost of goods. They don't care you make minimum wage, they're still going to charge you full price to function in society.... Minimum wage in Texas is $7.25 - that's about $1258, before taxes..... Apartments here go for about $900 for a decent, 600 sq. ft. apartment.... Assuming you don't chose to have electricity, a car, a phone, medical insurance, or food - you should be fine, have about $50 left over each month....... and then when these people apply for State and Government assistance, the multi-million dollar bonus crowd cries bcoz they have to pay for food stamps.

• Like 1

It's called Cost of Living. Something that in the last 40 years has stagnated among the middle class.

When you have CEOs and Executives making the majority of the money, off the backs of workers - it's a recipe for poverty.

Unfortunately for the regular Joe working people, the rest of the world doesn't offer a "flipping burger" discount on the cost of goods. They don't care you make minimum wage, they're still going to charge you full price to function in society.... Minimum wage in Texas is $7.25 - that's about $1258, before taxes..... Apartments here are going for about $900 for a decent, 620 sq. ft. apartment.... Assuming you don't chose to have electricity, a car, a phone, medical insurance, or food - you should be fine, have about $50 left over each month....... and then when these people apply for State and Government assistance, the multi-million dollar bonus crowd cries bcoz they have to pay for food stamps.

Decent 620 square feet, that close to an oxymoron.

Decent 620 square feet, that close to an oxymoron.

My bad, iPad typo......meant to say 600.

This feels like the type of revolutionary technology that hasn't been seen since the invention of the combustion engine. Get on board now.

It's called Cost of Living. Something that in the last 40 years has stagnated among the middle class.

Has a burger flipper ever been middle class?

My bad, iPad typo......meant to say 600.

I'm just thinking that's 600 or 620 seems really small, don't think I ever lived in an apartment that small in my apartment dwelling days.

Has a burger flipper ever been middle class?

Not what I'm saying. Burger flippers are lower class and the min wage has increased to reflect the rises of cost of living, but it's stagnated in the middle class. Hence, middle class people hear 15 bucks for flipping burgers and they are :shocking:, because their wages have not risen commensurately.

I'm just thinking that's 600 or 620 seems really small, don't think I ever lived in an apartment that small in my apartment dwelling days.

600 is actually a fair size for a studio or one bedroom.

Flipping burgers was never meant to allow someone to care for a family. It was meant for a HS kid to make some extra cash.

• Like 1

Oh yea, that's small but what a lot of lower end ones go for..... You can find them in the 800's, but nobody making minimum wage is living in them.

You just know some East Coast union rep is trying to figure out a way to get a portion of Flipeez paycheck.

• Like 1

One of the condos I own is 755 sq feet, 2 bedroom, YOOGE kitchen/dining area

I get 1300 for it.

Unfortunately for the regular Joe working people, the rest of the world doesn't offer a "flipping burger" discount on the cost of goods. They don't care you make minimum wage, they're still going to charge you full price to function in society.... Minimum wage in Texas is $7.25 - that's about $1258, before taxes..... Apartments here are going for about $900 for a decent, 600 sq. ft. apartment.... Assuming you don't chose to have electricity, a car, a phone, medical insurance, or food - you should be fine, have about $50 left over each month....... and then when these people apply for State and Government assistance, the multi-million dollar bonus crowd cries bcoz they have to pay for food stamps.

Who makes minimum wage?

Who makes minimum wage?

According to the Pew Research Center:

* (In 2015) Less than half (45%) of the 2.6 million hourly workers who were at or below the federal minimum in 2015 were ages 16 to 24. An additional 23.3% are ages 25 to 34, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics

* About 20.6 million people (or 30% of all hourly, non-self-employed workers 18 and older) are “near-minimum-wage” workers

I know the solution to these jobs being lost to automation: Let's let in a few million more unskilled, uneducated people from let's say, Mexico and Central America. That should work out well when more and more jobs done by the unskilled and uneducated are replaced by robots and automation. Brilliant!

I know the solution to these jobs being lost to automation: Let's let in a few million more unskilled, uneducated people from let's say, Mexico and Central America. That should work out well when more and more jobs done by the unskilled and uneducated are replaced by robots and automation. Brilliant!

It amuses me when people try to protest the use of technology, because it Will "save jobs". Like the 1000 people in the country who refuse to use self checkout, even though they have two items and it will save 10 minutes. Yep, you're saving jobs buddy. Keep thinking that.