Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Dez Bryant deal not getting done because of HUGE scandal about to drop

Just read on Twitter (Sorry no link) that the reason the Cowboys are putting off a Dez Bryant deal is because a video "five times worse' than the Rice tape is about to drop.

That was reported by Scott Engel of NFL Fantasy Network

Should be interesting

big thread over at the main board about this

Jesus, what the hell did he do I wonder?

Imagine if videos of the early 90s cowboys existed :o

http://www.nbcdfw.com/blogs/blue-star/So-Is-There-An-Incriminating-Dez-Bryant-Video-Or-Not-294015771.html

Florio, the founder of ProFootballTalk.com, was a guest on 105.3 The Fan last week and was asked about the possibility of a video. His response was, well, shocking.

“It’s one of the best-kept secrets in the media,” Florio told hosts Shan Shariff and R.J. Choppy. “A story that all of the major insiders know about, known about it for months, involving a video tape. And the Cowboys are aware of it. Because of that and possible other reasons the Cowboys have been very reluctant to commit major money to him. I don't know that the video does exist – it relates to off-field concerns – that’s just the chatter. That there's video, and the Cowboys are afraid it will come out and have a Ray Rice-like type of an impact.”

Eh, I think it's just a rumor. If it was that big of a deal, someone would've leaked it by now one would think.

Eh, I think it's just a rumor. If it was that big of a deal, someone would've leaked it by now one would think.

That does seem to be the more likely scenario

Why would you leak it if you're trying to get paid?

If it happened before he came into the NFL, I don't think the league should do anything. Whatever it was, the Police didn't seem to get involved. the guy had a pretty rough upbringing. I think I heard his mother was 15 when he was born. She was arrested for selling and possession of crack cocaine and she may have been a prostitute. If he focked up when he was young and before he came into the NFL, I would give him a pass. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that he beat up his mother.

If it happened before he came into the NFL, I don't think the league should do anything. Whatever it was, the Police didn't seem to get involved. the guy had a pretty rough upbringing. I think I heard his mother was 15 when he was born. She was arrested for selling and possession of crack cocaine and she may have been a prostitute. If he focked up when he was young and before he came into the NFL, I would give him a pass. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that he beat up his mother.

Yeah it does depend on how recent it is. Dude seems to have turned a corner so if this was years ago then it might not be relevant to who he is today

Spoken like a true cowboy's fan. :mellow:

Why would you leak it if you're trying to get paid?

If he beat the living piss out of his wife/gf or did something highly illegal someone would've pressed charges or spoken up about it by now. Especially with his star power. If it's "5 times worse then Ray Rice" I don't see how it could've fallen through the cracks for this long :dunno:

He didnt turn a corner, the cowboys hired a small army to babysit him.

I admit I haven't followed him or the Cowboys very closely so if it's all PR or babysitting bullsh!t then that would change things

Derek Carr is probably excited about getting a stud WR to throw to. :dunno:

If I end up with him on my fantasy team, I don't think that what he did is a really big deal. If anyone else gets him, I think he should be suspended for a long time.

Derek Carr is probably excited about getting a stud WR to throw to. :dunno:

I almost went there. :thumbsup:

If he beat his mom, he is a Raider fer sure!

Imagine if videos of the early 90s cowboys existed :o

The video of the 85 bears was bad enough.

The video of the 85 bears was bad enough.

Patriots is the worst of all time, ever.

:cry:

:cry:

Terez Owens site has an update that says the video shows him clocking a woman in a Walmart.

So this huge scandal is Bryant forcing some fat biotch in spandex to run the 40?

Terez Owens site has an update that says the video shows him clocking a woman in a Walmart.

The video better be pretty conclusive. That happens pretty much every night at Walmart

Adam Schefter reports existence of Dez Bryant video

Carmen and Jurko: What’s going on with Dez Bryant?

Adam Schefter: That’s a very interesting question. I’ll just say this – check back with me on that one.

Carmen and Jurko: Have you heard about this video? Do you know what’s on it?

Schefter: Yeah.

Carmen and Jurko: Have you seen it?

Schefter: I have not seen it.

Carmen and Jurko: Is he doing something criminal? Can you talk about it?

Schefter: I’ll say this: I’ve been working on this since September.

Carmen and Jurko: Is it criminal?

Schefter: Like I said I’ve been working on it since September. There’s a lot involved.

Carmen and Jurko: Is this going to come out?

Schefter: Don’t know. Don’t know yet.

Carmen and Jurko: Okay. Wow. I have never heard about this until the weekend and now it’s all over the internet

Schefter: It’s taken up a lot of my time this season I’ll say that.

Carmen and Jurko: And you did it in a very clandestine way it sounds like. Did you feel like you had to?

Schefter: Well listen, whatever we’ve been working on is not ready and maybe it never will be. Who knows? You’ve got to be very careful on these things. People can talk about videos, they can talk about this they can talk about that. The fact of the matter is, it doesn’t mean anything and it’s really not fair to him right now until you have all your facts in line. Wh

If I end up with him on my fantasy team, I don't think that what he did is a really big deal. If anyone else gets him, I think he should be suspended for a long time.

:D

It's probably just coincidence that this story is coming out now considering some are claiming they've known about it since August of last year and sat on it. Quality reporting there ESPN.