Sign in to follow this  
OldMaid

The Walking Dead Season 5

5.12 Remember

It doesn’t take a person of superior intelligence such as myself, to see where this Alexandria story was going. I mean, I am a person of superior intelligence, but you don’t have to be. If I take out the comma in that sentence and…forget it. I spent a good deal of time last week pontificating on the relative softness of the citizens of Alexandria and the upcoming conflicts between them and Rick’s hardened group, all of which were the focus of the episode. The episode itself was pretty decent, keeping the story moving along and my interest at a reasonable level. Besides, I’m a sucker for episodes that introduce new locations and people.

We start with Rick’s group tentatively entering Alexandria. There is a great deal of mirroring to Terminus. Seemingly friendly people inside, take away your weapons, a charismatic leader, and let’s fix you a plate to eat. Daryl suddenly remembers how to hunt again, which would have come in handy 2 episodes ago, and he is nice enough to bring a dead possum inside like a cat bringing a dead bird to its owner. It was quite humorous and somewhat appropriate that Daryl was swinging the possum around during his camera interview and later when he field dressed in on the front porch, tossing the guts aside like a spent cigarette butt. That dang possum got more screen time than Abraham, Rosita, and Eugene combined.

Rick has a powwow with Captain Janeway otherwise knows as Deanna Munroe, which actually had me recollecting the Monroe Republic from the post apocalyptic show Revolution, which would have been roughly in the same part of the country. An immediate red flag is that she was/is a member of Congress. Look, in all post apocalyptic shows it is a hard fact that you should never trust the government or what is left of it. I’d trust The Governor more that this actual politician. She absolutely has hidden agendas. For all we know, she is making a 30 for 30 documentary with all the video equipment. I get the impression that she is using a super computer to recreate Minority Report, or to spy on people in various stages of undress like the security guards in clothing stores. She may be the face of government experimentation on survivors. The interviews themselves were absurd. You are overwhelmed from the silliness of The Office premise. I kept waiting for Rainn Wilson to pop up on my screen. Then you have Daryl swinging a dead possum around in front of Deanna. Deanna claims she can read people and is a terrific poker player; meanwhile Carol actually proclaims that she misses her abusive husband Ed and is the den mother of the group and further wants to be the June Cleaver of Alexandria, instead of Lara Croft that singlehanded blew up Terminus. Yes, she is “playing possum”, we get it. She at least threatened to give Daryl the hose unless he put the lotion on his skin or something like that. Deanna wants to assimilate Rick’s group into her luxurious, gated community. Rick preaches survival at any cost and that letting anybody inside is dumb. Could be an allegory to human beings in this world and their emotions. Aaron takes Rick and his family to their mini mansions. Aaron explains that one house has curb appeal. The only house that has ever been mentioned as having curb appearl was Ed Norton’s in American History X.. Running water, electricity, interior decoration, hair cuts, toothpaste, all creature comforts that lead people to be soft. That is the whole problem here, and a general commentary on our society, products of soft upbringing. Here we have a bunch of nice people, living a pleasant life, while just outside the fences is the real world that they have been sheltered from. Sometimes you need to get punches in the face so that you learn a lesson in how to not be such a tool. Rick’s group are the bullies and Alexandria is their high school to run roughshod over. And in the end, bullies kicking your ass are necessary if you want to become a well rounded human being able to function in whatever state the world is in at the time.

I don’t understand why Deanna wanted the group’s weapons, which was merely the guns, while allowing them to wander around with all their other weapons, including knives, machetes, cross bows, and a katana sword. Tara seems to be wearing a lot of flannel all of the sudden. Just saying. The group is having a pajama party every night in the same house together. Well, I get the paranoia as the group is going through stages of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I was a bit confused by the blond woman basically flirting with Rick. Um, she is married with kids, as we meet all of them during the episode. I’m sure Rick remembers the whole Shane and Lori situation. Just awkward. I suppose Rick will end up killing Jessie’s husband. “You know, I wish that I had Jessie's girl, I wish that I had Jessie's girl. Where can I find a woman like that?” Well, it doesn’t quite fit as Jessie is the girl, but how can you not think about Boogie Nights whenever you hear the name “Jessie”. Other than maybe Uncle Jessie. Ironically, Rick looked a bit like Roscoe P Coltrane at the end of the episode as he was getting ready to chase the Duke boys around the town square. Rick shaved his beard, which some think is a big deal. I think it’s simply a by product of lack of forwarding address to Dollar Shave Club. Daryl acts the loner the entire episode, much to the exasperation of Deanne. Well, in the first couple of seasons, Daryl refused to be part of any group. He slept separated, rode a motorcycle, hunted by himself. He’s just going back to what he has always been, uncomfortable around people. He got comfortable around Beth and Carol. Beth is dead and Carol is playing a role. Merl has been dead for a while now. Daryl really has nobody around to hang out with.

Carl meets the other older kids, which goes as awkwardly as expected. These kids are unaware of the real world and bask in the fakeness of the video games and pool and a clubhouse full of toys and magazines and comics. Carl mentions that he found a magazine in his new house, “Wolf Entity”, which belongs to Enid, a girl recently that joined the community, around 8 months ago. Is this a coincidence, that a Wolf magazine appears, after we see the message at Shirewild, “Wolves Not Far”? This creepy girl snuck over the fence and then disappeared as Carl was following her into the woods. Remember, this girl also briefly appeared to Carl inside the ramshackle house just outside Alexandria just as Rick’s group was about to go inside. She could be a sleeper agent sent to infiltrate Alexandria, and went outside the walls to report to her handler about this new group that just arrived. Enid also demonstrated how easy it was to go over the fence with a few rods and a blanket. She could be a spy from The Wolves, a marauding group. Far fetched? Well, Shirewilt fell somehow, maybe with the assistance of insider betrayal. Also, who stole Rick’s gun that he was hiding in the woods. Note: that gun will reappear sooner than later; it has a capital letter “J” on the handle. I’d say it was Enid that stole the gun, as she observed Rick hiding the gun previously. Carl lost her somewhere close to the gun and the shack, as Carl ran into his father getting ready to battle walkers. In the past, Rick would have admonished his son for being out there. Instead, it seemed like he wanted Carl to get some practice in killing walkers.

Glenn, Tara, and Noah are recruited to go on a supply run. Really? Glenn is a veteran at supply runs, so that’s fine. Tara lived inside an apartment building forever. Noah is gimpy and lived shelter in a hospital forever. Might as well bring along Father Gabriel and call it the Fantastically Inept Four. Aiden is cocksure and, well, a d!ck. He handed some tiny little guns to the gang and called them sweet biscuits. Well, I’m sure they are better than an air rifle, but it’s not like the automatic weapons Rick’s group walked into Alexandria with. You might be better off throwing a rock that using these guns. Does Aiden not know anything about these people, that they survived in the world for a long time before coming here. Maybe you talk over tactics before you set out; you might learn a few things. In the woods, Aiden confesses that they lost 4 people recently on a supply run because they didn’t follow the plan. Or maybe the plan sucked. You get in trouble, you fire a flare gun and wait for help. That’s the plan? Ironically, they were going on a supply run for biscuits. For some inexplicable reason, they had a walker tied up like a piñata instead of killing it. You would think they would have noticed that walkers have loose skin that tends to fall off. Of course the walker escaped by shedding itself of its guts like a lizard losing its tail, and then they tried to lasso it up again. I was actually starting to feel sorry for the walker. I get that the folks of Woodbury would capture walkers for sport and entertainment at times, but these actions by Aiden and some other guy whose name I can’t remember are inexplicably pointless and dangerous. And they insisted that they needed to keep the walker alive because it was part of some pregame ritual, like eating friend chicken or wearing black socks or chewing sunflower seeds. These Alexandrian dopes have little survival skills or instincts. After they return, a battle of words in public, and mild mannered Glenn mushes Aiden’s face with his fist. Aiden and his buddy acted like grown up children playing war with weapons. Just completely clueless. Rick is made the peace officer of the community. I kept waiting for Kanye West to run up to Rick and demand he give up his badge to Michonne, but luckily for all Deanne made Michonne a cop too. Rick, I understand. Michonne? Abraham was a soldier and Tara was in the police academy. Michonne? Well, she might be the first cop in history patrolling with a giant sword, so that’s something. Eh, I guess we will see what other jobs the members of the group are assigned. Rick assuages everybody’s fear that he may have gone soft by promising that if they can’t change the people of this town, they’ll just take it.

why did WD have to go gay? is nothing sacred?

How much time has passed in WD world ?

How much time has passed in WD world ?

Excellent question. We don't see much in change of seasons in the warm climate of Georgia, but we have some clues.

Rick woke up from a 2 month coma in the hospital; his injury coincided with the start of the Zombie Apocalypse. The rest of season one takes place in about a week.

Season 2 takes a week or two.

The jump between Season 2 and the fall of the farm to Season 3 was maybe 6 months.

Lori got pregnant soon after reuniting with Rick. Factor in 9 months for the birth of Judith. Minimum of 18 months now.

I'd say 6 months+ for Farmer Rick growing crops and raising pigs at the prison to the first fall of The Governor and Woodbury.

Another 6 months of the flu and Prison Council until the resurrection and destruction of The Governor 2.0; about 30 months now.

A few days/weeks traveling to Terminus. A few days/weeks for the church and hospital. The walkers are literally falling apart at the seams as they are not feeding and their skin is falling off now.

My best guess is 2 and a half years of Zombie Apocalypse, but the show gives the impression that it's been less, maybe a year and a half. Noah told Beth he was at the hospital for a year. Tara and her family were holed up in the apartment for maybe a year when they met the Governor. The timeline doesn't seem consistent to me.

We were discussing this last night at dinner. We came up with 2 years.

silly bear, can you please provide me the recipe for this so called friend chicken? Thanks much!

Far as I can tell the recaps phillybear allegedly deleted are still here :dunno:

I think he meant the calling out that he took them from somewhere else. Who knows or cares, half his other posts are from opie and jimmy.

I think he meant the calling out that he took them from somewhere else. Who knows or cares, half his other posts are from opie and jimmy.

True

Funny how some of you shoot a gift horse in the mouth. Can't do a write up yourself on any level and then criticize the one who can.

Funny how some of you shoot a gift horse in the mouth. Can't do a write up yourself on any level and then criticize the one who can.

Yes they did shoot a horse last episode. Excellent recap :thumbsup:

Yes they did shoot a horse last episode. Excellent recap :thumbsup:

Teein it up is quality. Hitting it right down the middle...GC gold.

I don't give a fock if people dislike my posts.

I take it as a huge insult to accuse me of being a fan of Opie and Jimmy. I think I stopped listening in mid October. It's the worst focking radio I've ever endured. Every day is Jocktober with those too talentless bags of sh!t. It's devoid of entertainment, humor, relevance, or honesty anymore. Anthony had 90% of the talent of the group and took it with him when Opie pushed to get him fired. I can't stomach Jimmy the worm anymore either. They are sh!tting all over their legacy.

After this episode, I've decided that Carol is the most badass of all of them.

And phillybear can fock off!

:mad:

funniest episode of the entire season. Very dry humor, but funny none the less. Michonne have a lot to do with that.

Obviously something is going on in the town. No one in the bell tower? Really? They all are really safe. So something is keeping them safe. Something close by. Aaron knows the truth and wants to tell. Something else about Aaron, I get the feeling he is biggest badass of them all. Maybe former special forces. Keeping a low profile for the sake of his boyfriend (who will die soon, IMO). He will join the gang when they eventually flee.

5.13 Forget

For the third week in a row, we had a decent episode that kept the narrative moving along. We are witnessing a metamorphosis into The Walking Game of Thrones as alliances are forged, treachery is hiding in plain sight, and a joust for leadership of the land is afoot. Featuring Carl Grimes as Arya Stark. Abraham as Hodor, and Eugene as Reek. Sadly, no dragons yet, maybe a dragonfly. So, let’s get down to it, boppers.

Sasha takes pictures out into the woods and gets some target practice by shooting at images of families she doesn’t know. While we are supposed to feel sympathy for her mentally shattered character and whole PTSD issue, I’m more fascinated by how tricky the camera work is in helping hide the pregnancy bump the real life actress has. Anyway, Sasha has gone full blown donkey brains and is running around looking for the Frog Kid. She sits down on a stump and mutters, “Why did Bob have to have a pea green jacket. I hate pea green.” Rick, Daryl, and Carol, seemingly the only team members not truly assimilating into the hive, hatch a plot to steal back some guns. Just in case. Seems ridiculous that you have to resort to stealing your own possessions in the first place. As they kill an approaching walker, we see the familiar “W” carved into it’s forehead, which we saw in Shirewilt, which is roughly 100 miles away. We’ve seen the word Wolves painted on the wall and “W” on walkers. Again, I can’t help but think it’s another group. Aiden and his scavengers claimed to have gone out and cleared nearly 50 miles in a semi circle outside of Alexandria, which begs the question of what is the status of Washington DC itself just a few miles away, but why all these walkers are roaming around over highways that were “cleared”? Is this another example of Aiden’s incompetence and the scavengers in general? Anyway, how far does the reach of this group carving initials into walkers’ head reach, and how soon until we met them, most likely the season finale? Or if this season ends up with Alexandria Civil War, when there may be some blurring of lines and people switch sides in the fighting, then we may not see these Wolves until the next season. Why Rick didn’t make the connection of the “W” to Shirewilt, I can’t say, but he saw the corpses pile out of that vehicle, while Daryl and Carol did not go on that scouting team. Rick and Michonne question the decision to make them peace officers. Especially since Rick’s is becoming more unhinged every episode.

Aaron follows Daryl through the woods until Aaron is discovered. Daryl allows Aaron to tag along in hunting. Daryl specifically tells Aaron to be quiet; Aaron proceeds to chatter more than a housewife in a saloon. They come across horse, named Buttons. I fell nauseous. If I’m a horse, I’m running right head first into a tree as fast as I can to just end it so that I would never be called Buttons again. Daryl tries to lasso the wild horse, which is a metaphor for Aaron trying to rope in a wild Daryl and get assimilated into the Alexandria group. Buttons flees from the scene faster than the buttons on a dress shirt owned by Rob Ryan. Aaron feels it’s appropriate for Daryl to pull down his pants and do a rendition of Goodbye Horses from Silence of the Lambs. He’d even settle for the version from Clerks 2, but no such luck. Is Daryl ever going to take a shower, or will he continue to come out in the woods and roll around in a wallow to keep up appearances. He’s probably covered in lice and ticks, which does not deter all the ladies in the viewing audience to continue to swoon. Buttons is spooked away by walkers, which Daryl and Aaron tag team to kill. Aaron makes a better showing here in killing walkers than the previous jaunt in the woods, but when you nearly get killed by the walker you tripped over and can’t struggle mightily to get away from, that’s kind of pathetic. They eventually catch up to the horse just as it becomes a chew toy for hungry walkers. After killing dogs a few episodes ago, now they watch a horse pulled apart and shot. PETA is filling up buckets of paint and mobilizing. I wonder why Daryl and Aaron don’t cut up the fresh horse meat and take it with them. You simply cannot waste resources when you come across them.

Deanna lays out her plan for world domination. First, Rick and Michonne steal underwear. Not sure what step 2 is. But it all ends up in profit. Then invading Poland. Deanne wants to set up a government, because once you get government involved, it always ends well for the citizens. Maggie is going to be her right hand gal. Maggie is full of rainbows and sunshine, despite Beth dying a couple of days ago. Grieve? That was sooo yesterday. Almost literally. Since it is going to be a government, Deanna favors imposing gun control on the residents. I mean, if walkers break into your house, there is no need to worry about protecting yourself with actual weapons. No, you’ll be able to defend yourself with little plastic sword sandwich holders. She has already assigned jobs to all the people. Yes, Deanna is a Marxist. Speaking of Marxists, Sasha Harvey Oswald volunteers to man the bell tower as a sniper. Deanna wants Sasha to join the social hosue warming type of event in the evening. Sasha is reluctant because she feels there will be a much better party at the Moon Tower.

The party is as comfortable as a 6th grade social with boys and girls on opposite sides of the gymnasium and an empty dance floor . The Alexandrians are delusional and self absorbed by minutia, as if they were living in a gated community. Oh, right. Rick’s group is incapable of socializing, including Sasha who screams at some lady that wanted to cook her a meal. Almost as much fun as running up to a carriage and screaming in a baby’s face. Almost. But neither are as great as catching the eye of pretty girl across the bar and mouthing the words, “I’m going to kill you…” But I digress. Jessie's weird son gives Rick a hand stamp of the letter "A" in red ink. Everybody recalls one the books they made us read in high school was The Scarlet Letter, where the adulterous woman had a red letter “A” sewn into her dress because her sex life conflicted with her Puritanical settlement, implying that adultery on the show is forthcoming. Soon after Rick gives Jessie a kiss on the cheek, both seemed to linger in uncomfortableness for a while before going their separate ways. Rick’s judgment is cloudy, but is his morality? What is morality in this world anymore? In this world, are contracts like marriage honored anymore. Or truces? Or just about any kind of promise? The show is trying to paint Jessie’s husband Pete as a drunk and abuser, as he has now been seen drinking a few times and he seemed to put Jessie in her place when she offered to get them drinks. The show will try to justify Rick’s future actions of causing the death of Pete while he begins a relationship with Jessie. I’ve said it many times, there is no time for love in this new world, because love = death. On the other hand, put a circle around the red “A”, and you have symbolism for anarchy, as Rick’s group is moving closer to overthrowing Deanna’s government and authority. As the party goes along, much is made of the diversity of all of the town’s residents and even the newcomers. Which is very reminiscent of the plot of FOX’s failed Utopia reality show that plunged into chaos people living together trying to establish a civilization. And the ratings were sh!t.

Daryl avoids the party, but seemingly has bonded with Aaron as he attends a Spaghetti dinner. The show blatantly explained to us that Daryl, Aaron and Eric are the outsiders of Alexandria. Pasta maker, pasta maker, enough about the dagnabbit pasta maker. I’ll buy one for the old bitty if you just stop bringing it up. And by buying one, I mean the wood chipper scene from Fargo. Daryl is given a garage full of motorcycle parts and a job as a recruiter. And a map to storage units. Coming soon to TLC. I can’t imagine a worse job for Daryl. Daryl does not recruit. He grunts, he scowls, and he carries dead possums with him into interviews. Daryl doesn’t have time to use a toilet; he sh!ts his pants, waits for the log to harden, and eventually turn to dust. Invisible Carol Storm returns to the unlatched to steal back some guns. I understand the concept of Carol being under the radar, but those sweaters she is wearing are just so extremely distractingly ugly. Carol makes a stop for more chocolate first. This is how she will be discovered. The bore-ista told her about the ration on the chocolate, but Carol dips in for extra helpings. Bore-ista will discover the chocolate theft, take inventory, and discover the gun theft. Jessie's son follows Carol into the armory, wanting to ask Carol to make more cookies, and the kid says that he will have to tell his mother what he saw. Carol tells the greatest bed time story of torture and being alone and death and a 6 fingered man and scares the bejeezus out of that kid and who is quickly completely emptying his bladder and bowels. Saw 9, Do you want to play a game? You choose: cookies with applesauce or having your belly ripped apart. To me, it’s about the same. Applesauce sucks.

The next day, Rick, Carol, and Daryl meet in the woods to swap stories and ammo. Daryl refuses to take a gun, claiming all is well, but then again, he’s got a crossbow already. Back in Alexandria, Rick put his hand on his gun and nearly pulls it out when Pete and Jessie walk by. Rick had a thousand mile stare and viewers are questioning his level of insanity. He seem to have a few moments of clarity a day, in between hours upon hours of dementia. Hey, the guy probably hasn’t cleaned his pipes in a while, if you know wht I mean. And he is not staring at a good looking woman. It happens. That’s why you have bouncers in gentleman’s clubs Did you notice the street sign behind Rick that read “Morgan St”. Since Morgan has been in post show credits 3 times now, I expect him to show up in Alexandria by the season finale. After all, he has Abraham’s map, pointing towards Washington D.C. Rick heads off in between houses to the outer wall. I personally would have chosen a more discrete location such as a bathroom and some tissues, or a random bush, but who am I to judge? Rick gropes at the wall like a teenage boy trying to undo his first bra on a living person, with a walker just on the other side of the town wall. Rick’s hand feels around the wall for a while, seeking a glory hole that just does not materialize.

How many actual people are there in Alexandria? A hundred? Two hundred? A thousand? Has anybody died in Alexandria, and have they seen that person reanimate? Are they aware that they are all infected? How long until Rick seizes control of Alexandria, either by force, or election. Force would be more fun, because who the fock wants to see a debate between people running for office.

Obviously something is going on in the town. No one in the bell tower? Really? They all are really safe. So something is keeping them safe. Something close by. Aaron knows the truth and wants to tell. Something else about Aaron, I get the feeling he is biggest badass of them all. Maybe former special forces. Keeping a low profile for the sake of his boyfriend (who will die soon, IMO). He will join the gang when they eventually flee.

I would be my right arm that the truckload of walker torsos from a previous episode - plus the walker with the "w" carved in his head in this episode have a lot to do with what you're alluding to.

5.13 Forget

For the third week in a row, we had a decent episode that kept the narrative moving along. We are witnessing a metamorphosis into The Walking Game of Thrones as alliances are forged, treachery is hiding in plain sight, and a joust for leadership of the land is afoot. Featuring Carl Grimes as Arya Stark. Abraham as Hodor, and Eugene as Reek. Sadly, no dragons yet, maybe a dragonfly. So, lets get down to it, boppers.

Sasha takes pictures out into the woods and gets some target practice by shooting at images of families she doesnt know. While we are supposed to feel sympathy for her mentally shattered character and whole PTSD issue, Im more fascinated by how tricky the camera work is in helping hide the pregnancy bump the real life actress has. Anyway, Sasha has gone full blown donkey brains and is running around looking for the Frog Kid. She sits down on a stump and mutters, Why did Bob have to have a pea green jacket. I hate pea green. Rick, Daryl, and Carol, seemingly the only team members not truly assimilating into the hive, hatch a plot to steal back some guns. Just in case. Seems ridiculous that you have to resort to stealing your own possessions in the first place. As they kill an approaching walker, we see the familiar W carved into its forehead, which we saw in Shirewilt, which is roughly 100 miles away. Weve seen the word Wolves painted on the wall and W on walkers. Again, I cant help but think its another group. Aiden and his scavengers claimed to have gone out and cleared nearly 50 miles in a semi circle outside of Alexandria, which begs the question of what is the status of Washington DC itself just a few miles away, but why all these walkers are roaming around over highways that were cleared? Is this another example of Aidens incompetence and the scavengers in general? Anyway, how far does the reach of this group carving initials into walkers head reach, and how soon until we met them, most likely the season finale? Or if this season ends up with Alexandria Civil War, when there may be some blurring of lines and people switch sides in the fighting, then we may not see these Wolves until the next season. Why Rick didnt make the connection of the W to Shirewilt, I cant say, but he saw the corpses pile out of that vehicle, while Daryl and Carol did not go on that scouting team. Rick and Michonne question the decision to make them peace officers. Especially since Ricks is becoming more unhinged every episode.

Aaron follows Daryl through the woods until Aaron is discovered. Daryl allows Aaron to tag along in hunting. Daryl specifically tells Aaron to be quiet; Aaron proceeds to chatter more than a housewife in a saloon. They come across horse, named Buttons. I fell nauseous. If Im a horse, Im running right head first into a tree as fast as I can to just end it so that I would never be called Buttons again. Daryl tries to lasso the wild horse, which is a metaphor for Aaron trying to rope in a wild Daryl and get assimilated into the Alexandria group. Buttons flees from the scene faster than the buttons on a dress shirt owned by Rob Ryan. Aaron feels its appropriate for Daryl to pull down his pants and do a rendition of Goodbye Horses from Silence of the Lambs. Hed even settle for the version from Clerks 2, but no such luck. Is Daryl ever going to take a shower, or will he continue to come out in the woods and roll around in a wallow to keep up appearances. Hes probably covered in lice and ticks, which does not deter all the ladies in the viewing audience to continue to swoon. Buttons is spooked away by walkers, which Daryl and Aaron tag team to kill. Aaron makes a better showing here in killing walkers than the previous jaunt in the woods, but when you nearly get killed by the walker you tripped over and cant struggle mightily to get away from, thats kind of pathetic. They eventually catch up to the horse just as it becomes a chew toy for hungry walkers. After killing dogs a few episodes ago, now they watch a horse pulled apart and shot. PETA is filling up buckets of paint and mobilizing. I wonder why Daryl and Aaron dont cut up the fresh horse meat and take it with them. You simply cannot waste resources when you come across them.

Deanna lays out her plan for world domination. First, Rick and Michonne steal underwear. Not sure what step 2 is. But it all ends up in profit. Then invading Poland. Deanne wants to set up a government, because once you get government involved, it always ends well for the citizens. Maggie is going to be her right hand gal. Maggie is full of rainbows and sunshine, despite Beth dying a couple of days ago. Grieve? That was sooo yesterday. Almost literally. Since it is going to be a government, Deanna favors imposing gun control on the residents. I mean, if walkers break into your house, there is no need to worry about protecting yourself with actual weapons. No, youll be able to defend yourself with little plastic sword sandwich holders. She has already assigned jobs to all the people. Yes, Deanna is a Marxist. Speaking of Marxists, Sasha Harvey Oswald volunteers to man the bell tower as a sniper. Deanna wants Sasha to join the social hosue warming type of event in the evening. Sasha is reluctant because she feels there will be a much better party at the Moon Tower.

The party is as comfortable as a 6th grade social with boys and girls on opposite sides of the gymnasium and an empty dance floor . The Alexandrians are delusional and self absorbed by minutia, as if they were living in a gated community. Oh, right. Ricks group is incapable of socializing, including Sasha who screams at some lady that wanted to cook her a meal. Almost as much fun as running up to a carriage and screaming in a babys face. Almost. But neither are as great as catching the eye of pretty girl across the bar and mouthing the words, Im going to kill you But I digress. Jessie's weird son gives Rick a hand stamp of the letter "A" in red ink. Everybody recalls one the books they made us read in high school was The Scarlet Letter, where the adulterous woman had a red letter A sewn into her dress because her sex life conflicted with her Puritanical settlement, implying that adultery on the show is forthcoming. Soon after Rick gives Jessie a kiss on the cheek, both seemed to linger in uncomfortableness for a while before going their separate ways. Ricks judgment is cloudy, but is his morality? What is morality in this world anymore? In this world, are contracts like marriage honored anymore. Or truces? Or just about any kind of promise? The show is trying to paint Jessies husband Pete as a drunk and abuser, as he has now been seen drinking a few times and he seemed to put Jessie in her place when she offered to get them drinks. The show will try to justify Ricks future actions of causing the death of Pete while he begins a relationship with Jessie. Ive said it many times, there is no time for love in this new world, because love = death. On the other hand, put a circle around the red A, and you have symbolism for anarchy, as Ricks group is moving closer to overthrowing Deannas government and authority. As the party goes along, much is made of the diversity of all of the towns residents and even the newcomers. Which is very reminiscent of the plot of FOXs failed Utopia reality show that plunged into chaos people living together trying to establish a civilization. And the ratings were sh!t.

Daryl avoids the party, but seemingly has bonded with Aaron as he attends a Spaghetti dinner. The show blatantly explained to us that Daryl, Aaron and Eric are the outsiders of Alexandria. Pasta maker, pasta maker, enough about the dagnabbit pasta maker. Ill buy one for the old bitty if you just stop bringing it up. And by buying one, I mean the wood chipper scene from Fargo. Daryl is given a garage full of motorcycle parts and a job as a recruiter. And a map to storage units. Coming soon to TLC. I cant imagine a worse job for Daryl. Daryl does not recruit. He grunts, he scowls, and he carries dead possums with him into interviews. Daryl doesnt have time to use a toilet; he sh!ts his pants, waits for the log to harden, and eventually turn to dust. Invisible Carol Storm returns to the unlatched to steal back some guns. I understand the concept of Carol being under the radar, but those sweaters she is wearing are just so extremely distractingly ugly. Carol makes a stop for more chocolate first. This is how she will be discovered. The bore-ista told her about the ration on the chocolate, but Carol dips in for extra helpings. Bore-ista will discover the chocolate theft, take inventory, and discover the gun theft. Jessie's son follows Carol into the armory, wanting to ask Carol to make more cookies, and the kid says that he will have to tell his mother what he saw. Carol tells the greatest bed time story of torture and being alone and death and a 6 fingered man and scares the bejeezus out of that kid and who is quickly completely emptying his bladder and bowels. Saw 9, Do you want to play a game? You choose: cookies with applesauce or having your belly ripped apart. To me, its about the same. Applesauce sucks.

The next day, Rick, Carol, and Daryl meet in the woods to swap stories and ammo. Daryl refuses to take a gun, claiming all is well, but then again, hes got a crossbow already. Back in Alexandria, Rick put his hand on his gun and nearly pulls it out when Pete and Jessie walk by. Rick had a thousand mile stare and viewers are questioning his level of insanity. He seem to have a few moments of clarity a day, in between hours upon hours of dementia. Hey, the guy probably hasnt cleaned his pipes in a while, if you know wht I mean. And he is not staring at a good looking woman. It happens. Thats why you have bouncers in gentlemans clubs Did you notice the street sign behind Rick that read Morgan St. Since Morgan has been in post show credits 3 times now, I expect him to show up in Alexandria by the season finale. After all, he has Abrahams map, pointing towards Washington D.C. Rick heads off in between houses to the outer wall. I personally would have chosen a more discrete location such as a bathroom and some tissues, or a random bush, but who am I to judge? Rick gropes at the wall like a teenage boy trying to undo his first bra on a living person, with a walker just on the other side of the town wall. Ricks hand feels around the wall for a while, seeking a glory hole that just does not materialize.

How many actual people are there in Alexandria? A hundred? Two hundred? A thousand? Has anybody died in Alexandria, and have they seen that person reanimate? Are they aware that they are all infected? How long until Rick seizes control of Alexandria, either by force, or election. Force would be more fun, because who the fock wants to see a debate between people running for office.

That's not what "begs the question" means.

Just keep wondering what the catch is? I am thinking they are protected by the Military as it's pretty close to DC and the leader was a congress woman. There is NO CHANCE a group with a Nirvana in the Post apocalypse - power, beds , houses, real food, walking around freely ... Lasts 2 years or close to it with that lax security - walls or not. And none of them seem to really know how to shoot or fight -- Rick's group could taken all out pretty easily if it was as easy as it's being made to look right now.

I believe Rick's "We are the walking dead" speech from the barn scene sums up the entire season finale. Along with Rick's warning in the zombies, lies and videotape scene recently, the story is that Rick and Co become the threat themselves. Add in Daryl's quote from the last episode: "The longer something is out here, the it returns to what it really is".

Definite showdown between not only Alexandrites and Rickites, but between the Rickites themselves is coming.

Rick’s hand feels around the wall for a while, seeking a glory hole that just does not materialize.

:lol:

:thumbsup: TWD has some bad episodes and dumb storylines, but it seems whenever they change scenery, it's always different and it always peaks my interest. The writers are very good at creating an unnerving environment that just builds and builds.

:thumbsup: TWD has some bad episodes and dumb storylines, but it seems whenever they change scenery, it's always different and it always peaks my interest. The writers are very good at creating an unnerving environment that just builds and builds.

A friend of mine who reads the comics told me the series is about to get really good and all will be rewarded for keeping up.

A friend of mine who reads the comics told me the series is about to get really good and all will be rewarded for keeping up.

a friend of mine told me that your friend is kind of a dork nerd freak for reading comic books.

a friend of mine told me that your friend is kind of a dork nerd freak for reading comic books.

That he is. But he knows the series. I know how this season ends and I wish I did not. Spoiled it for me but I had to ask.

That he is. But he knows the series. I know how this season ends and I wish I did not. Spoiled it for me but I had to ask.

Was this before or after you ate your own load?

Last night's episode was pretty damn good. Shite is about to go down!

Best one in a while. Loved them blaring techno whilst trying to avoid detection by zombies.

What the fock is up with the preacher?

What the fock did the dude mean by "We left them all?"

Carol wants to kill everybody. She yearns for it. WTF is up with her?

Is Darryl ghey? I would explain alot.

I also like chocolate chip cookies.