Sign in to follow this  
TommyGavin

*** Official MNF Giants Lions ****

Boy usually the discussion is about how Caldwell, once again, coached this team poorly, made bad decisions, and horribly controlled the clock.

Now it's McAdoo's turn. Why didn't he call a time out before Prater's field goal? Worst case he has a minute and two time outs after the kickoff, best case he gets really good field position with a minute and two TO's--or even a blocked FG? Not unusual when it's a 56 yarder.

Poor discipline up and down the field. Horrible drop by Marshall. And did Eli trip over an ant on that one sack? They looked hideous.

That said, glad to see the Lions take advantage. Something they rarely do. Only a 3.5 underdog against the Falcons Sunday. I can't see them winning, but a good game would be encouraging.

When the schedule came out, I thought the lions had a pretty tough start. Arizona, @ NYG on Monday night and Atlanta. :dunno:

Giants O-line focking blows. I used to think Eli was an average QB, not sure if he looks so shitty because of that line or if he has taken the backwards step from average to flaming, stupidfaced, pile of dogshit. There was one play late in the first half that I swear that went down without being touched.

When the schedule came out, I thought the lions had a pretty tough start. Arizona, @ NYG on Monday night and Atlanta. :dunno:

Giants O-line focking blows. I used to think Eli was an average QB, not sure if he looks so shitty because of that line or if he has taken the backwards step from average to flaming, stupidfaced, pile of dogshit. There was one play late in the first half that I swear that ###### went down without being touched.

No one since Favre has fallen down before being hit

Maybe when OBJ is 100% that team will get better. The O-line is a disaster and they're blocking for what may be the worst RB group in the league. Marshall is done, Eli looks done but I wouldn't argue the point; that could just as easily be his teammates letting him down constantly. Props to the rookie TE. The D is OK, they're not a special group but they're also not the ones who lost this game.

No running game. Dink and dunk passing game. Giants are a C+ version of the 2016 team, which honestly was more lucky than good.

Engram is the real deal. If Derp can figure out how to hit him in stride he will put up huge weeks. Eli threw behind him 3 times, he should have had 7/100/2

Giants O-line focking blows. I used to think Eli was an average QB, not sure if he looks so shitty because of that line or if he has taken the backwards step from average to flaming, stupidfaced, pile of dogshit. There was one play late in the first half that I swear that ###### went down without being touched.

NY's line is dreadful - but Eli is doing his own damage to hurt this team.

NY inside the 5, 4th and 2 on the Lions' 2 yard line - Eli takes a Delay of Game penalty... A 14 year vet, at home - how does that even happen? :huh:

NY's line is dreadful - but Eli is doing his own damage to hurt this team.

NY inside the 5, 4th and 2 on the Lions' 2 yard line - Eli takes a Delay of Game penalty... A 14 year vet, at home - how does that even happen? :huh:

It's nothing new.

It's nothing new.

In all seriousness, are the fans starting to tire of Eli - are they thinking it's time to maybe hang it up?

It's nothing new.

Back in the Barry days, every other week, Scott Mitchell would engineer a new eye-popping way to miraculously snatch defeat from the jaws of victory that nobody had ever seen before.

I've never hated anyone who ever wore a "Detroit" sports jersey more ... I suppose Tim Cheveldae came close.

Back in the Barry days, every other week, Scott Mitchell would engineer a new eye-popping way to miraculously snatch defeat from the jaws of victory that nobody had ever seen before.

I've never hated anyone who ever wore a "Detroit" sports jersey more ... I suppose Tim Chevaldae came close.

don't you dis Scott Mitchell :nono: :mad:

I had him and Brett Perriman in 1995

In all seriousness, are the fans starting to tire of Eli - are they thinking it's time to maybe hang it up?

No. This is about the o-line (gm) and the play calling. Go back to Giants/Cowboys opening night two years ago. Mcadoo was the OC, calling the plays. It happened then down at the GL and has happened numerous times since. Last year was no better. Many delay of game penalties. That's coaching when it's a trend. Eli is a good soldier. Maybe too good. I wish he would ignore some of Mcadoo calls, like a draw play right after they hit a big play. Does it all the time.

don't you dis Scott Mitchell :nono: :mad:

I had him and Brett Perriman in 1995

Life isn't fantasy football. He was a startable fantasy QB in the day. He had Herman Moore, Brett Perriman and Johnine Morton to throw to with Barry keeping defenses off guard. Remember how John Elway always came though in the clutch? Scott Mitchell was Bizzaro-Elway never coming through to win close games and frequently blowing games that were already won.

I watched every game he played (in his Detroit career) and totally despise him. He wasted Barry's career.

I've never hated anyone who ever wore a "Detroit" sports jersey more ... I suppose Tim Cheveldae came close.

Brandon Inge is far and away the worst for me. Christian Laettner is in the mix as well.

Jason Garrett is king of it on the coaching side.

Being up 2 scores, sometimes even 3, with 8 minutes to play - Red thought that was the best time to chunk it all over the field.

No. This is about the o-line (gm) and the play calling. Go back to Giants/Cowboys opening night two years ago. Mcadoo was the OC, calling the plays. It happened then down at the GL and has happened numerous times since. Last year was no better. Many delay of game penalties. That's coaching when it's a trend. Eli is a good soldier. Maybe too good. I wish he would ignore some of Mcadoo calls, like a draw play right after they hit a big play. Does it all the time.

Regular season: 59.7 comp. %, 7.1 yards-per-attempt, 83.7 passer rating

Postseason: 60.5 comp. %, 6.9 yards-per-attempt, 87.4 passer rating

Life isn't fantasy football.

Kid, you're preaching to the choir there.

Regular season: 59.7 comp. %, 7.1 yards-per-attempt, 83.7 passer rating

Postseason: 60.5 comp. %, 6.9 yards-per-attempt, 87.4 passer rating

Some context please? You know what forget it. Explaining this with stats is silly. The o line sucks. Lesson over.

Some context please?

He's never been that good. Avg at best

Are the Giants a playoff team?

They are 36 games out in the division