Sign in to follow this  
bigfans13

SUPER BOWL WINNER STIFFED!

Hey Guys,

A friend of mine and I are having a debate about the league he is in and I would like all your input. Last year was the 4th year of the league and he won it all. The payout was $890 or so.

There are co-commissioners in this league and everyone was paid , including the super bowl loser but him. The one co-commissioner claims the proceeds he collected, $472, was stolen, along with all his money by his ex-girlfriend.

So, the other commissioner paid him the money he had collected, about $400.

Has anyone ever heard of someone being stiffed and not paid the money they won in fantasy football?

Hey Guys,

A friend of mine are having a debate about the league he is in and I would like all your input. Last year was the 4th year of the league and he won it all. The payout was $890 or so.

There are co-commissioners in this league and everyone was paid , including the super bowl loser but him. The one co-commissioner claims the proceeds he collected, $472, was stolen, along with all his money by his ex-girlfriend.

So, the other commissioner paid him the money he had collected, about $400.

Has anyone ever heard of someone being stiffed in fantasy football?

1998 I wasnt stiffed like that but the commish had a rule (that I never saw) that automatically gave a team with an injured player the backup if he was available....in the championship week I lost by 4 points because of a Luther Broughton 60+ yard TD becasue Wesley Walls was out.....I had to eat the loss to save my friendship with my best friend as it was his brother who was the commish

Thanks, but I'm looking to see if anybody was actually stiffed after winning the Superbowl or anything else - and what they did about it.

Also - do I buy this guys story or what? It's his 4th story he told as he dragged his feet to pay up his portion (which he still hasn't done).

He's a friend of a friend of a friend - so, I don't have anyway of getting in touch with him directly.

Thanks, but I'm looking to see if anybody was actually stiffed after winning the Superbowl or anything else - and what they did about it.

Also - do I buy this guys story or what? It's his 4th story he told as he dragged his feet to pay up his portion (which he still hasn't done).

He's a friend of a friend of a friend - so, I don't have anyway of getting in touch with him directly.

In that case go beat down him and his ex-GF

In that case go beat down him and his ex-GF

:blink:

never happened to me, but I would demand that the douche pay me, then start another league with everyone but him. Don't tell him about it, let him set up the original league and front the fees. Then tell him his ex girlfriend took all your money too :bench:

:mad:

never happened to me, but I would demand that the douche pay me, then start another league with everyone but him. Don't tell him about it, let him set up the original league and front the fees. Then tell him his ex girlfriend took all your money too :(

:mad:

Failing that, house.punch.family. HTH.

The money was his responsibility. It doesn't matter where it went, he needs to pay you.

Maybe his money got stolen, so he took the FF money to make up for it.

I'd suppest not being in a league run by him this year.

:doublethumbsup:

Failing that, house.punch.family. HTH.

:banana: to the guy at his house in front of his girlfriend (old or new) is ALWAYS the answer....

The money was his responsibility. It doesn't matter where it went, he needs to pay you.

Maybe his money got stolen, so he took the FF money to make up for it.

I'd suppest not being in a league run by him this year.

were ALL league monies paid to him in cash, or did he collect checks too??

A. if he collected checks, there shouldn't be cash laying around for his ex to have stolen.

B. if he collected all cash, he should have put it in the bank anyway so he was certain not to spend it or lose it.

How does he know it was the league money that was stolen? Maybe it was really his rent money, or his beer money, or some other money... but i bet he had money for all of them.

either way, being commish or co-commish is about responsibility, as is life. If he was responsible for the money, and was willing to accept it from everyone, then he is responsible to pay it out. end of story. The only way i'd get back in a league w/ a guy like that is if he 1) paid all my fees for the year, 2) wasn't commish and didn't collect any money, and 3) agreed to let me take a poke at his new gf...

Get the league to rally behind you. Talk to everyone first. Try to get them to buy into the fact that this shouldn't happen to anyone in the future and taking steps to rectify this now will help the welfare of league down the line. Once you get everyone's support, confront the guy and demand he make a payment plan to payback the dough over an agreed upon period of time.

If he doesn't go for it and blames everyone but himself for being foolish enough to keep it in range of his ex...then move to kick him out of the league. If you have everyone's support, it should be seen as the right thing to do.

The person in charge of the money is responsible for the money. If it was stolen then he or she should be responsible for paying out of his/her pocket.

I keep all my league money in the bank and mail out checks to winners so I don't have to deal with cash. I would have a long talk with this gentleman then kick him out of the league.

Yeah, there's no excuse for that. The money getting stolen is his problem, not yours. Heck, i played in and won a league two years ago where only three of us ended up paying in; we didn't decide until halfway through the season that there would be a prize, and for one reason or another, most of the guys just never put in their money. The commish still paid me the full prize out of his pocked, even though I told him he didn't have to. (Granted, it was only $50, but it's the principle that matters.)

If worse comes to worst, you could probably take the guy to small claims court to get the money. But I agree that he definitely shouldn't be allowed back in the league and definitely shouldn't be allowed to take any fees or anything like that if you do let him back in. That's absolutely unacceptable, and it's borderline theft...

I agree that he is responsible as is the co-commish. The one commish who said the money was stolen is crying poverty, etc so it would be like getting blood from a stone.

It is too bad, it was a good league that looks to be defunct because of this guy. Do you think the other commish should have to pay it out of his pocket and try and collect from his co-commish or is it between me and the other guy now?

I agree that he is responsible as is the co-commish. The one commish who said the money was stolen is crying poverty, etc so it would be like getting blood from a stone.

It is too bad, it was a good league that looks to be defunct because of this guy. Do you think the other commish should have to pay it out of his pocket and try and collect from his co-commish or is it between me and the other guy now?

If I was the commish who paid you, I'd say it's out of my hands (at least the payment part). Like everyone else says, the money was his responsibility. He doesn't pay, he's out of the league, and you just got rid of the league jerk for the low-low price of $400.

I never thought Id say this but this is a topic that WOULD belong on the main board.

house.punch.family

Seriously how can you go wrong with this approach :thumbsup:

Got stiffed by a college kid who said he had spent the money during the year. I finally got this explanation after he put me off for about 6 weeks.

He then told me he was raising money but that never went anywhere. He then told me He would have the money at the end of next semester.

I kept pressing him. Never swore at him and didn't call him out on a Lions message board we both frequented.

Finally told him I was taking him to court. We were both living in Michigan. I lived an hour and a half away from him which was fortunate. He then said he would borrow the money from his father and I got paid a week later.

The league folded after that. I Made sure I never played in another league with him.

A commish has maximum 6 weeks ( that might even be pushing it ) to pay up ! I am a commish and i make it a point to be sure everyone has theire money by the superbowl ( NFL ). To have that happen is BS take him to court.

I pay out the Tuesday after week 16. I even bring the money to their house. By that time I just want to get the money out of my hands.

I hate to burst your bubble but taking him to court will not do anything since ff football involving money is a form of gambling. If you want your cash you will probably have to break his legs. Seriously though, if he really did stiff you out of 400 bucks, I would consider waiting it out and then doing some type of vandalism to something he owns, like a car or his house. $400 is a lot of money to claim 'stolen' so he should for sure get his tires slashed or have some rude obcenities painted on his car or house. Just make sure you buy your materials in advance, have an alibi, and pay cash.