Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

Main Draft report, 11th spot, rnd by rnd 12tm non ppr 6pnt pass td. *NOT* a rate my team.

Finally draft day, my xmas. 12tm 6pnt pass td. 50yd td bonus. 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, te, k, dst Drafted 11th. Again, this is not a rate my team, its a report on my main team and pick explanation.

1.11- Luck- For those interested, the 1st round went like this... AP, Lacy, Charles, Bell, Lynch, Forte, Dez, Calvin, Brown, CJ. Iv been involved in alot of QB debates on here recently and have been a heavy supporter of early QB in a strategy to bust proof the first round while accepting a loss of value. With 6pnt tds and long td bonus this was my only choice. Im DONE picking busts in rnd 1 and wanted to go safe and rely on my midseason management. I love the pick. You make it with a plan in mind and thats what I did.

2.2- AJ Green- the only top 7 wr left was ODB and iv been vocal that I dont love him this year. Also iv been vocal of my love for AJG and think he has a monster season. RBs I passed up were Hill and Demarco. I knew getting a top 7wr was a priority for me and this was my only chance.

3.11- Jordan Matthews- You all know im big on JMatt and I have my thread to show that I feel he is a big breakout. Gore, Hyde, Miller, Forsett, Gordon, Morris all taken ahead of me. Far and away the best wr on the board, I was elated to get him. cooks had been taken earlier too. Note that im now headed into rnd 4 with zero RBS, a dangerous state. All according to my plan tho.

4.2- Ameer Abdullah- I wrestled with this pick. Its a huge risk since hes barely even the starter on his own team yet was my RB1 now. I decided to swing for a home run. Ingram and Lat Murray were left on the board and heavily debated Murray. I drank the kool aid and now have to live with it.

5.11- Doug Martin- Ok i knw this will cause some grimaces. Im not even a big fan of his really. Ivory was just taken otherwise he would have been the pick. Olsen and Yeldon gone as well. I took him over Blount and Ellington whom I dislike. Kelce was on the board and debated this but this was maybe my last shot to get an RB to at least start. Not stoked about him at all but I could make it up later.

6. 2- Kelce- Value town? Im not big on Kelce, but I saw my chance to take a TE with upside and took it. People loved this pick more than me. Maybe you do too, let me know. I opted for him over Ellington and B Marshall since I had 2wrs I loved already and the others i like were deeper.

7.11- Tre Mason- Ok if you read this forum you know I am high on Mason and have a thread saying he will be the guy all year and Gurley will be eased in and start next year. All while Mason plays his heart own knowing this is his last shot to impress. I badly needed an RB and went with my gut. Ill live and die by my pick of Mason as a sleeper breakout RB.

8.2- Ryan Mathews- Ok as I looked at my team I went from anxious to really confident. My RBs have come together and have some seriosu potential here, and I was far from done picking them. I love Mathews as a potentially huge steal. An injury prone RB who had 450 touches last year is all thats in the way of possible RB1 stats? Ok.

9.11- John Brown- Another one of my main guys I absolutely love. I like Brown to completely take over as the main threat in AZ and get drafted high next year. We all the story on the kid and you either believe it or not. Loving my team more with every pick, even if it may be a mid-late bloomer.

10.2- Devonta Freeman- Not hyped about the pick but hey hes the guy right now right? At this point of the draft there are no real reaches. Whatever, maybe hes great right? Hes a warm body where I need them.

11.11- Ronnie Hillman- Holy hell I forgot to put him on my list and forgot about him til now and was juiced when I got him. Remember, he beat CJ out in camp last year and was the main man before getting hurt. Been hearing that news that hes the 1b to CJs 1a so far? Yea coachspeak, but there is too much upside to ignore. I could be sitting on a goldmine here.

12.2- Eddie Royal- Yet another of my main sleepers. Love him as depth. Yet another possible steal. Im the friggin hamburglar here.

13.11- Cam Artis-Payne- Upside lotto ticket behind a professionally injured annual semi dissapointment? Sign me up.

12.2- Ty Montgomery- Whatever. Lotto ticket wr with theleagues best QB. What if Cbb gets hurt again or Davante? Can you tell the future? I sure cant.

13 and 14- K and Dst irrelevant.

So heres how it looks. Go right ahead and say I have no RBs but its a long season. I have a sneaky good set of them that will hopefully get better over time.

Luck

AJ Green, JMatt, John Brown, Royal, Ty montgomery

Abdullah, Martin, Mason, Ryan Mathews, Freeman, Hillman, Artis-payne

Kelce

K and dst irrelevant

Can't believe Luck fell that far....congrats. However, I would have turned around and drafted back-to-back RB's (Hill, Forsett, Gore, L. Murray, etc.), unless an Odell.Dez/Julio were still hanging around. Lotta high upside Wr's out there this year in mid-late rounds. In fact, I believe Agholor could potentially end the season with similar stats to Matthews if everything pans out. Love Hillman at that price btw.

You know how it goes.....could very well be a championship team. Only time will tell. Always draft your gut! :cheers:

• Like 1

This is my line-up that you went to gr8 lengths dissecting and making fun of.

QB- Eli Manning-Matthew Stafford - your QB is obviously better

RB-Latavius Murray, Joseph Randle-RoyHelu-Matt Jones-Charles Sims- Cmon dude you might have something with Abdullah

WR-Antonio Brown, Eddie Royal, John Brown, Cecil Shorts, Mike Wallace- I got the Number 1 WR and u can only start 3 with a flex so ill call a draw

TE-Greg Olsen, Josh Hill- Looks like I got you again

We are having 2 weeks of pick-ups and first week I dropped Shorts and added Isaiah Crowell. Still need a kicker and be without a defense at this point for week 1

The beauty of everything is I drafted a week before you from the dreaded 1 hole and you totally sucked from a gorgeous 11 spot

and now you are fair game

Olsen vs Kelce is a interesting matchup .

That could be I see your point, but I am also thinking Carolina will have to force feed Olsen and KC will run with Charles and Knile Davis

Why didnt you draft David Johnson?

He went in rnd 9 a bunch of picks before mine. My prior rnd 8 pick was Ryan Mathews.

RB-Latavius Murray, Joseph Randle-RoyHelu-Matt Jones-Charles Sims- Cmon dude you might have something with Abdullah

WR-Antonio Brown, Eddie Royal, John Brown, Cecil Shorts, Mike Wallace- I got the Number 1 WR and u can only start 3 with a flex so ill call a draw

We are having 2 weeks of pick-ups and first week I dropped Shorts and added Isaiah Crowell. Still need a kicker and be without a defense at this point for week 1

The beauty of everything is I drafted a week before you from the dreaded 1 hole and you totally sucked from a gorgeous 11 spot

Lol I sucked? Ok man whatever you say. Best of luck to us both this year. Cheers

That could be I see your point, but I am also thinking Carolina will have to force feed Olsen and KC will run with Charles and Knile Davis

Yea Olsen. Should see more targets .

Yea Olsen. Should see more targets .

I love Olsen and may have taken him had he not gone 8 picks before me in rnd 5. I think Kelce in 6 is a fine consolation prize if not utter larceny depending on who you talk to.

6 PT TD league getting luck at 11 is unreal. Absolutely unreal.

Really, really love John brown in the 9th.

I'm sketchy on the butcher but hey man, looks great!

And I really enjoy your posts!

I rate your team as top 6 in that league. Don't envy the sit/start decisions you'll be making with those rbs this year though. Provided a couple of them hit you'll be set.

- much like my 'JULIO' draft i posted in the early wr thread, the theme here is GO WITH THE GUT :banana:

damn the cheatsheets, damn the fiockin' adp automatons, damn the boring twats who draft by rote

go get your guys, reach for your hunches, have a fockin' PLAN and execute it ... and never look back.

love the work here, Tanny ... ride or die with yer boys :thumbsup:

Like it but at 4 and 5 if available I would prefer an Ingram Ivory combo but you do have a lot of potential upside with Abdullah

Like it but at 4 and 5 if available I would prefer an Ingram Ivory combo but you do have a lot of potential upside with Abdullah

Ivory was gone at 5 but I absolute wrestled with Ingram at 4. I had to really make the choice of going for the Homerun or the layup. I Wouldn't fault anyone for picking Ingram there and would prob even reccomend it. In the end I decided that to me, AJ and JMatt were so explosive that I wanted to keep the big play potential theme while it was there and draftable.

Ivory was gone at 5 but I absolute wrestled with Ingram at 4. I had to really make the choice of going for the Homerun or the layup. I Wouldn't fault anyone for picking Ingram there and would prob even reccomend it. In the end I decided that to me, AJ and JMatt were so explosive that I wanted to keep the big play potential theme while it was there and draftable.

It's not a good idea to go for "homeruns" or "layups" when you are playing football. You are sure to lose.

It's not a good idea to go for "homeruns" or "layups" when you are playing football. You are sure to lose.

Fantasy football titles are won by going for homeruns .

You're right, Tan: there are a ton of similarities between your team and mine, and even those players that you have that I don't you mention players (like Ivory) that I was able to get that were gone in your league. Interesting; good luck to us both!

Finally draft day, my xmas. 12tm 6pnt pass td. 50yd td bonus. 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, te, k, dst Drafted 11th. Again, this is not a rate my team, its a report on my main team and pick explanation.

1.11- Luck- For those interested, the 1st round went like this... AP, Lacy, Charles, Bell, Lynch, Forte, Dez, Calvin, Brown, CJ. Iv been involved in alot of QB debates on here recently and have been a heavy supporter of early QB in a strategy to bust proof the first round while accepting a loss of value. With 6pnt tds and long td bonus this was my only choice. Im DONE picking busts in rnd 1 and wanted to go safe and rely on my midseason management. I love the pick. You make it with a plan in mind and thats what I did.

2.2- AJ Green- the only top 7 wr left was ODB and iv been vocal that I dont love him this year. Also iv been vocal of my love for AJG and think he has a monster season. RBs I passed up were Hill and Demarco. I knew getting a top 7wr was a priority for me and this was my only chance.

3.11- Jordan Matthews- You all know im big on JMatt and I have my thread to show that I feel he is a big breakout. Gore, Hyde, Miller, Forsett, Gordon, Morris all taken ahead of me. Far and away the best wr on the board, I was elated to get him. cooks had been taken earlier too. Note that im now headed into rnd 4 with zero RBS, a dangerous state. All according to my plan tho.

4.2- Ameer Abdullah- I wrestled with this pick. Its a huge risk since hes barely even the starter on his own team yet was my RB1 now. I decided to swing for a home run. Ingram and Lat Murray were left on the board and heavily debated Murray. I drank the kool aid and now have to live with it.

5.11- Doug Martin- Ok i knw this will cause some grimaces. Im not even a big fan of his really. Ivory was just taken otherwise he would have been the pick. Olsen and Yeldon gone as well. I took him over Blount and Ellington whom I dislike. Kelce was on the board and debated this but this was maybe my last shot to get an RB to at least start. Not stoked about him at all but I could make it up later.

6. 2- Kelce- Value town? Im not big on Kelce, but I saw my chance to take a TE with upside and took it. People loved this pick more than me. Maybe you do too, let me know. I opted for him over Ellington and B Marshall since I had 2wrs I loved already and the others i like were deeper.

7.11- Tre Mason- Ok if you read this forum you know I am high on Mason and have a thread saying he will be the guy all year and Gurley will be eased in and start next year. All while Mason plays his heart own knowing this is his last shot to impress. I badly needed an RB and went with my gut. Ill live and die by my pick of Mason as a sleeper breakout RB.

8.2- Ryan Mathews- Ok as I looked at my team I went from anxious to really confident. My RBs have come together and have some seriosu potential here, and I was far from done picking them. I love Mathews as a potentially huge steal. An injury prone RB who had 450 touches last year is all thats in the way of possible RB1 stats? Ok.

9.11- John Brown- Another one of my main guys I absolutely love. I like Brown to completely take over as the main threat in AZ and get drafted high next year. We all the story on the kid and you either believe it or not. Loving my team more with every pick, even if it may be a mid-late bloomer.

10.2- Devonta Freeman- Not hyped about the pick but hey hes the guy right now right? At this point of the draft there are no real reaches. Whatever, maybe hes great right? Hes a warm body where I need them.

11.11- Ronnie Hillman- Holy hell I forgot to put him on my list and forgot about him til now and was juiced when I got him. Remember, he beat CJ out in camp last year and was the main man before getting hurt. Been hearing that news that hes the 1b to CJs 1a so far? Yea coachspeak, but there is too much upside to ignore. I could be sitting on a goldmine here.

12.2- Eddie Royal- Yet another of my main sleepers. Love him as depth. Yet another possible steal. Im the friggin hamburglar here.

13.11- Cam Artis-Payne- Upside lotto ticket behind a professionally injured annual semi dissapointment? Sign me up.

12.2- Ty Montgomery- Whatever. Lotto ticket wr with theleagues best QB. What if Cbb gets hurt again or Davante? Can you tell the future? I sure cant.

So heres how it looks. Go right ahead and say I have no RBs but its a long season. I have a sneaky good set of them that will hopefully get better over time.

Luck

Kelce

K and dst irrelevant

Finally a response from someone in the 11th spot. This is mine. My two surprises was Peyton in the 4th despite him being on my don't draft list. Beastmode falling to 11th was also derailed my WR WR in first two rounds goal. 12 man snake, 1 PT PPR.

Marshawn Lynch Demaryius Thomas Latavius Murray Peyton Manning Davante Adams C.J. Spiller LeGarrette Blount Charles Johnson Philip Rivers Alfred Blue Markus Wheaton Roy Helu Coby Fleener Carolina Panthers Dan Carpenter Knile Davis

Luck

Kelce

K and dst irrelevant

Finally a response from someone in the 11th spot. This is mine. My two surprises was Peyton in the 4th despite him being on my don't draft list. Beastmode falling to 11th was also derailed my WR WR in first two rounds goal. 12 man snake, 1 PT PPR. In order.

Marshawn Lynch Demaryius Thomas Latavius Murray Peyton Manning Davante Adams C.J. Spiller LeGarrette Blount Charles Johnson Philip Rivers Alfred Blue Markus Wheaton Roy Helu Coby Fleener Carolina Panthers Dan Carpenter Knile Davis

To the OP, I like how it came together. I am not a fan of an early QB pick but can understand your logic. However, the change I would have done would have been Ingram over Abdullah. You mentioned you were risk averse to RBs as one of your reasons for not taking one early and then when the time came to take one late you took the riskier option.

Your choice of the risky RB Abdullah has put you in a tough position in the early portion of the season for RBs. Abdullah is not even starting. Normally one advantage of waiting on RBs is the big turnover and the crop that you can get off the waiver wire. But that usually takes a little while to materialize. I just feel with this strategy your mid-round RBs have got to be starters. Loved the Martin pick, hate the Abdullah pick.

To the OP, I like how it came together. I am not a fan of an early QB pick but can understand your logic. However, the change I would have done would have been Ingram over Abdullah. You mentioned you were risk averse to RBs as one of your reasons for not taking one early and then when the time came to take one late you took the riskier option.

Your choice of the risky RB Abdullah has put you in a tough position in the early portion of the season for RBs. Abdullah is not even starting. Normally one advantage of waiting on RBs is the big turnover and the crop that you can get off the waiver wire. But that usually takes a little while to materialize. I just feel with this strategy your mid-round RBs have got to be starters. Loved the Martin pick, hate the Abdullah pick.

I wrestled with Ingram and Lat Murray a ton at that pick trust me. About being risk averse, my philosophy is to increase risk as the picks go down. So top picks the safest, next picks riskier and so on. Mainly I just said screw it, I want to watch and root for Ameer and see what this kid can do. Im already going to have iffy RBs, lets go nuts.

• Like 1

I don't think you have a shot with those RB's.

Put your team against mine and I beat you 7+ out of 10 weeks.

I don't think you have a shot with those RB's.

Put your team against mine and I beat you 7+ out of 10 weeks.

Yea no shot, nothing crazy ever happens during the season and no rbs ever emerge to become viable. We all get exactly who we drafted and they all perform as expected. A stable last year of Montee Ball, Zac Stacy and Gerhart looked like a powerhouse as well. Just for kicks ill be matching our teams up every week in my head and report back. Std scoring with ppr will be the baseline.Your team is strong tho, I really like it.

Your first 3 picks were your gut picks and should work out absolutely fine. However I'm not sure about your RB choice of Abdulah in the 4th. I love this kid, but to me he's more of a second half of season guy. Kinda like Jeremy Hill last year. I would have personally gone with a sure starter for your 4th pick.

But since you did pick Abdulah (no chance on him getting to you in 5th anyway) there would be no way I would have taken Kelce in the 6th. I think Ellington here was the play with plans to draft David Johnson.

I'm not personally high on Tre Mason, but you were so this was a great pick in the 7th. I see his time decreasing substantially second half of season. The combo of Mason and Abdullah work, but you need another quality starter. Hopefully Doug Martin is your guy!

The eighth is where I would have started looking at TEs instead of Ryan Mathews. In my opinion, any TE after Gronk then Graham are crap shoots. The next 7 or so may be interchangeable.

I like the John Brown, Eddie Royal, and Hillman picks. I think all 3 outplay where you drafted them.

All in all nice draft. Need some help all season with the RBs, but maybe the dice will roll your way.

This is one of the dumber posts I've seen in this forearm. Kelce and Olsen are a tied - maybe. I drafted Kelce with Olsen still on the board, and then also had Eifert fall to me in something like the 11th-12th round.