Sign in to follow this  
n_omarley

so, did J.Howard just lose his job?

Langford will get his job back.

Grab Langford off of waivers if he's out there.

Thank me later.

Yeah with matt barkley at qb? Go ahead....have at it.

Yeah with matt barkley at qb? Go ahead....have at it.

lol

Well at least you know they should run the ball a lot.

Unreal.

I didn't see anything about Carey getting the majority of the load.

Langford will get his job back.

Grab Langford off of waivers if he's out there.

Thank me later.

Carey is the guy to grab. They wanted to run him last year too. I had Langford last year, and they kept giving Carey a lot of chances. Looks like this year he's doing something with them. Hasn't been healthy till now. Now that he is...hes the guy to get.

Looks like a much of garbage to me.

Carey is not the guy. They may split but he isn't the main option. Langford sucks cack too. This whole situation isn't very good for ffball.

i've been chasing the bears starting RB spot since last year. this is a dynasty (if it was a redraft it would be easy to say forget it for this year). i had langford late last year, which seemed great going into this season (i had ANOTHER starter, i thought) but i was able to get howard (appeared great at the time - now i had the starter, only better - so it seemed).

so, what now? langford? howard? carey? forget it, next year's starter is not among this bunch?

Carey is not the guy. They may split but he isn't the main option. Langford sucks cack too. This whole situation isn't very good for ffball.

I don't think Langford was ever given a fair shot this season. They played Houston and Philly in his first 2 games which looked great against the run.

As a rookie last season, he had some pretty good games when given enough touches.

Don't forget he beat out Carey as the starter in preseason. This situation reminded me of CJ Anderson last season. Folks says he suck but by mid season he was ball'n and got hot in the playoffs to help the Broncos win it all.

so - are you thinking langford is given a shot again here soon? although, honestly, i'm not sure it will be able to be predicted. fox has tended towards committees in the past

I don't think Langford was ever given a fair shot this season. They played Houston and Philly in his first 2 games which looked great against the run.

As a rookie last season, he had some pretty good games when given enough touches.

Don't forget he beat out Carey as the starter in preseason. This situation reminded me of CJ Anderson last season. Folks says he suck but by mid season he was ball'n and got hot in the playoffs to help the Broncos win it all.

Carey has been more effective with his touches. Don't see Howard becoming the lead guy again, and his past success seems to have more to do with being the only back available in a good match up. With Langford coming back, it'll only muddy things up even more.

Probably looking at a full blown committee with Howard seeing the least amount of work. Or maybe some sort of hot hand situation. Whatever the case, as a Howard owner, I'm not very excited about his situation.

Not that it matters much....the Bears run schedule the next month is brutal. They do get SF, DET, and WAS in weeks 13,14,16. Maybe look at him as a stash for that stretch of games but I don't think I'd rely on him.

• Like 1

Carey is not the guy.

Here are Carey's last two seasons at Arizona:

2012: 303 carries, 1929 yds, (6.4 avg) 23 TDs, 36 catches, 303 yds, 1 TD.

2013: 349 carries, 1885 yds, (5.4 avg) 19 TDs, 26 catches, 173 yds, 1 TD.

School records in there, and a 366 yd game in there. Not terribly fast (4.69 40), but unquestionably productive. Better stats there than Howard. And Langford. And at the end of last year, they were mixing Carey in pretty well. When Forte wasn't playing, and when he was but wasn't on the field, it was definitely not just the Langford show.

It's not a great situation suddenly, but Carey is the guy to own of the three if you're looking for the best bet to become 'the guy'.

great information. just seems a bit curious as to why everyone else keeps getting a shot to be the man before carey. do they think he can't handle a bell cow load for some reason?

Here are Carey's last two seasons at Arizona:

2012: 303 carries, 1929 yds, (6.4 avg) 23 TDs, 36 catches, 303 yds, 1 TD.

2013: 349 carries, 1885 yds, (5.4 avg) 19 TDs, 26 catches, 173 yds, 1 TD.

School records in there, and a 366 yd game in there. Not terribly fast (4.69 40), but unquestionably productive. Better stats there than Howard. And Langford. And at the end of last year, they were mixing Carey in pretty well. When Forte wasn't playing, and when he was but wasn't on the field, it was definitely not just the Langford show.

It's not a great situation suddenly, but Carey is the guy to own of the three if you're looking for the best bet to become 'the guy'.

Started BOTH Jeffery and Howard. Not happy with the start to my week. A very impressive 5.5 points. :nono:

Starting Ware but also have Charles. Couldn't bring myself to starting two guys on the same team. :doh: Also had Gio as an option. Pretty much a fail. :thumbsdown:

That's a very good question.

If Carey is and was that good , than I wonder why Howard and Carey was the next man up.

Wow what a disaster from a ff stand point the Bears have become.

That's a very good question.

If Carey is and was that good , than I wonder why Howard and Carey was the next man up.

Wow what a disaster from a ff stand point the Bears have become.

Right? As short as 24 hours ago, I was still bemoaning the fact that, as hard as I've been playing the wire, I got beat out on both Howard and Meredith. I was literally one minute off of picking up Howard the week before Langford got hurt, and I almost, almost, pried him away from his owner before that game. I've been moping ever since. Here's to Howard not being the guy anymore.

And, as always, here's to the one thing uniting all Packers, Lions, and Vikings fans...the Bears Still Suck. :)

Yea I recall you typing about that.

And myself also I tried but he wa taken.

So I took Booker instead.

Started BOTH Jeffery and Howard. Not happy with the start to my week. A very impressive 5.5 points. :nono:

Starting Ware but also have Charles. Couldn't bring myself to starting two guys on the same team. :doh: Also had Gio as an option. Pretty much a fail. :thumbsdown:

Charles may be out so Ware is the dude in KC

Just like Barksdale missed his shot at Marlo when he walked out of the rim shop on The Wire, so did you when you didn't sell high on Howard. (2:53 mark)

I was so happy picking up Howard and Meredith. The value on both just focking plummeted. What a rough year. :wall:

Haha me too, and I started both of them Thursday in a must win situation. 😂😂😂😂

To me all the games are must win.

I don't like losing , not one.

But I'm getting used to the ideal.

To me all the games are must win.

I don't like losing , not one.

But I'm getting used to the ideal.

Haha; I mean I'm on the brink where i am mathematically out of the playoffs. Always crappy in a big money league.

Ps- thanks for all the advice; i wish my guys performed well enough to make it translate into wins lol.

So here's my question. Langford.

This entire season I've been in need of RBs. It may look, possibly, like I'm doing better for the immediate future. I managed to grab Quizz and Gilly and TyMont (my league slept hard this week I think).

But I also just saw that Langford's owner dropped him for roster needs, rather than placing him in our league IR. I'm loath to use my middle of the pack waiver position this week, as no one on our waivers really rose to the top so far this week. But I think people aren't thinking about Langford.

With the way this week shaped up for Howard, what is anyone thinking about Langford when he's healthy? I know he wasn't great, but would he be worth dropping, say, Chris Hogan for?

Edit: Ka'Deem Carey is also available, but I'm asking opinions on Langford, as I haven't been thinking about him much--assumed he was out of the picture completely. But that's before Howard's last game.

I'm sticking with Howard..especially with Cutler back