Sign in to follow this  
TD Ryan2

NFL TV Ratings Down Sharply

What part of what I posted was wrong? That they knelt (the whole team or the majority of it)?

I don't care who is working with Goddell and what he thinks. He's not the focking customer; I AM.

You don't cater to the employees when it impacts the bottom line unless you're okay with going the fock out of business.

Don't go. Don't watch. Have at it. If you do it because a dozen guys are kneeling during the national anthem, then that is your right. You over estimate the number of people making decisions based on that issue.

• Like 1

You over estimate the number of people making decisions based on that issue.

Your opinion and you're still watching. You underestimate the number of people making decisions on that issue which is my opinion. It's that same underestimating that occurred during the election when people thought Hillary was a shoe in.

Don't go. Don't watch. Have at it. If you do it because a dozen guys are kneeling during the national anthem, then that is your right. You over estimate the number of people making decisions based on that issue.

Its a variety of factors. The kneeling thing is one of them, and a fairly large one controversy wise.

I am curious what would have happened if the kneeling crap had gone down five or six years ago. When the NFL was riding high.

I have a hard time deciding to what the NFL product has gotten worse, and to what extent Im just getting old. I just dont enjoy it much anymore. I used to live and die for it. Sundays and Saturdays in the fall was my favorite thing. I, like many of you, watched 20 hours of football and coverage every weekend.

Now? I dont bother. I havent watched a full game in three seasons. I dont really miss it. It just seems like it isnt the same. But it could be me.

Its a variety of factors. The kneeling thing is one of them, and a fairly large one controversy wise.

I am curious what would have happened if the kneeling crap had gone down five or six years ago. When the NFL was riding high.

I have a hard time deciding to what the NFL product has gotten worse, and to what extent Im just getting old. I just dont enjoy it much anymore. I used to live and die for it. Sundays and Saturdays in the fall was my favorite thing. I, like many of you, watched 20 hours of football and coverage every weekend.

Now? I dont bother. I havent watched a full game in three seasons. I dont really miss it. It just seems like it isnt the same. But it could be me.

I honestly don't give one whether they kneel or not, I enjoy football, the game itself, it was the perfect escape from all the rest of the garbage around every weekend. They have taken a fantastic entertaining escape and turned it into a political platform and I am sick of it

I turn on sports talk radio to listen to guys talk about the game, not anything else, if I wanted to listen to nonsensical garbage from people who can hardly even tell us what is going on I would listen to the Jim Rome show

Great business model by the NFL. Cater to the 10% or less of players who want to do this sh!t instead of catering to the customers. They'd better put a tourniquet on this (make a rule to stand) before too many folks get used to doing something else on Sundays.

Lol

They didn't. Please post this dribble. We lost a good man last week. They love our men in blue. I'll bet you a weeks salary to any charity of your choice that this didn't happen. Shut up and sit down.

Prove me wrong fawk head.

Bunny needs to post a #metoo tweet cause he just got RAPED!

• Like 1

Bunny needs to post a #metoo tweet cause he just got RAPED!

I'll bet you a pay check that this didn't happen bro!!! Challenge me you dumb fawk!!! Dare you.

I know people would prefer to go with conspiracy theories and politically convenient anecdotes, but the biggest reality is the simplest reality. Its own version of Occams razor. It's cord-cutting and all the resultant Affiliated issues surrounding that. If and when they come up with a way to measure the various way eyeballs get on NFL these days the numbers will skew upward again..

But probably never like it's most Halcyon Days. Now the product is available far more times per week than it used to be. There are a lot more screens to watch & a lot more other content to watch as well.

But, if the kneeling thing makes you apoplectic, then you're going to hang your hat on any and all bad news related to the NFL and tie it directly to kneeling. Same thing with rules changes, same thing with off-field issues, ETC. Then, add in the American attention spans are a lot shorter then they were even 10 years ago. Sitting down and knocking off a block of three or four hours of one football game just doesn't work these days for a lot of people.

Personally, I think hanging too much on the kneeling thing is stupid. The Network's don't show it anymore. So unless you go out to ESPN and hunt for footage on Sports Center or somewhere, that's not really even a part of the viewing experience.

For those reveling in the idea that NFL's numbers are down. Well no s*** Sporto that's why they call it a peak. They reached pretty much maximum saturation. And now, they have to find a way to harvest entirely new markets. And so far, that's just not working very well.

Network executives are scrambling to solve the growing problem of crashing ratings for the National Football League, by cutting games to end the perceived “over-saturation” of football on TV.

To put an end to the sliding ratings, the executives are proposing that fewer games may be the ticket to stop that “over-saturation,” with one idea being to cut Thursday Night Football by a whopping ten games.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/10/25/tv-execs-scramble-stop-plummeting-nfl-ratings-suggest-canceling-ten-thursday-night-football-games/

Do you think that’s gonna fix their ratings problem?

Do you think that’s gonna fix their ratings problem?

It will help I guess, but at the end of the day - it won't fix the product that's at the root of issue... There are so many qbs and teams that are flat out unwatchable - it's killing viewership.. Take that Bears game Sunday - zero offensive tds, 4 completed passes - by the WINNING team! :huh:

• Like 1

Network executives are scrambling to solve the growing problem of crashing ratings for the National Football League, by cutting games to end the perceived over-saturation of football on TV.

To put an end to the sliding ratings, the executives are proposing that fewer games may be the ticket to stop that over-saturation, with one idea being to cut Thursday Night Football by a whopping ten games.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/10/25/tv-execs-scramble-stop-plummeting-nfl-ratings-suggest-canceling-ten-thursday-night-football-games/

Do you think thats gonna fix their ratings problem?

Thursday night football sucks. This would definitely be an improvement

Fox News Poll: Positive views of NFL down 18 points since 2013

The National Football League is taking some hits these days. A new Fox News Poll finds that since 2013, the league’s favorable rating has dropped 18 points.

Today, 46 percent of voters have a positive view of the N.F.L. while 41 percent view it negatively. Four years ago (the last time the question was asked), 64 percent had a positive view of the league and 19 percent were critical.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/26/fox-news-poll-positive-views-nfl-down-18-points-since-2013.html

I'm done for the season if not forever regardless if they all stood tomorrow.

Worthless product.

I'm getting there, I haven't been watching the prime time games and my son plays league ball on Sunday's. Still checking scores but, I am thinking about bowing out of my 2 long running leagues next year.

:lol: @ thinking protests are why people are tuning out.

And anyone who thinks the protests have nothing to do with it is a fool!

You have to be a special kind of idiot to believe it doesn't play any part at all.

You have to be a special kind of idiot to believe it doesn't play any part at all.

A part in it? Maybe.

Is it the sole or even primary reason theyre down? No.

A part in it? Maybe.

Is it the sole or even primary reason theyre down? No.

So, we aren't arguing at all and actually agree.

:thumbsup:

That's a far cry from this though..

So, we aren't arguing at all and actually agree.

:thumbsup:

That's a far cry from this though..

You and your ilk have repeatedly implied that viewers are tuning out primarily due to the protests. No word on why viewership is down for MLB and NBA too though. :lol:

You and your ilk have repeatedly implied that viewers are tuning out primarily due to the protests. No word on why viewership is down for MLB and NBA too though. :lol:

p

MLB viewership is up for 2017

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2017/10/06/Media/MLB-Regular-Season.aspx

ESPN’s & ABC’s 2017 NBA Playoffs Viewership Up Five Percent

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2017/05/espns-abcs-2017-nba-playoffs-viewership-five-percent/

Don't feel like trolling back and forth today, hope you have a good weekend.

Hey toots, the bosses would like some donuts with the coffee.

Hey toots, the bosses would like some donuts with the coffee.

I picture you looking like that banjo kid from Deliverance and living in a shack in the everglades with your 600-pound mother.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/27/nfl-ratings-down-less-than-prime-time-network-television-as-a-whole/

What is causing the NFL’s declining television audiences? As many people speculate that it’s all about the national anthem or the quality of the games or brain injuries turning fans away, another explanation may simply be that the NFL is on network television, and everything on network television is declining.

In fact, the NFL’s ratings have declined less than the rest of network television: According to CNN, the NFL’s ratings are down 5 percent from last year, while overall prime time programming on the four broadcast networks is down 8 percent from last year.

As I had stated previously. Viewership of Network TV in general is down. Football is just a part of that, which is why the NFL is looking at alternative mediums and delivery mechanisms for their content.

I picture you looking like that banjo kid from Deliverance and living in a shack in the everglades with your 600-pound mother.

Your daddy did a number on you kid.

Your daddy did a number on you kid.

I bet you were breastfed into your teens and still mostly go barefoot. Is tonight possum soup night?

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/10/29/empty-seats-aplenty-kickoff-start-week-8/

Empty seat counter protests continue and increasing?

:lol: @ the cover shot of the Rams stadium. When has LA ever supported football?

Im a pragmatist. If the owners want to go to war over this issue they will lose. There is no way the NFLPA is going to accept compulsory standing for the anthem, and even if this were in the bylaws players would still do it and take the fine.

All the NFL can really do is ignore it, but the Attention Ho in Chief decided to waddle his fat ass into this issue. Now even more players are protesting as a middle finger to the POTUS. Id say this was counter productive but his goal was to rile up the slack jaws and it seems to have worked.

:doh:

Id say this was counter productive but his goal was to rile up the slack jaws and it seems to have worked.

I'd say the kneeling is counter-productive to the players cause. "We want everyone to love blacks. Therefore, we'll do something that everyone finds despicable!"

Ah, good plan.

:lol: @ the cover shot of the Rams stadium. When has LA ever supported football?

Im a pragmatist. If the owners want to go to war over this issue they will lose. There is no way the NFLPA is going to accept compulsory standing for the anthem, and even if this were in the bylaws players would still do it and take the fine.

All the NFL can really do is ignore it, but the Attention Ho in Chief decided to waddle his fat ass into this issue. Now even more players are protesting as a middle finger to the POTUS. Id say this was counter productive but his goal was to rile up the slack jaws and it seems to have worked.

:doh:

You think the people have stopped watching because Trump riled us up? Far from it. It's the player's actions that have riled up the people who love this country and respect it.

Typical liberal mentality; demand no personal responsibility unless it fits your political agenda.

I'd say the kneeling is counter-productive to the players cause. "We want everyone to love blacks. Therefore, we'll do something that everyone finds despicable!"

Ah, good plan.

Spot on.

Maybe instead of doing some stupid a$$ display every time they score they should take a knee at that point. Wouldn't have affected the ratings/attendance much if at all.

This is all about them disrespecting authority and they've underestimated how loathsome people view their actions. Patriotism crosses the political spectrum.........