Sign in to follow this  
RaiderHaters Revenge

JJ Nelson week 2 sneaky start

I've noticed these speculative/educated guess pregame additions are the difference between the good teams and the bad in FAAB system.

Good call.

Yep. It's another way that FAAB ends up being great. Making a good call on a player early pays you back so excellently.

Sometimes you get a John Ross. Sometimes you get JJ Nelson. Good times!

I picked up JJ but honestly, I prefer John Brown not be there before I continue to insert him.

I picked up JJ but honestly, I prefer John Brown not be there before I continue to insert him.

That is true. JJ is a play as long as Brown is out. The Cardinals boundary WR position is good at racking up statistics. If that position is held by one player then that position on the field becomes valuable. If it is split by receivers as it has between Brown/Floyd or Brown/Nelson then it is like a muddled RBBC.

With the mess that is the Cowboys secondary Neslon looks like a solid play and if Brown stays out he has a great schedule over the next several weeks. You also have to start considering that if Nelson takes advantage of the next two weeks against the Cowboys and 49ers that he locks down the job. Arians as already said it is hard to keep going through this with Brown. At some point they have to consider just moving on because you can't have a player that makes it impossible to do long term planning.

had a solid week last week, John Brown is out

that is all

oh yah INDY

This was a nice call. props!

• Like 1

I added him before the game as well. Will be great if Brown stays out

I did the same on a whim and picked him up on the wire and it got me a win. Especially since Jordy scored no points on the same team! Sometimes luck wins out.

There was a time early in the week when Nelson was building block #1 when it came to mapping out which WRs I'd be starting for wk3.

Now we've got this doggone hamstring issue which inconveniently keeps popping up on the blurbs.

But considering what Siemian did to the DAL DEF last week, this is an opportunity that I'd really hate to pass up.

What are other Nelson holders doing ?

(If I sit him, I'll be playing somebody from my own squad; but outside options available to me include Week 3's "Sneaky Start" Kenny Stills :) and Nelson's counterpart Jaron Brown, who got 11 targets last week.)

i'm sitting him for crowder. was all set to replace the slow starting crowder with nelson after landing him on waivers this week but no way i'm taking the risk he doesn't play monday. here's hoping crowder breaks out this week.

i'm sitting him for crowder. was all set to replace the slow starting crowder with nelson after landing him on waivers this week but no way i'm taking the risk he doesn't play monday. here's hoping crowder breaks out this week.

Yeah I have Fitz anyway but was so tempted to double up. If JJ goes off then so be it, but at least the points are on my bench and won't be used against me.