Sign in to follow this  
nasdax33

Dark Horse TE?

What TE do you think is flying under the radar that will blow up...I think Vernon Davis, or Richard Rodgers...what say you?

Are you ready for it, ready for it?

I like Vernon as a bounce back candidate. Not so sure on Rodgers although he may outplay his ADP a bit.

If we are going really deep then Eifert and Ebron are two young TEs I would gamble on. Ben Watson / Josh Hill in NO are worth a watch. Not sure I would draft him but Virgil Green is somebody I would watch in case Owen Daniels can't contribute much as a receiver.

One strategy I love is taking a flyer on a young Te like the above late and also rostering Gates as insurance. I'd say you're pretty much assured of league average production with a shot at doing very well if you have a breakout player or Gates has another year left as a TD machine.

The past two years the answer to this question pre-season was Ladarius Green.

And it never panned out as Gates held on....therefore Green is somewhat of an afterthought in 2015. He's way down on the TE list and not even being drafted at all in some drafts.

I think we all know what that means. This will be the year Gates (who is suspended for a few games already) finally kicks the bucket and Green takes over. Just when the fantasy football community wrote it off. Doesn't it always seem to work that way?

We were all just a tad bit to early.

Just a warning to all...If I so much as see tyhe name "Ertz" anywhere in this thread I will have a live freakout at my desk and throw stuff. Make it like the regular season, where you will almost never hear the name Ertz because he doesnt even start for his own team, Celek is the TE there. I swaer toy you guys...just one mention of Ertz and its on.

^ dunno why a surefire top 5 kid like Ertz would be in 'dark horse' thread, ya know? so, no worries, he won't be mentioned -

HTH -

^ dunno why a surefire top 5 kid like Ertz would be in 'dark horse' thread, ya know? so, no worries, he won't be mentioned -

HTH -

K good thanks...whew, was worried there for a sec.

Wait....NOOOOO!!!!! :mad: :wall: :headbanger:

My Eagles fan take:

Ertz has far more downfield receiving talent than Brent Celek but he plays on a run-first team and he has not been a good enough blocker to get on the field much. Reports are that he looked great in camp and has worked on his blocking but now he's a little dinged up I think.

I won't be stunned if Ertz finally puts it all together and ends up with 900 / 6-7. Maybe the QB change does him some good? But I expect he's going to get drafted in the same range of guys I like more like Walker and Bennett, at least in my Philly league.

I like the idea of going late for a TE.

I think Owen Daniels will be a steal You get Mannings TE. Manning is not going to develop anyone, he wants the vet that produces now, and that is OD. Owen will get the fpg's that JT produced up until he breaks.

Josh Hill looks good too. Another possible replacement type, get 3/4 of Jimmy at a discount price. Good match with OD as Josh will get better as time goes on, getting excellent fpg's right about when OD breaks down. Good combo.

And the last one I think is undervalued is Walker. No one else there and a rook QB who should be dumping off with some regularity.

• Like 1

I like the idea of going late for a TE.

I think Owen Daniels will be a steal You get Mannings TE. Manning is not going to develop anyone, he wants the vet that produces now, and that is OD. Owen will get the fpg's that JT produced up until he breaks.

Josh Hill looks good too. Another possible replacement type, get 3/4 of Jimmy at a discount price. Good match with OD as Josh will get better as time goes on, getting excellent fpg's right about when OD breaks down. Good combo.

And the last one I think is undervalued is Walker. No one else there and a rook QB who should be dumping off with some regularity.

Not even close, nor is he even the starter. Owens and Walker I like.

Its NOT Ladarius...shhh!

You'd think that having AP back and having a fairly mobile QB would increase opportunities for Kyle Rudolph to get open in the red zone. What I don't know is whether his recent injuries have permanently sapped him of some of his ability to cut and separate and get open.

Tammie with the Falcons , not expecting much but could fine the end zone .

I've struck gold the last two seasons taking Kelce and Julius Thomas with the final picks in my 12 team leagues. This year I'm hoping to make it 3 for 3 and will be taking Eric Ebron with the last pick. The guy is going undrafted but I think he might blow up this season. He was a former top 10 pick who came out of UNC making circus catches and had all the physical ability to be the next great athletic TE. Last season he was still a bit raw and clueless and just when he started to flash a bit he got hurt. This year everyone in the Lions organization has been talking him up, including Stafford. Can anyone even tell me who the #3 passing option will be outside of Megatron and Tate? I really think Ebron has a chance to break out this season and you can get him for nothing.

• Like 1

I've struck gold the last two seasons taking Kelce and Julius Thomas with the final picks in my 12 team leagues. This year I'm hoping to make it 3 for 3 and will be taking Eric Ebron with the last pick. The guy is going undrafted but I think he might blow up this season. He was a former top 10 pick who came out of UNC making circus catches and had all the physical ability to be the next great athletic TE. Last season he was still a bit raw and clueless and just when he started to flash a bit he got hurt. This year everyone in the Lions organization has been talking him up, including Stafford. Can anyone even tell me who the #3 passing option will be outside of Megatron and Tate? I really think Ebron has a chance to break out this season and you can get him for nothing.

Def not bad. an under the radar guy on a passing offense, cant go wrong taking a shot.

You basically echoed exactly what I think. Grabbed Ebron with my last pick as well. Also consider that the Lions want to keep Megaton as fresh as possible.

The past two years the answer to this question pre-season was Ladarius Green.

And it never panned out as Gates held on....therefore Green is somewhat of an afterthought in 2015. He's way down on the TE list and not even being drafted at all in some drafts.

I think we all know what that means. This will be the year Gates (who is suspended for a few games already) finally kicks the bucket and Green takes over. Just when the fantasy football community wrote it off. Doesn't it always seem to work that way?

We were all just a tad bit to early.

I posted something similar about Jared Cook in another TE thread. He's been mention in threads like this in years past but not a peep this year.

I'll take a last pick flier on him in couple of leagues.

What better dark horse than the Unicorn?

His ADP seems low considering his upside and the lack of healthy wide receivers around him.

Aside from him though, if you're looking for late round fliers, I'd say Tamme, Virgil, Clay, Chandler, Donnell, and VD all could be top 10 at the end of the year. Problem is...all of them could also be meddling ww trash too

I think Vernon Davis could be a pleasant surprise this year. Definitely a bounce back candidate. All-world athlete. Supposedly Kap worked hard in the offseason. I'm guessing they'll be playing from behind more. Not many options (proven ones) at WR. Their DEF is average now, maybe even below average. Might even be a contract year for VD-- not sure. Either way, I'd hope he has a chip on his shoulder based on last year's terrrible season. He could end up top 7. Top 5 is bold, but it could happen if Kap locks onto him.

Seems to me Vernon Davis great off season workout talk has been a yearly thing. I like the Owen Daniels and josh Hill. Everyone has wrote off Ladarius Green in his contract year. Combine that with an ageing Gates who got busted for PEDS you could maybe draft both. If the hype train would of left the station I would of avoided it, but Rivers will need his TE to be relevant and you can probably get 2 of these TEs I mentioned after the 10th round.

I agree on the Owen Danieks comment above, seems like a natural connection for Manning especially if Latimer isn't ready. Plus Kubiak loves the TE game using 2 TEs.

Jordan Cameron in Miami might be nice with Tanny throwing the ball around instead of some noodle arm in Cleveland.

It's official... Filthy likes him, so you should draft someone else. He'll either suck balls or end up injured. :(

Oh... and I own him in 2 different leagues, so now he's doubly cursed. :D

• Like 2

A. S. J.

I meant that the Lions' TE situation is a mess. Ebron maybe until the red zone, then Fauria...now Wright?

It Ertz When I Pee

I meant that the Lions' TE situation is a mess. Ebron maybe until the red zone, then Fauria...now Wright?

- yeah, understood ... just saying that the Wright move clears the muck in Tampa, giving ASJ a ton of clout in regards to the gist of this thread -

I gambled on Eifert late and took a flyer on Jordan Reed. The Deadskins look putrid, particularly their offensive line, and Alf Morris ain't no pass catcher. I don't think Cousins :shocking: will have time to throw deep, so I figured Reed may be a high volume guy until he get Ertz (see what I did there?! That was for you AND your Chong Lee logo tanatasitc)

Does anyone have a lean either way on Charles Clay ? The latest ADP aggregations available elsewhere on this site are showing him as undrafted. He's still being nagged by a knee ailment but he did wake up in the latest preseason game with 2 rec for 69 yds and a TD. His QB situation has been said to be shaky but perhaps the dynamic Tyrod Taylor can nullify that concern.

Ben Watson seems to be in good position for the saints?

I currently have Vernon but that makes me want to puke.

Does anyone have a lean either way on Charles Clay ? The latest ADP aggregations available elsewhere on this site are showing him as undrafted. He's still being nagged by a knee ailment but he did wake up in the latest preseason game with 2 rec for 69 yds and a TD. His QB situation has been said to be shaky but perhaps the dynamic Tyrod Taylor can nullify that concern.

He has top-5 upside in a Greg Roman and Rex Ryan offense.

I'll side with the Richard Rodgers crowd. ARodg has already said that he might have the best hands on the team. There was a time pre-Cobb when the TE in the middle of the field was a weapon the GB offense used. That is a deep sleeper.

I lean against Clay. He will be way too inconsistent. He may have had a good preseason game but that was when the Bills were without Shady, Sammy, Harvin, and Woods.

- yeah, understood ... just saying that the Wright move clears the muck in Tampa, giving ASJ a ton of clout in regards to the gist of this thread -

Agree with you , I'm going to be moving him up my list .

I'm on the Owens Daniel bandwagon (as I've mentioned in another thread). Manning helps and if his arm is falling off then he won't be airing it out, but throwing mid-range passes to his around where his TE will be. Either way it's a positive. Plus as someone else mentioned, Daniels followed Kubiak to Denver. I'm sure that relationship can only help get Daniels a few more targets.