Sign in to follow this  
bfros

Romo may have found his calling

Romo is doing a fantastic job calling the Pats/Saints game. Sounds like a vet doing color commentary.

Romo is doing a fantastic job calling the Pats/Saints game. Sounds like a vet doing color commentary.

Meh...just not feeling him.

Reminds me of a kid breathlessly recounting his day at Disney World.

he's been accurately calling the offensive plays before the snap, and even diagramming the defensive adjustments. dude knows football. I'm no R(h)omo, but the dude is making Rex Ryan look like a beatch.

well, he was a top 5 QB in his day. he probably would still be one if he could stay healthy.

problem is, hes super fragile now. if he were signed, he'd play well for 3-5 games and get hurt (again)

I'm loving his booth work.

With the Saints TD to Coleman today....yes it was awesome hearing him call out the route and receiver Bree's was going to just before the snap. It let me look there quickly and see it develop in real time......but even cooler may be when they show the replay and he explains what he saw and does so in a simple enough way to not only make sense to a simpleton like me, but now I have something to look for when watching games going forward.

Now I don't really love his voice/delivery yet, and some of the Madden like enthusiasm feels manufactured and annoying. But this is week 2 of his 25 year career.

I'm buying stock in him. I think he will be the top color commentary guy in the league for years to come.

He will be ok, just don't let him hold the mic.

He's killing it. Probably already my preferred listen.

Agreed.

Dude is a pro in the booth. Replaced Simms, anything after that was gravy. He's outstanding tho.

I think he did a great job. No complaints here.

Already better than Phil or Cris

• Like 1

I'm loving his booth work.

With the Saints TD to Coleman today....yes it was awesome hearing him call out the route and receiver Bree's was going to just before the snap. It let me look there quickly and see it develop in real time......but even cooler may be when they show the replay and he explains what he saw and does so in a simple enough way to not only make sense to a simpleton like me, but now I have something to look for when watching games going forward.

Now I don't really love his voice/delivery yet, and some of the Madden like enthusiasm feels manufactured and annoying. But this is week 2 of his 25 year career.

I'm buying stock in him. I think he will be the top color commentary guy in the league for years to come.

He's doing well! But you're right, it's like his voice isn't strong enough yet. Sounds kind of raspy and weak compared to the other guys. Maybe just needs more practice!