Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Yale replaces 'Freshman,' 'Upperclassman' with gender-neutral terms

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/09/16/yale-gender-neutral-terms-freshman-upperclassman

Yale University has kicked off the new school year by officially scrapping the terms “freshman” and “upperclassman” and replacing them with the gender-neutral terms “first year” and “upper-level students."
“It’s really for public, formal correspondence and formal publications … we’re not trying to tell people what language to use in their everyday casual conversations,” Dean Marvin Chun told the school newspaper. “We’re not trying to be language police.”
Chun applauded the “modern" terms, saying he hopes they will be used exclusively in all communications by next academic year.
Rumblings for more inclusivity began last year, and by spring administrators began using the new terms.
Cornell University, Columbia University and Dartmouth College have all inched away from the old labels in official documents as well.

:(

Liberals are the worst and liberal schools are even more vile than them

It won't be done until we are all its.

Thia isn't what the founding, ahem, Fathers, invisioned. It just can't be.

that is offensive if I have ever read it

I am sure there were some Mothers involved, at some point, or maybe Men who identified as stay at home wives like Shonuff, that might be offended by being called a father. And saying that only fathers could have founded this country that was stolen from Injuns is also offensive

We have always been at war with Eastasia. ~ Ministry of Truth

Not sure what's worse - people changing irrelevant adjectives or people being outraged over the changing of irrelevant adjectives...

Take out the "Gender Neutral" aspect of the story and it just makes focking sense, though. Freshman and Upperclassman don't convey anything as words except to people that already know what they mean. "First Year" makes a shite-ton more sense linguistically. "Upper-Level Students" could still use some work.

What are we gonna call woman?

womyn/wimyn

:lol:

Really if anything offends me it's that 'o' in women. Get that 'o' out of there and give it an 'i'.

Not sure what's worse - people changing irrelevant adjectives or people being outraged over the changing of irrelevant adjectives...

I'll help you here - what is worse is Orwellian word control. HTH.

What are we gonna call woman?

broad

Not sure what's worse - people changing irrelevant adjectives..

This was an excellent place to stop.

Who has time to give a sh!t about any of this stuff?

:dunno: