Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

My best friend's mother

Was diagnosed with lung cancer last week. Had to have the ambulance come get her today. She has been hacking since Thanksgiving. Thought it was a cold. Probably won't make it a month. If he was not at my house as a kid I was at his. I got in trouble with the cops. His parents who were more influential in the community stepped in and saved my asss. When I call my mom for mother's day. His mom is my next call. I don't live in the same state anymore. 800 miles away and i still talk to his parents just to check in on them. I actually TALK to them more than I talk to him as they don't text.

• Like 1

Well that totally sucks :(

I thought this was gonna be a thread about pron :dunno:

• Like 2

Sorry to hear.

Thought maybe this was gonna be a thread about a lesser known The Cars song.

She's my best friends mother... :music_guitarred:

eta: Definite missed opportunity by Weird AL.

Sorry to hear this isn't a pron thread. :(

Well that totally sucks :(

I thought this was gonna be a thread about pron :dunno:

Same. :(

Sorry to hear. Who moved 800 miles away - you or them ?

Damn that is awful. I was all prepared for a milf thread and to say yea I’d fock her. But this is terrible.

Lung cancer is a mean ######.

Depending on the specific type and stage she may have options. If they have the ability, get to an NCI facility next week for a consultation. I do know one guy diagnosed with lung cancer who went through experimental radiation at an NCI hospital and was able to knock it out, no surgery, has been alive and well for 2.5 years since. Another who went to MD Anderson for treatment for lung cancer and was able to knock it out.

NCI map: https://www.cancer.gov/research/nci-role/cancer-centers/find

If it is too advanced or metastasized and unlikely to respond to treatment, I'd do some research on CBD. I personally know people who have said it helped with the symptoms of advanced cancer and the side effects of certain treatments. There are lots of stories online about people "beating" their cancer using CBD but those are just personal testimonials, not scientific studies. Nothing to lose though if someone has no other options, except the cost of the CBD.

Sorry to hear though. Cancer can be a physical, emotional, and financial strain for not only the patient but their close family and friends. Hope she is able to get what she needs. Having people like you in her life is a blessing.

Damn that is awful. I was all prepared for a milf thread and to say yea Id fock her. But this is terrible.

It might not be to late. :unsure:

She died Monday night. I flew down and was a pall bearer for the first time. It was kinda strange but I was happy to do it. She was a grumpy old lady way before she was an actual old lady. But she was always there. Always had a funny snarky comment. Always present and active in our lives. Her funeral was funny. Never saw one that had people audibly laughing...at her insistence. 4 months total. From the min she started coughing to her last breath. 4 months. Less than 2 days in hospice.

It's unfortunate but it pulled together a group of guys that are fantastic. I laughed harder in the last few days than I have in years. We ate and drank and were merry.

Damn that is awful. I was all prepared for a milf thread and to say yea I’d fock her. But this is terrible.

It might not be to late. :unsure:

She died Monday night .

Eh im about 50/50 on the proposition now.

Sorry you lost someone close to you.

Says a lot about her that you guys were able to share some laughs and good memories.

Eh im about 50/50 on the proposition now.

Go for it. It's worth a shot . :thumbsup:

• Like 1

She died Monday night. I flew down and was a pall bearer for the first time. It was kinda strange but I was happy to do it. She was a grumpy old lady way before she was an actual old lady. But she was always there. Always had a funny snarky comment. Always present and active in our lives. Her funeral was funny. Never saw one that had people audibly laughing...at her insistence. 4 months total. From the min she started coughing to her last breath. 4 months. Less than 2 days in hospice.

It's unfortunate but it pulled together a group of guys that are fantastic. I laughed harder in the last few days than I have in years. We ate and drank and were merry.

So sorry to hear about her loss, thoughts and prayers with you, her, and your family. :(

My condolences.