Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Tiger vs Phil - Who wants action?

If this is ever done again, they need to have 2 or 3 matches.

Can't stand listening to the nitwits talk in between shots

I remember watching Tiger vs Sergio thinking the same thing. Single golf matches just aren't great for TV.

I did place a bet on Phil at +150. Figured its match play so any big blowup holes wouldn't hurt as bad (aka he didn't need to be in great form). I think the "score" would have been -5 to -4 in favor of Phil anyway.

Is KSB okay? Sometime I think he might really be Kyle Porter of CBSsports.com. ;)

I busted balls on this event, and it's (still) true - had no interest in watching it.........free or not.

I was only disinterested bcoz I had the luxury of watching TWs & PMs entire careers.. Watching them face off now was anticlimactic, 15 years too late.

But everything is relative, the concept was good... If by some miracle you could resurrect the 40 year old ghosts of Bobby Jones and Walter Hagen, I'd pay $500 to see it.

I think they could turn this into something good. More than one match, 2v2, maybe skins game instead... but at least get Tiger vs. Phil, Reed vs. Spieth, and a few other good matches.

It would have been fine if they played better. Came down to playing the extta hole twice. Tiger cant hit a green 93 yards away in 2 tries.

I didnt expect greatness but on that course....they didnt play well at all. They putted terribly. Tiger couldnt hit a fairway. Then they stumbled in on a 93 yard OT hole.

I figured they would play a little better than that under those conditions.

They also forgot to side bet for much of the round. And the side bets were sort of dumb.

I like the idea of this. But it needs to be fine tuned. I thought they would being more entertainment for the time between shots. Barkley had a couple funny lines. Perez hardly talked. It wasnt as much of a circus as I thought it would be. Which sort of hurt them I think.

Like the skins game....