Sign in to follow this  
purplengold47

TE play sucks this year, who u got the ROTW?

Well I have Kelce but recently dropped Hooper for Clay as backup. They have litte to throw there to so Clay should get his looks. But Rudolph looks good as well.

I have been throwing crap against the wall all year at TE and hoping that something sticks. So far it hasn't. I just picked up Clay in a couple leagues and will give him a run. I'm also keeping an eye on Doyle and will pick him up when Luck's return is imminent.

If you have the bench space then V Davis makes for a quality stash. It is probably only a matter of time before J Reed goes on IR.

Throw darts at a board to decide

It's TD roulette

TE is slim in my league. I'm honestly thinking of picking up the rookie for the rams versus austin hooper.

I'm honestly hoping Kelce somehow has a crappy week and Hooper has a good one so I can package hooper + lamar miller for Kelce. The owner is kind of special.

To answer your question I think I'd go rudolph or brate.

Right now Brate and Griffin..............for right now, I know I'm gonna have to go with matchups/WW week to week. Thinking of picking up J Thomas.

I really think Griffin is underrated ROS if he can stay healthy. Houston TEs got 9.4 pts a game last year. Griffin is leagues better than Anderson. And an inexperienced Watson will check down to him countless times a game.

I'm rostering him as my dark horse and Clay as the semi-proven guy. Clay is probably the #2 target behind McCoy. Gonna have a lot of opportunities.

Reminder - Griffin could not start over CJ Federowicz so if CJ comes back, then what? I'd go with Clay because of targets and stay with Griffin for as long as you can. GOOD LUCK

This is why I don't wait on TE

BS, I didn't wait, I got Jimmy Gram and Reed. Even if you got Olsen, you are Fked!

Only 1 TE produced this year and I am guessing you happen to hit on that and patting yourself on the back.

Reminder - Griffin could not start over CJ Federowicz so if CJ comes back, then what? I'd go with Clay because of targets and stay with Griffin for as long as you can. GOOD LUCK

Reminder - the label of starter doesn't mean much. Fiedo had 54 catches last year and Griffin 50. Now it's all Griffin.

That's 104 catches last year with Brock Osweiler.

Fiedo returning is kind of pointless to worry about right now. Had 2 concussions in short order.

BS, I didn't wait, I got Jimmy Gram and Reed. Even if you got Olsen, you are Fked!

Only 1 TE produced this year and I am guessing you happen to hit on that and patting yourself on the back.

I have shares of Gronk, Kelce, and Walker in my leagues. Even in the one league I got Olsen I'm still not screwed because I got Walker also.

I've learned through the years waiting on TE is a move I regret. I caught a bit of crap from people for taking Gronk early and in some leagues going TE twice within the first four rounds.

I usually show up to the draft with 2 or so specific midround guys in mind. This time it worked out so far because 'my guy' was Zach Ertz. The top guys have such absurd injury histories. And Kelce is stuck with Alex and Andy so he can end up not getting used any week without notice and/or logic.

!

This

rolling with witten in dyno, he has cooled off.

drafted 4 rooks to replace him when he retires.

Howard, O.J. TBB TE ®

Butt, Jake DEN TE ® (I)

Kittle, George SFO TE ®

Smith, Jonnu TEN TE ®

plan on keeping two for the future, who do you see panning out?

rolling with witten in dyno, he has cooled off.

drafted 4 rooks to replace him when he retires.

Howard, O.J. TBB TE ®

Butt, Jake DEN TE ® (I)

Kittle, George SFO TE ®

Smith, Jonnu TEN TE ®

plan on keeping two for the future, who do you see panning out?

All of them

If all the Tight ends, except for Kelce and Gronked, are lackluster does it even matter who you pick? They are like kickers this year.

I just dropped Julius Thomas, my super sleeper TE in 2 leagues this week for ASJ who has a nice match up this week.

JT should go off for those that are reaching

Just throwing this out for opinions but any chance Zack Miller becomes a safety blanket(if you will) for the rookie QB?

this is why i hate drafting te early.. drafted reed in the 6th.. been playing brate for the last 2 weeks.. working out so far

Just throwing this out for opinions but any chance Zack Miller becomes a safety blanket(if you will) for the rookie QB?

I was thinking the same thing. If you have a roster spot he's worth a flyer I guess.

Clay isn't a sleeper anymore, dude is producing like top 5 TE in PPR leagues. Same can be said of Engram.

If you can acquire Rudolph, right now is the time, with Bradford coming back, his #'s will pick up. Brate is also somebody you might still be able to get for cheap. Doyle is also somebody to get in advance of Luck coming back. I am also curious about Bennett in GB. He's getting a good amount of targets, but not converting them. With their RB and WR issues, he may be a sneaky good pickup.

A guy nobody is talking about is Seferians-Jenkins. ASJ has had a decent # of looks in both his games back and has the trust of his QB. Dude is still rounding into shape after the suspension but may be a late TD1 by end of year. I picked him up after throwing TE poo against wall for weeks. Ebron, Hooper, Fleener, every week I pick one he throws up a 2 pt week. ASJ has gotten 8 pts in back to back weeks since his return. If i can set it and forget it for 8-10 pts weekly, I'm fine with that.

the general consensus is that Hunter Henry has has replaced Gates for the Chargers..... and thus Antonio is widely available on the wire (14% ownership on ESPN ..... 30% on yahoo....) while Henry has most recently received more snaps than Gates, Henry is mostly in there blocking.... and Gates has out targeted Henry nearly 2 to 1 this season..... everyone (except the most important person---- his QB) thinks Gates is done..... If you look at the very TE friendly schedule that the Chargers have the rest of the way, he is worth a roster spot in my opinion..... and not a bad flex play this week..... those that were paying attention last year, could tell you that Henry got extra target attention last year because Gates was receiving a lot of attention from apposing Defenses due to a crippled Chargers receiving crew, and Henry was basically ignored, being an unproven rookie...... thus far this year, Gates looks to be the main TE that Rivers looks for first.... you could do a lot worse else where this year......

• Like 1

The Giants score over 20 and their top 3 wrs get hurt, so of course this is Engram's first catchless game. God I hate this position.

Didnt watch that game but WTF? I have Engram going in one league and may need him going forward in a second with Clay going out. Hopefully future weeks are better for him with all the WR injuries.

Didnt watch that game but WTF? I have Engram going in one league and may need him going forward in a second with Clay going out. Hopefully future weeks are better for him with all the WR injuries.

I hope so. I didn't see the game either and I'm shocked he didn't at least get his usual 40 yards.

Surprised he only had dour targets, Engram that is.