Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Another unarmed / cop shooting

You're a goddamned idiot Cruzer. A total fuckin idiot.

An AR-15 is a tool, for what?

Preventing:

Rape

Murder

Arson

Kidnapping

Malicious punishment of a child

Felony Burglary

Robbery

Aggravated Assault

When asked what an AR-15 is used for as a tool you listed such things as preventing kidnapping, arson and malicious punishment of a child - and I'm the idiot? :doh:

We don't know the full details of this shoot yet, and maybe there are other factors that played into... But I still can't imagine a scenario where a 66 year old woman, not wielding a firearm, knife, sword, grenade, explosive device or deadly chemical - but rather a bat - would warrant deadly force. Especially if I'm equipped with a stun gun, baton and my own physical facilities.

You attack a cop with a deadly weapon, you have every right to get shot...

attack :lol:

Tell us; oh genius one...what would you do?

Don't taze me bro

you don't think one in the foot will get the job done? she going to chase you around with a bullet in her foot.

how about a warning shot?

Yea ok pro tip for anyone: If I have a gun and you come at me with a bat, I am going to shoot you. HTH. Bonus tip: Dont come at someone who has a gun if you have a bat.

Cop did nothing wrong and took a psycho out of commission.

Tasers are a less than lethal weapon. Bats are a deadly weapon.

So, we all know we have certain bored trolls who would scream APPLE! if one said Orange. It's a form of attention getting - just hoping to gawd to be acknowledged in what I assume is an otherwise lonely world, best I can tell.

And, most of you know my bored history suggests that I'm not a fan of most of the BLM poster kids - who aren't 'perfect little angels" and who weren't "murdered in cold blood doing nothing wrong."

And, in most cases, I can see where reasonable minds can disagree on certain things. Hey, it's what spins this blg blue marble.

However, strip away your need to "win" at the Cyber for a minute and just ask yourself:

1) If you and four other friends came across a clearly disturbed 66 y.o woman who was swinging a baseball bat wildly, but had no one cornered and could be contained - and you had NO weapons of any kind - what would you do? Honestly.

2) Same scenario - but one of your friends pulls out a focking gun to shoot the woman? What do you tell the guy? Again, honestly.

3) To Tantastic's post: Same scenario, but , one of your friends has a gun AND a Taser - and you ALL have pepper spray, cuffs and batons What's your first move?

I think part of the reason for the :argue: :argue: that we see is because:

a) BLM types immediately go to one extreme and

B) We see responses like those contained in this thread - where the cop can do no wrong and people damn near snap a hammy doing all kinds of situational, logical and semantic gymnastics trying to automatically exonerate the cop - no matter what.

..Which is why I opened with "this one is going to hard to walk back" as opposed to FORKING PIG SHOULD GET THE DEATH PENALTY! or: N*****R GETS WHAT SHE DESERVES!

I'm trying to think of a mitigating factor here, but it reminds me a lot of that BART shooting where the rentacop had both a Taser and a Firearm - and chose the latter without ever employing the former.

Hard to imagine 1) Why other stand-off measures weren't employed and/or 2) How five ostensibly fit men with training in such situations couldn't at least first try something other than lethal force against a 66 y.o woman with (apparently known) mental issues and a history of interaction with the police - all of which previously, BTW, that didn't end with lethal force.

1) If you and four other friends came across a clearly disturbed 66 y.o woman who was swinging a baseball bat wildly, but had no one cornered and could be contained - and you had NO weapons of any kind - what would you do? Honestly.

Well I'd die.

Without a gun to shoot her in the belly, there can't possibly be another way of stopping death on my part

3) To Tantastic's post: Same scenario, but , one of your friends has a gun AND a Taser - and you ALL have pepper spray, cuffs and batons What's your first move?

Im putting the old lady down old west style. A bat to the head, you are dead. The taser might not stop a lady with pcp and other drugs, or maybe she throws it at me. Im not taking that chance. But ideally I would just taze her from the get go before she can reach for the bat. 1 warning, if she doesnt drop everything and stand still im tazing without a thought. If its gotten to the point where she has the bat in hand, im shooting.

On Wednesday morning, James O’Neill, the New York police commissioner, spoke bluntly about the shooting, telling reporters “we failed” and that he wanted to know why.

“Every life to me is precious,” O’Neill said during a briefing. “I think that we’ve been in this business a very long time, we’ve established procedures and protocols for handling emotionally disturbed people. That’s to keep everybody safe, that’s to keep the cops safe, the community safe and the person that we’re dealing with safe.”

O’Neill pledged that police and prosecutors would investigate this to “figure out what went wrong.”

I think we are losing sight of the real tragedy here: The fact that black people might protest this shooting. :thumbsup:

I think we are losing sight of the real tragedy here: The fact that black people might protest this shooting. :thumbsup:

That's right. As soon as they get off work, and drive their commute to get home, feed the dog, help the kids with their homework, have dinner, change clothes, make signs, and assemble peacefully in a non-threatening manner.

That's right. As soon as they get off work, and drive their commute to get home, feed the dog, help the kids with their homework, have dinner, change clothes, make signs, and assemble peacefully in a non-threatening manner.

Don't expect much. It happened in the Bronx. No one wants to go there, and the PC already threw the cop under the bus and the mayor is a communist with a black lesbian wife.

Don't expect much. It happened in the Bronx. No one wants to go there, and the PC already threw the cop under the bus and the mayor is a communist with a black lesbian wife.

I noticed that about the commissioner. Nice of him to stand up for his troops.

He was a good guy. The further up they go, the more they change.

Tasers are a less than lethal weapon. Bats are a deadly weapon.

In all seriousness, as a former officer - doesn't discretion come into play at some point? Aren't officers trained to observe, analyze and evaluate situations? What if a 13 year old boy comes at you with a bat - you emptying clips into him bcoz a bat is a deadly weapon? Is there really any difference between that and a 66 year old woman - really?

In all seriousness, as a former officer - doesn't discretion come into play at some point? Aren't officers trained to observe, analyze and evaluate situations? What if a 13 year old boy comes at you with a bat - you emptying clips into him bcoz a bat is a deadly weapon? Is there really any difference between that and a 66 year old woman - really?

Tell you what, I'll let you give granny one crack at your head with a baseball bat and then you can employ all the non-lethal and discretion you want. Let's just hope you don't suffer a serious brain injury. Oh yeah, you have 2 seconds to make the call in a shitehole Bronx apartment. Not some kid walking up to you on the street. Ok?

Geesus, could you BE any focking dumber?

The LADY was 66 you focking tard. :doh:

We need a law that states if you are over 65 you can Fock with an threaten the Police. You may as well add Black Males to that law too.

Problem solved, America is at peace

Tell you what, I'll let you give granny one crack at your head with a baseball bat and then you can employ all the non-lethal and discretion you want. Let's just hope you don't suffer a serious brain injury. Oh yeah, you have 2 seconds to make the call in a shitehole Bronx apartment. Not some kid walking up to you on the street. Ok?

She's 66, did her lightening fast reflexes catch them off guard? They were already on full alert, attention and at the ready from the scissors. Did she bolt to the he bat, at blinding speed, and surprise them with life threatening, deadly swings - really? No, really? She's no Medicare granny, she a ninja.

She's 66, did her lightening fast reflexes catch them off guard? They were already on full alert, attention and at the ready from the scissors. Did she bolt to the he bat, at blinding speed, and surprise them with life threatening, deadly swings - really? No, really? She's no Medicare granny, she a ninja.

Oh, you were there. Ok how big was this woman may I ask? I know once she had to be removed with a straight jacket prior. I guess she was just baking biscuits then too

We have so much BS zero tolerance in this country where is the zero tolerance on resisting arrest?

Should be punished...by death?

Oh, you were there. Ok how big was this woman may I ask? I know once she had to be removed with a straight jacket prior. I guess she was just baking biscuits then too

No I wasn't, neither were you - has that stopped you from forming a stance?

So in addition to this woman being 66, she was also large. Well that makes sense. The only thing faster on the draw than a 66 year old woman grabbing a bat is an overweight, large 66 year old woman drawing on a bat.

No I wasn't, neither were you - has that stopped you from forming a stance?

So in addition to this woman being 66, she was also large. Well that makes sense. The only thing faster on the draw than a 66 year old woman grabbing a bat is an overweight, large 66 year old woman drawing on a bat.

You're the one making a stance. I'm the one who said to wait for the Sgt's side of the story. Remember?

You're the one making a stance. I'm the one who said to wait for the Sgt's side of the story. Remember?

Apologies, I truly didn't se that.. Likewise, I said there must be more to the story.

I'm all for officers, and always give them the 1st benefit of the doubt. Just trying to make the math work here - it seems off from what we've been told so far.

Apologies, I truly didn't se that.. Likewise, I said there must be more to the story.

I'm all for officers, and always give them the 1st benefit of the doubt. Just trying to make the math work here - it seems off from what we've been told so far.

Shite happens fast in apartments. There was a young cop in the Bronx who died on a domestic call who got pushed into a glass table and it shattered and cut his femeral artery. He was just getting in the middle of an argument. Another cop had his neck broke and died when the EDP charged him and pushed him over a railing 3 stories up. Many instances of things going bad real fast in small places.

Not really sure what you'd expect the PC to say when it's five armed cops against a loony 66 year-old with a Louisville Slugger.

"Well, it SEEMED like a fair fight...."

Not really sure what you'd expect the PC to say when it's five armed cops against a loony 66 year-old with a Louisville Slugger.

"Well, it SEEMED like a fair fight...."

Yup. 5 cops lined up abreast facing down granny. In an apartment. Thats how it went down.

Yup. 5 cops lined up abreast facing down granny. In an apartment. Thats how it went down.

You should want them to line up in a Conga Line? :banana:

You should want them to line up in a Conga Line? :banana:

It usually ends up with some cops in front and some behind. Tight space, usually poorly lit.

Odd the officer(s) didn't have a Taser ready while the lady had the scissors. They'd be considered a weapon, same as the bat would. The lady obviously had problems, two to the chest doesn't seem like a good solution.

Listening to your stupid banter is like sitting a dinner table with a mechanic and a doctor, and the mechanic keeps telling the doctor how he's doing his job wrong.

You have no damned idea what you're talking about, yet you're certain you KNOW.

According to the Geek Club the blacks who protest police shootings don't have jobs, commutes or dogs, don't help their kids with homework or make dinner, and most certainly should die in a fire. :thumbsup:

According to the Geek Club the blacks who protest police shootings don't have jobs, commutes or dogs, don't help their kids with homework or make dinner, and most certainly should die in a fire. :thumbsup:

I'm honored. You think my thoughts represent the entirety of the Geek Club.

:wub:

Speaking for myself, I don't think they should die in a fire. As for the rest of it....spot on. Wait, some have dogs. Pit Bulls mostly.

Listening to your stupid banter is like sitting a dinner table with a mechanic and a doctor, and the mechanic keeps telling the doctor how he's doing his job wrong.

You have no damned idea what you're talking about, yet you're certain you KNOW.

If you've paid attention at all you would know that I've said there's prolly more to the story. Any and all opinions are formed solely on what's been made available to us - not conjecture. If you've also paid attention, most of my comments involve questions - trying to get to bottom of why it was this woman had to be shot. If it turns out the shoot was just - cool, she had it coming.

NY Police Commissioner James O'Neill: "We failed" ....... and speaking on protocols governing such calls "“it looks like some of those procedures weren’t followed.”

NY Mayor Bill de Blasio: “It should never have happened. It’s as simple as that. It should never have happened.”

I don't know about you, but to the rest of us with out heads not up our asses - these kind of remarks from the top of the food chain brass make you stop and wonder, what really happened? Why are these guys saying they failed if she had it coming?

If you've paid attention at all you would know that I've said there's prolly more to the story. Any and all opinions are formed solely on what's been made available to us - not conjecture. If you've also paid attention, most of my comments involve questions - trying to get to bottom of why it was this woman had to be shot. If it turns out the shoot was just - cool, she had it coming.

NY Police Commissioner James O'Neill: "We failed" ....... and speaking on protocols governing such calls "it looks like some of those procedures werent followed.

NY Mayor Bill de Blasio: It should never have happened. Its as simple as that. It should never have happened.

I don't know about you, but to the rest of us with out heads not up our asses - these kind of remarks from the top of the food chain brass make you stop and wonder, what really happened? Why are these guys saying they failed if she had it coming?

First of all, Deblasio? Know anything about him? Dismiss anything he has to say. As far as o'Neill goes, he is taking a lot of heat about his comments. Don't forget they Deblasio can get rid of him at any time. And Fock O'Neill, he threw a good rep right I the toilet and people are going to get hurt and killed because of his mouth. He focked up big time.