Sign in to follow this  
graphix28

Peyton vs Brees

Manning.

Had Brees last year. They run in the red zone. Infuriating.

Don't be worried about his arm. Everyone always says they are worried every year he plays. Yet I haven't seen that affect him throwing TDs in the redzone all those times he's done it. Plus he has a lot better receivers than Brees does. The pick here is Peyton

Manning

- don't think Peyton lasts 16.

pure gut/hunch call, of course.

BREEZE. go get 'em.

That's ok if he last at least 15 games I good . I don't play in a 16 game league .

That's ok if he last at least 15 games I good . I don't play in a 16 game league .

you never make the playoffs?

cool beans, daddio

If Brees worst season in recent memory is leading the league in passing and throwing 33tds with an injured Jimmy, sign me up. Ditto for Manning. Arm fell off and was a bum last 4 games and still 39tds and boatload of yardage. The dude pisses top 5QB seasons and this year will be no different.

If you don't get Rodgers or Luck, then wait on a QB. Brees and Manning both have questions around them. Brees lost a lot of weapons and they are moving to a run first offense. That said, he still has tons of talent. Manning should start off great, but by the end of the season, he will taper off again and you will be stuck with his noodle arm in the playoffs. With the depth at QB after the top 2, you can wait.

Unless you are in a 2 QB or 6 point passing TD league. Then I would go Brees.

I took Brees in the late 3rd of a 14-teamer, 5th QB off the board after Rodgers, Luck, Russell and Peyton.

It is all well and good to say wait on a QB but in 12+ team leagues getting a QB who is a mortal lock for 30+ TDs and 4,000+ receiving yards is huge. I will take that all day over Eli, Palmer or Kaepernick - all starters in the same league. I will also take that 3rd round value over Romo or Ryan in round 5 all day and twice in Sundays.

I have Peyton and Brees neck and neck but I will say this: Nobody ever lost a league by drafting these two in the 3/4 round. Don't overthink it, just go ahead and enjoy the incredible value from either one this year.

you never make the playoffs?

cool beans, daddio

Leagues are either 12 weeks or 13 weeks and the playoffs are weeks 13-15 . So don't need week 16 . Then he can retire

I took Brees in the late 3rd of a 14-teamer, 5th QB off the board after Rodgers, Luck, Russell and Peyton.

It is all well and good to say wait on a QB but in 12+ team leagues getting a QB who is a mortal lock for 30+ TDs and 4,000+ receiving yards is huge. I will take that all day over Eli, Palmer or Kaepernick - all starters in the same league. I will also take that 3rd round value over Romo or Ryan in round 5 all day and twice in Sundays.

I have Peyton and Brees neck and neck but I will say this: Nobody ever lost a league by drafting these two in the 3/4 round. Don't overthink it, just go ahead and enjoy the incredible value from either one this year.

Last season a few people lost games late in the season because Manning was not the same qb . But I think he was injured and I look for him to rebound . So again I would pick him over Bress . I have been saying it all season I don't think Bress will finish in the top five in qb points .

We play one QB, I took Brees over Big Ben and Wilson. Luck was selected 1st over all and Rodgers selected in the third. I know Ben had a huge year last year but for some reason I felt Ben was going to hit a wall this year and Manning seems pooped🐎🔫

Ben lost his center, Bryant out a few games. And bell is out a couple right?

That's correct .

Bree's was hurt last season. Grahm was his go to guy and it showed. Look left, throw to Jimmy. He's a new man according to him, and I see it already. He should have a bounce back regular year for his standards from everything I've heard so far. OLine is strong. Running game is there to open up the pass. Adding Spiller is a plus.schedule is sweet this year. A lot to feel good about for him.

In saying that, he's not top three anymore. He's top six. I'm a homer and I would not pick him as a top three. His deep ball has lost a step. His decision making is predictable. Defenses have figured his game out. He's still great, but not five years ago great.

Manning is different. He plays the game. Short to intermediate passing. He lost his TE. There are four new starters on OL. New coach who is calling plays and taking away Mannings options he's been accustomed to. And I think that will not help him. He won't be the field general he was used to being anymore. And they have a tougher schedule. And, in my view, he knows his window is closing. Which will cause him to press more. He's a HOF for sure. But he's a chocker. He wants one more shot so bad, that I believe will hurt him more than it helps. Regular season included. He's Favre now.

I wouldn't take either of them as my first QB in any round before the fifth. Let the other guy do that.

Who Dar

Bree's was hurt last season. Grahm was his go to guy and it showed. Look left, throw to Jimmy. He's a new man according to him, and I see it already. He should have a bounce back regular year for his standards from everything I've heard so far. OLine is strong. Running game is there to open up the pass. Adding Spiller is a plus.schedule is sweet this year. A lot to feel good about for him.

In saying that, he's not top three anymore. He's top six. I'm a homer and I would not pick him as a top three. His deep ball has lost a step. His decision making is predictable. Defenses have figured his game out. He's still great, but not five years ago great.

Manning is different. He plays the game. Short to intermediate passing. He lost his TE. There are four new starters on OL. New coach who is calling plays and taking away Mannings options he's been accustomed to. And I think that will not help him. He won't be the field general he was used to being anymore. And they have a tougher schedule. And, in my view, he knows his window is closing. Which will cause him to press more. He's a HOF for sure. But he's a chocker. He wants one more shot so bad, that I believe will hurt him more than it helps. Regular season included. He's Favre now.

I wouldn't take either of them as my first QB in any round before the fifth. Let the other guy do that.

Who Dar

Very good insight thank you.

I kind of like Bradford over both. What about arodge now?

• Like 1