Sign in to follow this  
ufeeboy

Got the Win on Wentz's Last Play - Crazy Story!

This is crazy. 19 years of playing FF I've never seen anything like this. I was up 16.6 points going into the Monday night game. I had Agholor, he had Wentz. After the third Wentz touchdown I thought I was done. Then he throws his 4th to Agholor and we end up tied with 147.6 points with about 11 minutes to go. Wentz never throws another pass and I figured we tie. Last play of the game Wentz kneels for -1 yard and my opponent's score goes to 147.5 and I get the win!

Crazy.

Does the NFL assign the -1 rush yard to "Team" or something? If it shows in Wentz's stats, I don't see why that would be backed out. His rushing yards are his rushing yards.

Most leagues correctly do not deduct for kneel downs. Enjoy the undeserved gift.

I have never seen this. I've always had kneel downs deducted from the rushing yard total of the QB.

All my leagues deduct it from his rushing total, unless they changed it this year.

18 years of FF, EVERY league I've been in has deducted kneel downs as negative yards. Seen this scenario happen only once tho when an owner lost because McNabb kneeled 3 times in a row. Sucked for the owner, but I couldn't stop laughing. :)

18 years of FF, EVERY league I've been in has deducted kneel downs as negative yards. Seen this scenario happen only once tho when an owner lost because McNabb kneeled 3 times in a row. Sucked for the owner, but I couldn't stop laughing. :)

yep, I won a game where Brees was against me but get this, I was down 0.5, 3 kneel downs wouldn't do it. I think the situation was there was going to be like 2 extra seconds had they just taken a knee, so rather than leave any time, Brees took the first snap and backup up about 4 yards to kneel, killing that extra time

won by .1

• Like 1

I had Peyton Manning the year he set the TD passing record, also had Shawn Alexander (the year he set the rushing TD record). My team was off the charts good. I was playing my biggest rival in the 1st round of the playoffs and the Colts have 1st down on the 3 yrd line with the game in hand and Manning is tied for the TD record. All he has to do is throw a TD and I win. Instead he kneels down 3 times and I get upset in the 1st round. Those fvcking kneels downs are a killer...

This this is really Crazy.

I have never seen this. I've always had kneel downs deducted from the rushing yard total of the QB.

Same, never even seen where an option to negate it would be.

Same, never even seen where an option to negate it would be.

Its silly to think it wouldnt go against the QB. Its hazard work. Do leagues give back points for hail mary passes that get intercepted?

Agree, I don't see how they couldn't count as negative rushing yards as that's how the NFL scores them and there's no "official" NFL statistic that I'm aware of that a scoring database could filter out to exclude these from a QB's total rushing yards

Agree, I don't see how they couldn't count as negative rushing yards as that's how the NFL scores them and there's no "official" NFL statistic that I'm aware of that a scoring database could filter out to exclude these from a QB's total rushing yards

Seriously. The negative yards have to be applied to someone. Its an actual statistic. If near the end of a game a team takes a voluntary safety should the defense not get the points?

Most leagues correctly do not deduct for kneel downs. Enjoy the undeserved gift.

Score will update soon, the kneel is not a deduction.

It's been 7 days and still no stat correction. Pretty sure it's going to stick. ESPN league. Good job being wrong.