Sign in to follow this  
iam90sbaby

Trump pardons Oregon ranchers whose arrests led to armed occupation of wildlife refuge

President Trump on Tuesday pardoned the father and son from Oregon whose imprisonment for setting fires on federal land sparked a 41-day long takeover of a wildlife refuge in the state.

Trump signed the order granting clemency to 76-year-old Dwight Hammond and his son, Steven Hammond, 49, who were convicted of arson in 2012 for fires that burned on federal land in 2001 and 2006.

Though they served their original sentences for the conviction -- Dwight serving three months, Steven serving one year -- an appellate judge ruled in 2015 that the terms were too short under federal minimum sentencing laws and the Hammonds were resentenced to serve the mandatory minimum.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/10/trump-pardons-ranchers-whose-arrests-led-to-armed-occupation-wildlife-refuge.html

Trump supports terrorists and cozies up to dictators.

Justice is back in style. Took an eight year hiatus.

Our bored lefties aren't happy unless Trump pardon a trans leaker or exchanges terrorists for a deserter. Then they are happy.

• Like 1

Our bored lefties aren't happy unless Trump pardon a trans leaker or exchanges terrorists for a deserter. Then they are happy.

What is good about this one?

Thank you President Trump! #MAGA!

Yea I dont support resenticing after they served their time. This goes for anyone no matter what they did. To me, this makes sense

Yea I dont support resenticing after they served their time. This goes for anyone no matter what they did. To me, this makes sense

How about trials for "arson" 11 years and 6 years after the crime? This was a politically motivated action by the Feds.

As someone who spent a ton of time hunting and fishing on western blm land as a kid I obviously have a different perspective than many people in this thread. Their first sentence was way too short, they need to serve more time.

Their actions need to be strongly discouraged.

I have strong feelings about public land and our rights to it as hunters and fishers.

How about trials for "arson" 11 years and 6 years after the crime? This was a politically motivated action by the Feds.

Well I could see that happening. Still focked up they decided to prosecute them that much later than the incident. I agree the sentencing for it them was too short but that was what it was and should have stayed so

As someone who spent a ton of time hunting and fishing on western blm land as a kid I obviously have a different perspective than many people in this thread. Their first sentence was way too short, they need to serve more time.

Their actions need to be strongly discouraged.

I have strong feelings about public land and our rights to it as hunters and fishers.

Blame the judge in the original sentencing. They did the time they were originally sentenced. It's kind of like double jeopardy.

Blame the judge in the original sentencing. They did the time they were originally sentenced. It's kind of like double jeopardy.

Honestly I thought it was

Honestly I thought it was

Weren't they originally sentenced on a State level and then re-sentenced on a Federal level?

I guess technically since it was different agencies making the arrest it wasn't double jeopardy but any logical person knows its the same thing. :dunno:

Weren't they originally sentenced on a State level and then re-sentenced on a Federal level?

I guess technically since it was different agencies making the arrest it wasn't double jeopardy but any logical person knows its the same thing. :dunno:

Honestly I dont know. I didnt follow this hardly at all. Maybe someone here knows more about it

Obama pardons a bunch of thugs, Trump pardons people who actually deserve it.

this

They already did the time for their crimes and were re-sentenced, that is just one part of the story, you don't see that being an issue in America?

I value all American lives except yours. You are just a piece of sh!t. :)

Time to log into your Vince44 account, you need a hype man.

We can talk about how bad mandatory minimums are...thats valid. But they were resemtemced only to actually serve their minimum sentences for their crimes.

And what does valuing lives have to do with this? They didnt lose their lives...they were ordered to serve the minimum standard sentence for their crimes.

There is nothing law and order about this...but yeah...Im the POS.

You all support this solely because Trump...but everyone else is the bad guy. Pathetic as always.

We can talk about how bad mandatory minimums are...thats valid. But they were resemtemced only to actually serve their minimum sentences for their crimes.

And what does valuing lives have to do with this? They didnt lose their lives...they were ordered to serve the minimum standard sentence for their crimes.

You all support this solely because Trump...but everyone else is the bad guy. Pathetic as always.

I dont know the law well enough or what all authority a judge has in these cases. Cant the judge assign what he wants the punishment to be regardless of the minimum?

I dont know the law well enough or what all authority a judge has in these cases. Cant the judge assign what he wants the punishment to be regardless of the minimum?

Not sure the whole procedure but the point of mandatory minimums is to take the judicial discretion out of it for certain crimes.

Is this the one where the FBI murdered that dude in cold blood?

There's a Seth Rich thread already.

I think that he thinks you are a piece of sh!t because you support people and policies that will turn our country into a sh!thole.

I think that he thinks you are a piece of sh!t because you support people and policies that will turn our country into a sh!thole.

Agree

No...I dont support Trump.

Is this the one where the FBI murdered that dude in cold blood?

No

No. But it is the case your thinking of. It's no because it was suicide by cop.

The guy was known to be armed and had at first surrendered peacefully. Then, as he was standing there with his arms in the air and having cops training their guns on him, that he changed his mind about getting arrested, and so went for his gun. It was at that point he was shot by the FBI, clearly, in self defense.

• Like 1

The guy was known to be armed and had at first surrendered peacefully. Then, as he was standing there with his arms in the air and having cops training their guns on him, that he changed his mind about getting arrested, and so went for his gun. It was at that point he was shot by the FBI, clearly, in self defense.

Clearly, because the FBI never shoots anyone who wasn't going for a gun. :dunno:

Clearly, because the FBI never shoots anyone who wasn't going for a gun. :dunno:

No. Although stories like that are mostly overblown BS as well, that's for another thread..

'Clearly' because there's recorded footage for anyone to look at showing the guy standing safely with his hands in the air and not being shot....

...until he changed his mind and reaches his arm for his jacket pocket at which point he was put down. (and also firearm was found to be in that same pocket he wa reaching for).

The other occupants of the van weren't complying with the FBI either despite many clear orders but they all got taken into custody anyway because they never pulled any firearms. Only Finicum who deserved it.

Suicide by cop. They would have taken him, they were giving him the chance to surrender but in the end, shot him in self defense. See for yourself.

• Like 1

Don't know enough about the loons up in Oregon to give an opinion one way or another. I do know that part of the country is full of wingnuts. All that area up there, rural Oregon, Washington, Idaho, buncha crazies. Ruby

Ridge and all. Timothy McVeigh spent time up there with them as well I believe. They are just as scary as any Muslim extremist. Probably more so since they already chillin here in the states and could pop off at a moments notice.

Recently watched the OKC bombing, Ruby Ridge, and Waco documentaries on Netflix. All 3 are really good if you haven't seen them btw. Anyway I feel bad for the kids tied up in these situations. Sickens me to see innocent children die because their parents are retarded. But no doubt world would be a better place if all these wingnuts died tho.

No. But it is the case your thinking of. It's no because it was suicide by cop.

It was the Bundy jackholes that took I bet the reserve after the retrial of these guys, correct?

It was the Bundy jackholes that took I bet the reserve after the retrial of these guys, correct?

I don't think so, I don't recall the wilderness preserve being re-occupied after all of them left.

No. Although stories like that are mostly overblown BS as well, that's for another thread..

'Clearly' because there's recorded footage for anyone to look at showing the guy standing safely with his hands in the air and not being shot....

...until he changed his mind and reaches his arm for his jacket pocket at which point he was put down. (and also firearm was found to be in that same pocket he wa reaching for).

The other occupants of the van weren't complying with the FBI either despite many clear orders but they all got taken into custody anyway because they never pulled any firearms. Only Finicum who deserved it.

Suicide by cop. They would have taken him, they were giving him the chance to surrender but in the end, shot him in self defense. See for yourself.

"we're camping out here"...what an ahole.

Don't know enough about the loons up in Oregon to give an opinion one way or another. I do know that part of the country is full of wingnuts. All that area up there, rural Oregon, Washington, Idaho, buncha crazies. Ruby

Ridge and all. Timothy McVeigh spent time up there with them as well I believe. They are just as scary as any Muslim extremist. Probably more so since they already chillin here in the states and could pop off at a moments notice.

Recently watched the OKC bombing, Ruby Ridge, and Waco documentaries on Netflix. All 3 are really good if you haven't seen them btw. Anyway I feel bad for the kids tied up in these situations. Sickens me to see innocent children die because their parents are retarded. But no doubt world would be a better place if all these wingnuts died tho.

Lumping Ruby Ridge in with Tim McVeigh just shows how retarded you are. Go back to your Nazi board.

So he was killed by an Oregon State trooper. That shot was very similar to most of the black lives matter idiots who have been killed by cops. Disobey the cops, make a sketchy move, pay the price.

Also, an FBI agent fired 2 shots into the roof of their truck before he got out. Lied about it, picked up the shells and tried to cover it up, was indicted a year later.

A passenger in the truck was struck by one of those shots, either shrapnel or piece of the truck itself. The metal is still lodged in his body.

I wonder if the people calling these ranchers terrorists would say the same thing about black lives matter. BLM has burned their own fair share of public and private land. BLM has occupied public lands. BLM has created dangerous situations that led to innocent people being harmed or losing their lives.

Nice of Trump to pardon the 2 ranchers who were in prison. Not much different than Obama pardoning drug dealers I suppose. Everyone looks out for their own kind.

So he was killed by an Oregon State trooper. That shot was very similar to most of the black lives matter idiots who have been killed by cops. Disobey the cops, make a sketchy move, pay the price.

Also, an FBI agent fired 2 shots into the roof of their truck before he got out. Lied about it, picked up the shells and tried to cover it up, was indicted a year later.

A passenger in the truck was struck by one of those shots, either shrapnel or piece of the truck itself. The metal is still lodged in his body.

I wonder if the people calling these ranchers terrorists would say the same thing about black lives matter. BLM has burned their own fair share of public and private land. BLM has occupied public lands. BLM has created dangerous situations that led to innocent people being harmed or losing their lives.

Nice of Trump to pardon the 2 ranchers who were in prison. Not much different than Obama pardoning drug dealers I suppose. Everyone looks out for their own kind.

At least you admit you agree since they were white...congrats

Trumpers defending these dirt bags, lol.

you defended Hillary for willfully enabling an ambassador to get ass raped and ripped to shreds by savage muslim animals.

You're the lowest of the low.