Sign in to follow this  
mookie86mets

Rex Burkhead

Stay away from the Pats RBs except White in a PPR league. He has been the most consistent Patriot RB.

Tis the season for the Pats to transition from pass heavy offense to run heavy offense. They especially need to protect their suspect defense. Now as for whether the guy to own is Lewis, Burkhead or White, I have no idea.

I drafted Burkhead and cut him after week 1. I realized there's no way I can match wits with Belichek to identify when Burkhead will have a good game. He'll have some. So will Lewis, Gillislee, and White. Good luck identifying which weeks those are.

I've held onto White the whole year, but rarely played him in my lineup. I had to last night so I watched a great deal of the game. I was surprised by how much run Burkhead got and how little James White was involved. I know it's only 1 game, but I think I'd rather have Burkhead.

Honestly, what were (or weren't) the Bengals doing with this guy for 3 years? Dude can play....when he's on the field.

The "stay away from Pats RBs" take is fine and dandy, but if you lost Zeke or DJ or Packers RBs/WRs, then you're gonna have to delve in here.

And Burkhead is a nice play, especially with Gillislee out of the way. Looks like he'll get GL now on top of all the underneath stuff (less what goes to White).

He's arguably a better play than guys like Doug Martin, Derrick Henry, Pack RB, Phins RB, JStew, Broncos RB, etc.

Patriots Rb = stay away.

The "stay away from Pats RBs" take is fine and dandy, but if you lost Zeke or DJ or Packers RBs/WRs, then you're gonna have to delve in here.

And Burkhead is a nice play, especially with Gillislee out of the way. Looks like he'll get GL now on top of all the underneath stuff (less what goes to White).

He's arguably a better play than guys like Doug Martin, Derrick Henry, Pack RB, Phins RB, JStew, Broncos RB, etc.

Oh hell no, there's no argument. He's DEFINITELY a better play than that POS Doug Martin. Martin is dead to me.

They like Burkheads versatility so hell have a role for sure.

Along with Dion Lewis and James White.

And probably gillislee too. I doubt theyre just done with him with December and January coming up.

So yeah, decent flex play up to maaaybe a low level RB2 in PPR. Thats probably worth a #1 waiver priority at this point in the season

This is a time where an adage is useful. Diving into the pats rb situation will screw you. The usage is too random and inactivity is the only clue you get nowadays. Of the backs, I trust Lewis the most. James and Rex only exist to ruin each other. I want to believe in the Rex. Hes worth picking up and stashing if your bench has some trash on it. Besides that, dont do it!