Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Soccer could be more popular than baseball when World Cup comes to the U.S. in 2026

not surprising honestly

Baseball requires extreme skill

Soccer requires none

which do you think millenials favor?

and no dumbasses dont show me a video of 6 random guys landing a bicycle kick, I too have a video where I scored like that and I too played high level soccer/pro into my mid 20's

You played professional soccer but says it takes ZERO skill?

I call BS. You are lying. Just like the time you said you have an African American wife.

I call. And raise.

This is it in a nutshell... People born in the internet age have no patience and need things over quickly...

Is that what your wife told you?

I played soccer, basketball (just JV) and baseball (my best and favorite sport) through High School.

Your post couldnt be further from the truth.

Its just a different sport when playing. Thats all. Youre making up some weird correlation.

Watching soccer for any casual fan IS better. There are literally ZERO commercials. Its very refreshing.

Don't know what you want me to tell you. I was a YMCA director for a lot of years and I can tell you it's what I've heard from kids and coaches.

casual fan doesn't really care about soccer they just care when America is playing which is patriotism more than anything. I think most casual fans if that's what you want to call them stop caring about soccer 5 minutes after the United States is out of it.

Don't know what you want me to tell you. I was a YMCA director for a lot of years and I can tell you it's what I've heard from kids and coaches.

casual fan doesn't really care about soccer they just care when America is playing which is patriotism more than anything. I think most casual fans if that's what you want to call them stop caring about soccer 5 minutes after the United States is out of it.

No, you said kids choose soccer over other sports because they are afraid of failure. Goofballs running around just kicking a ball

Thats asinine. You have zero clue what youre talking about. Stick to basketball. itsatip

You played professional soccer but says it takes ZERO skill?

I call BS. You are lying. Just like the time you said you have an African American wife.

I call. And raise.

1st my wife is a quarter black maybe a little less

2nd I played semi-pro indoor soccer in Mexico and So Cal for 2 and a half seasons, as a semi-minor league team to the San Diego Sockers.

It takes decent skill, but not nearly close to what it takes to be a pro baseball player

it takes good eye/foot control and great conditioning. Nothing else

Not to defend soccer but baseball takes good eye/hand control very average conditioning. And not much else. Unless you count spitting sunflower seeds.

Not to defend soccer but baseball takes good eye/hand control very average conditioning. And not much else. Unless you count spitting sunflower seeds.

very few players have success that aren't complete athletes

Baseball is for lazy fat focks too. especially at the youth level. No running involved.

no matter what age you play soccer, you run your ass off.

No, you said kids choose soccer over other sports because they are afraid of failure. Goofballs running around just kicking a ball

Thats asinine. You have zero clue what youre talking about. Stick to basketball. itsatip

Youth soccer is kids running around like goofballs.....kind of elite soccer you watching?

Youth soccer is kids running around like goofballs.....kind of elite soccer you watching?

Kids playing soccer at the ages of 8 or less, play amoeba ball.

Everyone but the goalie runs after the ball, like chicks in lingerie chasing benny hill

Baseball is for lazy fat focks too. especially at the youth level. No running involved.

no matter what age you play soccer, you run your ass off

Kids definitely run more in soccer than in baseball. But youth baseball is played by lots of athletic kids and the action is much more lively than MLB. They're putting the ball in play a lot and many kids are hitting .500-.700 for the season

I also see a lot of multi sport athletes in baseball, as opposed to soccer, where many are out there because it's all they can do.

In youth baseball, non-athletes stick out like a sore thumb. Those are the kids who can't swing the bat and throw like girls. They can get better with practice, but if they aren't coordinated, they won't have much success.

Strength, speed, agility, hand-eye coordination and quickness are all required to be successful in baseball. Stamina isn't really required. That's why it's on the fence between a sport and a game.

Kids definitely run more in soccer than in baseball. But youth baseball is played by lots of athletic kids and the action is much more lively than MLB. They're putting the ball in play a lot and many kids are hitting .500-.700 for the season

I also see a lot of multi sport athletes in baseball, as opposed to soccer, where many are out there because it's all they can do.

In youth baseball, non-athletes stick out like a sore thumb. Those are the kids who can't swing the bat and throw like girls. They can get better with practice, but if they aren't coordinated, they won't have much success.

Strength, speed, agility, hand-eye coordination and quickness are all required to be successful in baseball. Stamina isn't really required. That's why it's on the fence between a sport and a game.

you had it nailed until there, I would never say Golf isn't a sport

tell me a pitcher throwing 120 pitches in a game doesn't require stamina, how about a catcher playing 15 innings, in gear behind the dish in 100 degree weather. How about playing 162 games in 180ish days and they dont just play for 3 hours, most of them are at the field at least 8 hours a day. Its also the only sport that you practice even on game days (I am not talking warmups)

I doubt any of us doing our wimpy jobs would be ok with 18 days off in 6 months

you had it nailed until there, I would never say Golf isn't a sport

tell me a pitcher throwing 120 pitches in a game doesn't require stamina, how about a catcher playing 15 innings, in gear behind the dish in 100 degree weather. How about playing 162 games in 180ish days and they dont just play for 3 hours, most of them are at the field at least 8 hours a day. Its also the only sport that you practice even on game days (I am not talking warmups)

I doubt any of us doing our wimpy jobs would be ok with 18 days off in 6 months

Different type of stamina I guess.

Im really referring to the level of conditioning it takes to run at a reasonable pace for an extended period of time.

CC and Bartolo obviously have a certain level of stamina on the mound, but I bet most of us could beat them in the 400m.

And the other 7 positions didnt require any stamina at all. Short bursts of speed and agility, yes, but not stamina.

not surprising honestly

Baseball requires extreme skill

Soccer requires none

which do you think millenials favor?

and no dumbasses dont show me a video of 6 random guys landing a bicycle kick, I too have a video where I scored like that and I too played high level soccer/pro into my mid 20's

Yup...

Different type of stamina I guess.

Im really referring to the level of conditioning it takes to run at a reasonable pace for an extended period of time.

CC and Bartolo obviously have a certain level of stamina on the mound, but I bet most of us could beat them in the 400m.

And the other 7 positions didnt require any stamina at all. Short bursts of speed and agility, yes, but not stamina.

I think we are confusing what stamina is, you are talking short term stamina, I am talking long term

lets think of it like this, at the end of a 5 day work week, I am drained, after the first day or 2 I am ok. that is Stamina, except these guys dont have a day off for 6 months

baseball takes extreme skill? maybe from college and on, sure.

what kid can't swing a bat and hit a ball :wacko:

stop the insanity

stop the insanity

is it easier for a 6 year old to hit a moving baseball, catch a fly ball, catch a ground ball, throw it accurately, or kick a ball

:doh:

is it easier for a 6 year old to hit a moving baseball, catch a fly ball, catch a ground ball, throw it accurately, or kick a ball

extreme skill :lol:

They take the same amount of skill.

you think it's easy to run and kick a soccer ball (the right way) and or dribble?

kids at 6 years old often hit the ball with both feet. it takes skill. like any sport does

clueless.

Kick a ball for sure...

extreme skill :lol:

They take the same amount of skill.

you think it's easy to run and kick a soccer ball (the right way) and or dribble?

kids at 6 years old often hit the ball with both feet. it takes skill. like any sport does

clueless.

no one takes multiple skills, the other takes 1, thats why its always best to start kids in soccer, its the easiest to learn, the least required skill, and develops a good foot/eye coordination that carries over and helps other sports

as you move up it requires more and more skill, but I doubt you played any sport past 10

no one takes multiple skills, the other takes 1, thats why its always best to start kids in soccer, its the easiest to learn, the least required skill, and develops a good foot/eye coordination that carries over and helps other sports

clueless.

I think we are confusing what stamina is, you are talking short term stamina, I am talking long term

lets think of it like this, at the end of a 5 day work week, I am drained, after the first day or 2 I am ok. that is Stamina, except these guys dont have a day off for 6 months

The stamina it takes to play DB against the Pats passing attack when they run you all over the field for 4 quarters means you have to be in top physical condition. Thats what I mean by stamina.

Thats different than the stamina it takes for a NASCAR driver to hold his sh!t together for eleventy-eleven laps around the track. And still yet, different from a MLB grinding it out for a whole season.

Like I said before. Different type of stamina.

ok sho,

that the best you got?

sad

stop the insanity

You cant seriously believe this.

Even some of the most athletic kids cant consistently hit the ball out of the machine when its coming right down the middle at 42 mph.

Many of those kids play for a year, then give up.

You cant seriously believe this.

Even some of the most athletic kids cant consistently hit the ball out of the machine when its coming right down the middle at 42 mph.

Many of those kids play for a year, then give up.

Give Lebron a bat and put him in a cage at 75mph and watch the insanity lol

Give Lebron a bat and put him in a cage at 75mph and watch the insanity lol

kick a ball at lebron and watch him try to kick it back to you.

and why 75 mph? kids cant even throw it 50

hth

kick a ball at lebron and watch him try to kick it back to you.

and why 75 mph? kids cant even throw it 50

hth

cause its an adult, everyone knows soccer is the easiest sport

we watched one of the greatest athletes, who has an insane work ethic suck big time at baseball, I guarantee you give Jordan a year and half playing goalie and he would be an adequate MLS goalie with his athleticism

he might not be able to kick it as far as some of the goalies, but I bet his reflexes would be on par

I still think people will go by "content" rather than "how long the event is" to choose what they watch.

Also, as more and more minorities land here and grow up here, we will see an increase in soccer fans. Twist it politically if you want, but its true. Also, more soccer fans = more democratic voters. Look it up.

Another reason to build the wall.

50 is about avg for a 10 yr old pitcher

there are kids throwing 60-65 in 12U rec league baseball up here

https://www.pitchingtips.com/velocity-chart.html

It doesn't take extreme skill for a 10 year old to hit a pitch.

Its hard to be the best at anything. What the fock are you all arguing about?

I don't even know why I climbed into this rabbit hole. I barely even like to watch soccer.

It doesn't take extreme skill for a 10 year old to hit a pitch.

No, but it does take SOME skill.

I've watched more than my share of 10 yr old kids try and fail.

No, but it does take SOME skill.

it also takes SOME skill to kick to play soccer.

That is all I was saying. Not saying more skill, just some.

Once you reach some HS and after levels, baseball IS more difficult to play, but not master

without my wasting my time. How many of them are 10 year olds?

This speaks to your comment about HS and beyond.

Hitting a baseball is generally regarded as one of, if not THE hardest thing to do in sports.