Sign in to follow this  
bfros

Ridely or Samuels as Conner's backup?

We all know the Steelers lead RB produces in that offense, and that Tomlin does not like to split carries....so who is the handcuff to own? Ridely or Samuels? Let the debate begin.

I was leaning towards Samuels too, same reasons. And I heard that Tomlin talked him up, but I can't find a link to that....can you paste the link?

which is a change from earlier in the season. their official website's depth chart used to list ridley #2. so they bothered to go and make that change, and samuels has been getting more work. my money is definitely on samuels

I googled 'steelers depth chart' and unfortunately nothing definitive...some sites had Samuels listed as #2, some had Ridely listed as #2.

I went with Pittsburgh Steelers own homepage that has Samuels listed as the b/up: https://www.steelers.com/team/depth-chart/

which is a change from earlier in the season. their official website's depth chart used to list ridley #2. so they bothered to go and make that change, and samuels has been getting more work. my money is definitely on samuels

Good to know, thanks for input.

Samuals would get the early downs .. Ridley 3rd down and a few possessions per game

this is why it will never be known, I would say the exact opposite, and most would

Ridley has never been a 3rd down back, and Samuels is a good receiver

• Like 1

With gronk hurt Ben Watsons inconsistency, I grabbed Samuels as a speculative add

I dont think hes a 3 down back

At best change of pace player whose dual designation makes him a decent bench add

this is why it will never be known, I would say the exact opposite, and most would

Ridley has never been a 3rd down back, and Samuels is a good receiver...

You could be right , then in your opinion are they both change of pace backs ? Or Ridley early downs , samuels 3rd down ,change of pace ? but just because a player who has been in the league for 7 years and never been a 3rd down back previously, his current situation may be different , he could've been cut yesterday had bell shown up . I couldn't get samuels, so I added Ridley , deep bench anyway , obviously I don't think either will put up Conner numbers if they get the opportunity , at best it may be half of kamara/Ingram.. freeman/Coleman type production..