Sign in to follow this  
yupper

Where would you draft Foster?

My league holds an 18 round draft. (10 team, .5ppr) We keep a deep bench. If you're going to target A. Foster later in the draft, where would you take him?

My league holds an 18 round draft. (10 team, .5ppr) We keep a deep bench. If you're going to target A. Foster later in the draft, where would you take him?

Really I would not touch him .. I don't think he sees the field this season IMO.

• Like 1

I'd imagine someone will reach for him in the 6th-8th rounds in a ten teamer. If you get him you'll have to draft his cuff(s) Blue - maybe Polk or Grimes. 3 slots for one backfield, but you've got deep benches...

This is a tough one. I drafted and held Gordon all of last season and even in a deep bench league his spot cost me the ability to claim waiver wire players that could help right away. It is in theory a major value if he can come back Week 10 and all of a sudden you have what could be a premier back in a flex or RB2 spot heading into the home stretch. You would hope that Foster has fresh legs. On the flip side he might be eased back into play weeks 10 and 11 giving you a limited amount of chances where you can confidently start him. I would be ok drafting him if he falls to me in the 7th and then pick up Polk later because I believe he is a better back to own than Blue.

I pushed him down into to No.33 in my latest rankings update.. in the Knile Davis, Tre Mason, Ryan Mathews area. Somewhere in Rounds 8-10(12-team league) feels about right to me... RB4 range.

Really I would not touch him .. I don't think he sees the field this season IMO.

I wouldn't touch him either, and I think he does return. He's kind of good every other year. This is his injury year.

I keep seeing on Reddit and other places that the consensus place to take Foster now is the 6th-7th round. ARE YOU FOCKING CRAZY PEOPLE! If I find out one of my fellow fftodayers takes Foster anywhere remotely near rnd 6 I will personally find you and punch you in the throat. 6th round there are still starters and guys who will, oh i donno, PLAY FOOTBALL this year! Guys please, its not like he will just pop back into the lineup week 10 and be the mvp Arian that you are imagining. His groin came off the bone people...That aint gonna feel good even when hes "healthy". Maybe they ease him in with a series then let him rest. Great start guy, enjoy your goose egg you waited all year for. Look, if you want to spend a late pick, go ahead. Im leaving him off my list entirely but thats just my opinion, I do things like that. But youv been warned...I will find you...and I will punch you if you spend a mid rounder on him.

Eff it, im not done, im editing dammit. When its week 4-10 and your going to war in the bye weeks, your cushy little draft day team will start to look different. When your rb1 is on bye and your rb2 is nursing a sore clitoris, you need guys to step up and play. You need to be able to plug in 10-15 carry guys on a moments notice. If your RB4 is sitting at home with a sore groin, thats not helping.

• Like 2

Hes this years Gordon, that should answer your question.

This ^

Gordon had a hand in ruining me last year. I'll leave Foster for someone else.

- love me sum Foster, most complete back of this era ... dude is a points machine :thumbsup:

but, the run is over.

can't see him making any discernible impact this year, so ... DO NOT BE 'THAT GUY' WHO BLOWS A VALUABLE PICK ON HIM :nono:

i wouldn't be surprised if he never plays another down ... he's akin to Ricky Williams, inasmuch that he's a cat that moves to his own muse, and if his heart and body aren't into it, then he will walk ... and hang 'em up with zero regret :dunno:

HTH -

I don't know with this info he could be a later round lottery pick. If it's only a month?? Everyone was still drafting LeVeon Bell in the first when he was missing 3 games.

Grabbing Foster in the 6th sneaky move?

Just read on Roto he might be back in weeks now , if that's true he will get a late round pick from me .

Just read on Roto he might be back in weeks now , if that's true he will get a late round pick from me .

reading the same, optimistic for a *possible* week 4 return ...

so, he goes from Josh Gordon '14 to Percy Harvin '13 in my book.

still not worth the agita ... as I said upstream, love this dude's game, but even with this rosier news, I'll pass.

I'd see how your draft plays out. If you arent totally happy with your top 2 RB's, I'd draft him right after grabbing my RB3.

He will probably have 1 or 2 unproductive weeks when he first comes back, but will likely be solid after that. hopefully this is just in time for the playoffs.

if you draft him as your RB4 and get 2 or 3 starts out of him you've gotten reasonable value for him.

I'd see how your draft plays out. If you arent totally happy with your top 2 RB's, I'd draft him right after grabbing my RB3.

He will probably have 1 or 2 unproductive weeks when he first comes back, but will likely be solid after that. hopefully this is just in time for the playoffs.

if you draft him as your RB4 and get 2 or 3 starts out of him you've gotten reasonable value for him.

if these reports of week 4 return continue up 'til opening day, there is NO way in hell he's being drafted so low as to be anyone's rb4 ... lest they went rb in first 3 rds

the price of poker just went up, kids ... and I still say 'fold'

if these reports of week 4 return continue up 'til opening day, there is NO way in hell he's being drafted so low as to be anyone's rb4 ... lest they went rb in first 3 rds

the price of poker just went up, kids ... and I still say 'fold'

I'd say the chances of a week 4 return are slim. Given the nature of the injury the earliest I can see a return is week 6. and that's if everything goes well on all fronts. More likely week 8 - 10. I'd also Expect a graduated return to work unless houston is still in the playoff hunt (unlikely) so no 20+ carry days until close to the end of the season.

Hes this years Gordon, that should answer your question.

Do what? Two totally different situations.

You knew Gordon was going to miss 10 games and as of right now we dont know how many Foster will miss. And Foster has always produced when he has played. Sure he is big injury risk but getting a RB1 in middle of season is worth the wait if you ask me. Gordon was and is a train wreck and had no one to get him the ball even if he did run the right route or wasnt on sideline cause out of shape.

Does anyone know a reliable aource that says approx when he will be back?

Theres nothing yet and I wouldnt trust any report that does come out anyway. Why the fock would a coach tip their hat to their opponents? Plus injuries and the body can be fickle, its not an exact science. I will def wait til I hear something to make a final judgement tho.

I will draft him in the 6th round to make sure he is on my roster. When he comes back my RB2 spot will be one of the strongest in the league.

Too bad you'll be 3-7 at that point.

Too bad you'll be 3-7 at that point.

Yea the bye weeks are rough when you dont have at least 4 startable rbs to plug in any given week.

Even when he returns to action, he'll break your heart with another injury. hth

Data point: in a draft I had yesterday, Foster went as RB34. Round isn't really applicable, as this was a keeper league, but he went just after Vereen, Crowell, and Gio, and before Devonta Freeman and Ryan Mathews. Seemed like a pretty reasonable spot, as many owners let out the telltale "ohhhh" or "ugggh" right after the pick. He was taken as that team's third back. Once you're getting into backups and the lower-tier committee guys, gambling on half a season of elite production is reasonable.

• Like 2

Data point: in a draft I had yesterday, Foster went as RB34. Round isn't really applicable, as this was a keeper league, but he went just after Vereen, Crowell, and Gio, and before Devonta Freeman and Ryan Mathews. Seemed like a pretty reasonable spot, as many owners let out the telltale "ohhhh" or "ugggh" right after the pick. He was taken as that team's third back. Once you're getting into backups and the lower-tier committee guys, gambling on half a season of elite production is reasonable.

Of that group I would take most over Foster. Gio and Matthews absolutely. I rosetted Gordon all year last season thinking I landed a bargain. Really it just limited my bench and never really paid off in the end. I expect Foster will be worked in slowly for a few weeks even after he returns so you're looking at 8-10 weeks before he pays off. He's also managed a massive workload over the last few years so who knows what you're getting when Foster returns?

To me personally having gone through the stress of dealing with this type situation a few times in the past I will take a 3rd RB who I know will contribute all day over a guy who may just handcuff my roster for a season.

Foster is IMO maybe a 4th RB but that puts him in the 12 round range in deep leagues for me and I am sure somebody else will draft him much earlier than I would he willing to roll the dice.