Photo

This is extremely dangerous to our democracy (propaganda in action)

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 34,795 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:26 PM

Google is a much, much bigger problem than these television stations if you're concerned about one entity controlling the news. As a matter of fact, it's not even close.

#42 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 67,814 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:33 PM

Makes me chuckle that some of these kids don't get this distinction between these two things.

A huge percentage of the American populace independently and quite easily arrives at the conclusion that Trump is an incompetent dotard.

Vs

A huge percentage of the Airways are controlled by a Cadre of less than a dozen men who sent off a script for people to read without allowing for any individual judgment and under threat of termination.

Yep, that's pretty much the same thing.😂
Users currently on :ignore: BudBro,Flahawker

#43 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 67,814 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:36 PM

If it makes anybody feel any better? If this ridiculous attempt at an end around on essentially antitrust Broadcasting is defeated? Then for example, NPR won't be able to control 70% of the local television stations in 3 years.

I bet the overwhelming majority of people don't want any group or any interest having that kind of overwhelming control of the markets.

And they sure as hell don't want the rule to be changed under the table because of a sweetheart deal between one candidate and one Corporation.

#44 BunnysBastatrds

BunnysBastatrds

FF Geek

• Members
  • 24,577 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 02:19 AM

If it makes anybody feel any better? If this ridiculous attempt at an end around on essentially antitrust Broadcasting is defeated? Then for example, NPR won't be able to control 70% of the local television stations in 3 years.

I bet the overwhelming majority of people don't want any group or any interest having that kind of overwhelming control of the markets.

And they sure as hell don't want the rule to be changed under the table because of a sweetheart deal between one candidate and one Corporation.

Statements like this astound me. Do you know that CNN is broadcast on over 95% of EVERY tv in every airport in the United States? And has been since the 80's. Every concourse, bar, restaurant, bathroom, and any place there is a tv, CNN is on. One news corporation has owned one of the biggest public tv markets and that news organization is a hard left (democrat) candidate leaning org that is so biased, they don't even try to hide it anymore.

Sweetheart deal? :lol:

All my flavors are guranteed to satisfy.

#45 drobeski

drobeski

FF Geek

• Members
  • 60,611 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 03:15 AM

https://www.washingt...erage-in-last-/

#46 drobeski

drobeski

FF Geek

• Members
  • 60,611 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 03:16 AM

https://mobile.twitt...2877441/photo/1

#47 drobeski

drobeski

FF Geek

• Members
  • 60,611 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 03:23 AM

https://youtu.be/BvE7QSkTsdA

#48 drobeski

drobeski

FF Geek

• Members
  • 60,611 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 03:23 AM

:lol:

#49 drobeski

drobeski

FF Geek

• Members
  • 60,611 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 03:27 AM

http://dailycaller.c...nts-nunes-memo/

I could do this all day, if I didn't have a job, like a certain few stage 5 TDS sufferers. :(

#50 Filthy Fernadez

Filthy Fernadez

FF Geek

• Members
  • 22,873 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 06:29 AM

Left is missing greater point behind all this. If they can dictate what the media tells you (narrative) then it stands to reason they can tell the media what not to cover (censorship).

What are all the stories they aren't telling you? You think you're the enlightened ones when in reality you're the mushrooms.

BBC for the most part is pretty damn good.

#51 Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff

FF Geek

• Members
  • 61,720 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 07:24 AM

http://dailycaller.c...nts-nunes-memo/

I could do this all day, if I didn't have a job, like a certain few stage 5 TDS sufferers. :(

Do what...prove you are a focking hack?

#52 jerryskids

jerryskids

FF Geek

• Members
  • 46,289 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 09:46 AM

I think it is awesome that the Left is finally realizing that biased thought control from the media is an issue worth addressing.  :cheers:

"I wouldnt even consider sitting out, I love pedo threads." -- tanatastic

#53 Reality

Reality

FF Geek

• Members
  • 12,432 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:03 AM

I think it is awesome that the Left is finally realizing that biased thought control from the media is an issue worth addressing.  :cheers:

My take as well, glad they finally came around..

:thumbsup:

#54 drobeski

drobeski

FF Geek

• Members
  • 60,611 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:14 AM

Do what...prove you are a focking hack?

i know crack heads who are better at life than you

#55 SenatorRock

SenatorRock

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:06 PM

The infamous bit of Colbert having to inform his audience that Trump firing Comey was BAD at 3:00

Good introduction to the role that TV (especially late night hosts) plays in groupthink. 

#56 mobb_deep

mobb_deep

FF Geek

• Members
  • 19,619 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:58 PM

The infamous bit of Colbert having to inform his audience that Trump firing Comey was BAD at 3:00

Good introduction to the role that TV (especially late night hosts) plays in groupthink. 

You already took a huge L on this thread. Just move on, and live to fight another day.

Sangre Por Sangre

#57 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 34,795 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:13 PM

That's good stuff. This place is a great example of group think.

#58 SenatorRock

SenatorRock

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:14 AM

I am starting to think the Sinclair thing was just bait.

Reel in the useful idiots, get them talking about muh media coordination is a threat to our democracy.

Sit back and laugh as the MSM spits their coordinated propaganda week in and week out.

The pravda response to Trump and Syria (open in new tab, then tap to zoom in):

https://i.imgur.com/l4kNOmB.png

muh comprehensive strategy

What is worse about this is that these are not low rent local news hosts that nobody has ever heard of and nobody will ever listen to. These are elected politicians and journalists spreading this propaganda.

What do all the sky screaming soy boys think of this? Sho? Hack? Wiff?

#59 RaiderHater's Revenge

RaiderHater's Revenge

FF Geek

• Members
  • 15,166 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:36 PM

lol comprehensive strategery is the new talking point

Suck it Rockford---

The Right protests the killing of babies, the left protests EVERYTHING else

#60 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 67,814 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:47 PM

Statements like this astound me. Do you know that CNN is broadcast on over 95% of EVERY tv in every airport in the United States? And has been since the 80's. Every concourse, bar, restaurant, bathroom, and any place there is a tv, CNN is on. One news corporation has owned one of the biggest public tv markets and that news organization is a hard left (democrat) candidate leaning org that is so biased, they don't even try to hide it anymore.

Sweetheart deal? :lol:

And in literally every single nursing home Fox News is playing continuously. For everyone airport, there is at least a hundred and sixty-two nursing homes and retirement Villas and whatnot. What's your point?

#61 Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff

FF Geek

• Members
  • 61,720 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:01 PM

Cohen has 3 clients...tried in court to only reveal 2 (Trump and Broidy).
Judge says he hasnt met standards to withhold the third name.

And why in this thread?
Because its Hannity of course.