Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Another unarmed / cop shooting

First of all, Deblasio? Know anything about him? Dismiss anything he has to say. As far as o'Neill goes, he is taking a lot of heat about his comments. Don't forget they Deblasio can get rid of him at anything time. And Rock O'Neill, he threw a good rep right I the toilet and people are going to get hurt and killed because of his mouth. He focked up big time.

Perhaps... But still, those are two of the biggest stroke people you're going to get.... Taking heat or not, seems awfully strange to have the Commish come out so soon and concede fault of some kind when all the resident experts here have already adamantly acquitted the officer.

Perhaps... But still, those are two of the biggest stroke people you're going to get.... Taking heat or not, seems awfully strange to have the Commish come out so soon and concede fault of some kind when all the resident experts here have already adamantly acquitted the officer.

It sure is strange. And wrong and stupid. It's done to placate the masses. Riots are bad for biz

Times are a changing.....placating the mob is now the thing to do, justice....well, it matters less.....

Cruzer, I started another thread about this topic, with the focus on why this happened.

One firearms trainer (and cop) gives his thoughts. Ultimately, it was a lack of proper training.

Cruzer, I started another thread about this topic, with the focus on why this happened.

One firearms trainer (and cop) gives his thoughts. Ultimately, it was a lack of proper training.

In that cops opinion. Who admits he doesn't know the level of training and/or background of the officer in question. He just assumes the cop has the skills of the typical average cop but has no actual knowledge regarding the cop in question. IOW, his opinion is based on very limited information.

In that cops opinion. Who admits he doesn't know the level of training and/or background of the officer in question. He just assumes the cop has the skills of the typical average cop but has no actual knowledge regarding the cop in question. IOW, his opinion is based on very limited information.

But....the only opinions that matter are those who have never done the job.....right? /sarcasm

But....the only opinions that matter are those who have never done the job.....right? /sarcasm

No kidding, right? At least that guys' done the job for years and teaches people.

You can't make it up.

I'm usually the first one to defend cops in these situations. But in order for that to have credibility I have to acknowledge when it appears they didn't act properly as well. And I just can't see how a competent cop is unable to resolve this situation without killing the woman. I just can't.

I was reading that - and I can totally get on board with that line of thinking. I have no question that training (or lack thereof) has a lot to do with, not only with this shoot, but others as well... I think HT had some good points too. The candidates they are brining in now maybe aren't the best fit for the job. Having somebody being able to pass a written exam and being capable of handing a one-on-one, real life, confrontation seem miles apart.

EIGHT YEARS ON THE JOB. EIGHT YEARS. EIGHT. FOCKING. YEARS.

Really?

Some pup fresh outta the academy? Maybe.

I defiantly do not think you should be shooting cops with no arms.

Agreed...often like people speculating on medical cases having never examined the person, medical records, or even talking to a doctor who has.

though, I would say that more training is needed in law enforcement.