Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Would you do this trade ?

I give Caddy, Pittman , Kennison, Mark Clayton for C. Martin, C. Houston , Steve Smith , T. Taylor

Dynasty league and PPR

My team currently is

Hasselbeck

Delhomme

R. Brown

B. Westbrook

Caddy

moats

pittman

Wayne

Gallowat

Chambers

Clayton

Kennison

Crumpler

I would not do this trade. This trade basically comes down to Caddy and Clayton for Smith and Taylor. In a dynasty I would rather have Caddy and Clayton. Im just not big on Curtis Martin anymore. He may have one good yr left (though I would not count on it) and who knows if Houston is the long term answer.

I like your young trio of backs that you have now in Caddy, Brown, and Westbrook. I would not break that up.

Good luck

I think you're too worried about your receivers either not developing or the wheels falling off soon...

I would not do this trade at all. Mark Clayton looks like a promising player and you have enough with your receivers that they should continue to do well. I don't know why everyone thinks Joey Galloway is going to suddenly stink this year. I know he's been up and down, but I don't think he's going to lose his speed. I think the David Boston acquisition is more a cheap insurance to Michael Clayton not panning out.

Wayne and Chambers will do you fine. Clayton should surprise and Kennison/Stallworth are nice depth to plug in week to week. The only reason I see you doing this trade is to provide clarity for your lineup. You'll eliminate the guesswork of your backs and Wrs...but you also lose the depth.

I'd prefer to make the difficult choices than not have the talent.

I think you're too worried about your receivers either not developing or the wheels falling off soon...

I would not do this trade at all. Mark Clayton looks like a promising player and you have enough with your receivers that they should continue to do well. I don't know why everyone thinks Joey Galloway is going to suddenly stink this year. I know he's been up and down, but I don't think he's going to lose his speed. I think the David Boston acquisition is more a cheap insurance to Michael Clayton not panning out.

Wayne and Chambers will do you fine. Clayton should surprise and Kennison/Stallworth are nice depth to plug in week to week. The only reason I see you doing this trade is to provide clarity for your lineup. You'll eliminate the guesswork of your backs and Wrs...but you also lose the depth.

I'd prefer to make the difficult choices than not have the talent.

I read this a little late -- I made da deal :thumbsup: Just in PPR leagues WRs are worth a ton and it's a must start 3 WR's league I think Martin has another year in him I hope so anyway !

great analysis though -- keep up the great work Wildman !

Hey it's only advice...you'll probably be fine. I didn't know it was PPR, either so that might have made a difference as you mentioned.

Good luck!

Ugh...you had a nice RB core with Caddy and Ronnie. Now you have a WR that has one good year under his belt. Given you had Wayne and Chambers, I would have asked for more because WR was not a priority. In a Dynasty league, the best player in this trade is Caddy...but hey...you did it...good luck.

Agree with the masses. Caddy was a rookie last year and learning the system. I expect bigger numbers from caddy. I also see Chambers bustin out this year to a possible top five receiver. Wayne should continue to improve especially with the edge gone i see Payton flingin the ball all day. good luck