Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

Taking the Family to Disney World

DAMMIT! :angry: Your whole trip is rooined now!

I know I know. Everyone is still having a great time and the kids don't know the difference. It's one of my quirks though. I still get mad at myself when I think about it or see a sign for the show.

It's like I wanted to do the mine ride but I knew it would be tough to get without waiting forever. I wasn't able to get on, but I knew it might not happen so I was flexible. This show was lined up perfectly and I focked it up. Again I know it's fine but I am still irrationally mad about it.

I've been home for a few days now.

I can see why people love Disney as much as they do. Everything was top of the line. From the the characters to the people cleaning the toilets.

Thank for all the tips

Mmmm beer: Good call on the lanyards and pins once the kids got into it they where trading pins like crazy. It's a good distraction when touring the different countries at Epcot. Also you where right about the pounding feet. My goodness.

TD Ryan: Per your suggestion be flexible. I had a plan but it went to sh1t on the very first minute we got to the park. If you recall the plan was to head to 7 dwarfs mine ride at rope drop but it was already a 30 minute wait. So I said eff that and we knocked out 5-6 rides that first our (even seeing little mermaid twice because we forgot her autograph.)

Shotsup: Take a picture of your kids each morning. We didn't do that but I had a conversation with my kids about what to do and not do if we get separated. It was pretty much along the lines of if you don't see us stay right where you are. My kids are good and don't wonder and my wife and I actually parent our children instead of letting them do whatever they want. None the less it was a good tip to have that conversation with them.

All in all we got to do everything we wanted

Magic Kingdom: We did pretty much everything! Here is the list of what we didn't get to do because it's shorter (does not include restaurants.)

Harmony Barber Shop

Enchanted Tiki Room

Tom Sawyer Island

Hall of Presidents - Closed because adding Trump

Riverboat

7 dwarfs mine ride

Stitch great escape - guide book says this is the worst and you couldn't pay him to go on it.

Astro Orbiter

Carousel of Progress

EpCot

We had a lot of fun here. We did everything other than the test track.

If you go and you have children, here is how to get them trough touring all the countries without losing your mind.

1. start hitting the countries in the mid to late afternoon and do them counter clockwise starting at Canada. This will put the sun at your back.

2. do the phineas and ferb game.

3. Visit each kidCot and get a stamp and autograph. Put it in your autograph book or use the free bear on a stick. Note: we took a photo of the kids in each country and will print them and put them next to the stamp/writing.

Hollywood Studios

This park is a disappointment just because until Starwars and toy story land open it's like half a park. We did everything we wanted. We just missed out on the great movie ride which closed the week prior.

Jedi Academy. If you want your kid to do this you need to go straight to sign up which is next to the indiana jones stunt show. if you don't you'll probably miss out. PRO TIP: Schedule an early breakfast at hollywood and vine (or any other on property restaurant) finish before rope drop then stand in line for jedi. We did the former and got a 12:40 slot because only the boy was doing it. If you have more than one I was hearing 3:00 4:00 times being given out. Keep in mind this was at rope drop and they only do the show until 6pm

I think I covered my Fatasmic screw up enough.

I wish I had spent more time checking out Sunset & Hollywood blvd.

Meal plan

We did not get the meal plan. Looking at all the money we spent it was close. Although since the meal plan does not cover adult drinks I think we came out on top. It was nice not having it which allowed us to be more flexible,

• Like 2

Awesome. Reading that brings back good memories. :thumbsup:

Cdub - enjoyed following your trip. I never understood the "Disney" thing either until I took my kids/family there. We have made so many great memories there.

Here's another family trip video - my kids watch these vids all the time - as you know - once you're back you just want to talk about and relive it as much as possible.

Cdub - enjoyed following your trip. I never understood the "Disney" thing either until I took my kids/family there. We have made so many great memories there.

Here's another family trip video - my kids watch these vids all the time - as you know - once you're back you just want to talk about and relive it as much as possible.

What a lovely family you have. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

It's good the kids don't have those retarded Boston accents. Sorry, re-tahded. Does their father?

We won 4 park hopper tickets at my kids school festival tonight. Kids where screaming and jumping around excited and all I can think of is, huh two Disney trips in one year is $$$$$

:lol:

if you do not want to go, you could sell them

:lol:

if you do not want to go, you could sell them

Fat chance now that the kids know we won.

Fat chance now that the kids know we won.

ask them if they would like to swim with dolphins

ask them if they would like to swim with dolphins

I see where you're going with this, clever.

I see where you're going with this, clever.

Selling the Disney stuff to use for a tropical vacation..... Where they can swim with dolphins,rays, turtles, etc. Ziplining, jetski, snorkel, scuba, kayak, windsurf, sail, fish.

And you get to chill with rum drinks

Whelp the Dub family is heading back to Disney this summer.

I just booked flight - $44 (Used miles)

Hotel - Hilton $Free (used points)

Hotel - Shades of Green military hotel ($155 per night out the door no tax or resort fees)

The only thing that is going to cost me $$$ are the Disney tickets. Turns out I sold the park hoppers we won for a little over $600 which will pay for 2 days of passes for the fam. So really I'm paying $600 for 4 days

Flight, hotel, tickets < $2,000 (12 day not bad IMHO)

We are waiting til Star Wars stuff is open. Wife would love to go back this fall when toy story stuff is open but we are going to the beach with a group of friends instead.

We are waiting til Star Wars stuff is open. Wife would love to go back this fall when toy story stuff is open but we are going to the beach with a group of friends instead.

In-laws treating you again?

In-laws treating you again?

Christ, shut up. People like you are the reason this place sucks sometimes. I come to read a thread about something that has absolutely nothing to do with politics or your guys' sissy slapfights and you have to chime in and post something that a 5 year old would write to Sho just because you hate his political stance. Do it in one of the zillions of the political threads around here that you asshats can't seem to leave each other alone in for focks sake.

• Like 2

Christ, shut up. People like you are the reason this place sucks sometimes. I come to read a thread about something that has absolutely nothing to do with politics or your guys' sissy slapfights and you have to chime in and post something that a 5 year old would write to Sho just because you hate his political stance. Do it in one of the zillions of the political threads around here that you asshats can't seem to leave each other alone in for focks sake.

I'm going to start blocking the trolls. It's a shame because once in a while they come up with a gem, but I just can't take it anymore either.

• Like 1

Slow clap 👏

you win the internet today :pointstosky:

How ironic. Cdub goes to the hall of presidents and its closed because theyre adding his boy.

Glad your having fun.

That was last year and I was sad. But it's open now.

Also I'm conspiracy theories I believe the Trump animatronic is actually Hillary and Disney didn't want to pay to change it

Every ride in toy story land is class a meaning only one FP+ can be booked at a time.

I'm going to FP Slinky dog coaster.

Good news is everything else is class b so Aerosmith and tower of terror can be booked

Has anyone stayed at the Hilton bonnet Creek?

Cdub.

We brought some family and the 4 year old to Orlando last month.

Was 9 of us. including a 7 and 9 year old girl and their parents.

Everyone went to Magical Kingdom but me, I stayed back to golf 27 holes and hang out by the pool.

Greatest decision of my life.

It was Florida school vacation, the place was focking MOBBED. 2 hour wait times

Funk that

Every ride in toy story land is class a meaning only one FP+ can be booked at a time.

I'm going to FP Slinky dog coaster.

Good news is everything else is class b so Aerosmith and tower of terror can be booked

Can you book both of those last two? I thought it was one or the other? Did they change that when opening TS land?

Has anyone stayed at the Hilton bonnet Creek?

I have not...have some friends who did while we were at the Wyndham resort right next to it (which I love). But I did run over there as it was a guy I trained with for half marathons and we would run early mornings in the area. Hilton looked very nice and he said he enjoyed it.

Can you book both of those last two? I thought it was one or the other? Did they change that when opening TS land?

Yes when toy story land opens tower of terror, Aerosmith and that star wars ride move to class 2. Everything in toy story land: dog coaster, alien spin and buzz light year will be class 1.

So you should be able to book 1 toy story land ride and two of the class 2s

its like your EdEx performances have infected your brain with success...

• Like 1

shut up

Yes when toy story land opens tower of terror, Aerosmith and that star wars ride move to class 2. Everything in toy story land: dog coaster, alien spin and buzz light year will be class 1.

So you should be able to book 1 toy story land ride and two of the class 2s

Nice...will be different by time we go again and Star Wars opens up.

I'm going this winter, wife put us on some waiting list for people with timeshares managed by the resort. We got a nice one at Animal kingdom for 60% of the cost of booking through the resort. Think the kids will like seeing the animals out the windows in the morning.

• Like 1

I'm going this winter, wife put us on some waiting list for people with timeshares managed by the resort. We got a nice one at Animal kingdom for 60% of the cost of booking through the resort. Think the kids will like seeing the animals out the windows in the morning.

Have a link for that? Thanks

http://www.dvcrequest.com/default.asp

Are you renting DVC points?

http://www.dvcrequest.com/default.asp

Are you renting DVC points?

Yes, that is what my wife used. Upon actually looking at the website, it looks complicated. I grew up with a friend who's father was just a pure entrepreneur. Just started businesses, rode the wave, then went onto something completely different. Always landed on his feet. He figured out in the late 80's he could buy corporate frequent flier miles in bulk from various businessmen and companies and operate a flight booking company that was very very successful until the airlines changes the rules years later. This website sounds just like it.

The trip is coming up and I have everything but the transportation from the airport to the hotels

We do Amazon grocery delivery and eat breakfast in the room before leaving for the day

I have park hopper tickets because they came with 4 days at Disney Water parks

Flex Day = Either chill at the hotel or go to a Disney water park

FP = Fastpass (Wife and daughter dont like fast rides so I split the boy and I up which is why you see so many FP below

Sunday - Arrive

Chill at the hotel

Dinner at Disney springs Rainforest Cafe (I know there are a billion other places to eat but the kids will like it and we have a gift card)

Monday - Flex Day

Disney water Park/chill at hotel

Fort Wilderness to go ride horses

Dinner at Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue

Tuesday - EpCOT

Test Track - FP

Living with the Land - FP

Mission: Space - FP

Journey into Imagination - FP

Turtle talk with Crush

check out the aquarium

Try and get on Soarin, Spaceship Earth

Extra magic hours in the evening

Wednesday - Flex Day

Thursday - Animal Kingdom

Kilimanjaro - FP

Meet Mickey - FP

Everest - FP

Lunch - Tusker House

Na'vi River - FP

Flight of Passage - FP

Never been to AK so we will play it by ear. I would like to see the bird show and a few other things

Friday - Hotel switch / Mickey's not so scary Halloween Party

Switching hotel from the HIlton to the Military hotel on Disney property

Get to the park at 4pm and ride some rides then enjoy the party.

Saturday - Flex Day

Breakfast at Ohanas

Sunday - Magic Kingdom

Dumbo - FP

Mine Train - FP

Buzz Light Year - FP

Pirates - FP

Do sh1t the rest of the day

Monday - Flex Day

Tuesday - Hollywood Studios

Rock n roller coaster

Alien Swirling Saucers

Star tours

Lunch - 50's prime time

Dinner - Mama Melrose getting the Fantasmic dinner show

Wednesday - Flex Day

Thursday - Come home

Good plan.

While it is a bit of a drive, on the flex day look into Kennedy Space Center, it is well worth the trip and cost, and you can head down to Cocoa Beach, which is fun as well.

We did the swimming with the manatee's in tampa once, it was meh....

Gatoland is also an interesting side trip as well