Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Best Horror Movie

What movie do you believe is the best horror movie out there? Children of the Corn? Friday 13th? Halloween?

Slasher film? I always liked Halloween and Friday the 13th.

There's some good thrillers sitting there on Netflix. Pontypool and Hush are decent.

I like the Paranormal Activity series too.

Slasher film? I always liked Halloween and Friday the 13th.

There's some good thrillers sitting there on Netflix. Pontypool and Hush are decent.

I like the Paranormal Activity series too.

It can be whatever. Doesn't have to be a slasher film. As a child I was scared of chunky and puppet masters lol

Halloween is my favorite. The music is and makes the movie.

But what scared the sh!t out of me was Phantasm.

Halloween is my favorite. The music is and makes the movie.

But what scared the sh!t out of me was Phantasm.

I'm not really into remakes but imo Rob Zombie's Halloween kicked the out of Carpenter's because of the backstory on Michael.

I won't say best but two that got to me were both stories from trilogies....

The first was Trilogy of Terror where that little vodoo doll came to life and terrorized the woman in the apartment and the second was from the original Night Gallery where the painting of the family graveyard that was just outside the mansion kept changing to reflect the murdered Uncle raising from the dead,step by step.

Dunno if it qualifies, but since Rob Zombie was mentioned - Loved both House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects.

Rob Zombie kicks ass at whatever he does.

• Like 1

I won't say best but two that got to me were both stories from trilogies....

The first was Trilogy of Terror where that little vodoo doll came to life and terrorized the woman in the apartment and the second was from the original Night Gallery where the painting of the family graveyard that was just outside the mansion kept changing to reflect the murdered Uncle raising from the dead,step by step.

Fock man I remember that dam voodoo doll. I actually read an article about the scariest tv show episodes where that one 15 minute episode was one of them. That dam thing was downright creepy without a dam show. The fact that it came to life made it worse

Fock man I remember that dam voodoo doll. I actually read an article about the scariest tv show episodes where that one 15 minute episode was one of them. That dam thing was downright creepy without a dam show. The fact that it came to life made it worse

Don't know about the best, but some of my favorites:

The Exorcist

A Stranger is Calling

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

An American Werewolf in London

If I had to pick one, it'd be The Exorcist.

Dunno if it qualifies, but since Rob Zombie was mentioned - Loved both House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects.

Love, love, love both those movies. It's got that 1980's B movie type cinematography and feel to them. He's got a new movie coming out. It's called 31. The trailer looks really good. Alot like those first two he made.

My favorites are the Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Evil Dead originals.

Last 10 years or so I really liked The Descent, Kill List and It Follows.

I'm not really into remakes but imo Rob Zombie's Halloween kicked the ###### out of Carpenter's because of the backstory on Michael.

This may be close to ban worthy

His wife :wub:

his movies :wub:

His music :doublethumbsup:

Salem, MA. 15 miles from me.

Most aren't scary, slasher films replace scary with gross to get a reaction from the audience. There are some enjoyable movies out there, though.

An American Werewolf in London

Friday the 13th (first movie)

Cabin In The Woods

Scream

The Birds

Lake Placid

Let The Right One In

Alien

Jeepers Creepers was a good modern one

First part of that movie was a scary and suspenseful As any movie I've ever seen. But sort of fizzled out towards the end.Still, would have been hard to maintain that level of suspense All the way through the movie.

The Exorcist

First part of that movie was a scary and suspenseful As any movie I've ever seen. But sort of fizzled out towards the end.Still, would have been hard to maintain that level of suspense All the way through the movie.

:thumbsup:

Movie would have been perfect if the killer wasn't a focking bat :doh:

Bats can be terrifying.

Just ask that cop in NY.

His wife :wub:

his movies :wub:

His music :doublethumbsup:

Where do you live?

As poster above said it would have been hard to keep up with the first half

I like to think they made the creature like they did as a tribute to campy horror movies

The Conjuring

The Exorcist

Salem's Lot was terrifying to me as a kid (it's probably stupid to watch now)

Babadook (sp)

I used to be deathly afraid of horror movies as a kid. Now nothing much scares me.

However, the conjuring drew me in pretty well.

I watched 31 the other night by Rob Zombie. Movie was focking dumb. Nothing near scary. Horrible acting.

I've watched 3 of his movies, and aside from being exceptionally raunchy, I don't find any of them to be frightening in any way.

An Inconvenient Truth

This was a horrible comedy not a horror movie.

The Conjuring

Salem's Lot was terrifying to me as a kid (it's probably stupid to watch now)

For more modern releases The Conjuring was the scariest I've seen in a long time.

Salem's Lot was actually made for tv not once but twice and imo they focked it up both times,like a lot of King's work the book is WAY better than any movie.

I spit on your grave

• Like 1

Not to get off topic but went there many years ago and took a tour of a village they had preserved to look like the days of the witch hunts.Don't know if still there but well worth the money to visit.

Not to get off topic but went there many years ago and took a tour of a village they had preserved to look like the days of the witch hunts.Don't know if still there but well worth the money to visit.

I've lived here my whole life minus 3 months and I've never done a single thing in Salem as far as that stuff.

I've lived here my whole life minus 3 months and I've never done a single thing in Salem as far as that stuff.

I live right off Salem common, have done a few of the tourist things. I recommend the Spirit of the Gables to anyone. Its a 45 minute live interaction acting tour thru the house.

The last good horror movie I saw was Cabin in the woods, amazing flick. everything else has been the same amityville "house has demons" lame jump scare, no one gets killed, nothing happens til 5 min left garbage recycled. Seriously like 15 in a row all like that. Before Cabin, The Ring was good, then you have Zombies amazing 1000corpses/rejects and I even loved his halloween remake. Before that Exorcist and Spielburgs poltergeist.

I live right off Salem common, have done a few of the tourist things. I recommend the Spirit of the Gables to anyone. Its a 45 minute live interaction acting tour thru the house.

wanna meat?