Sign in to follow this  
Kanil

Pats fans are a bunch of...

... decent people. Just spent the weekend in Boston and went to quite a few bars wearing some sort of Bronco gear and didn't get harassed much at all (obviously friendly ribbing here and there but nothing douchy). Went to a big sports bar and watched the Pats game and the only fans I saw that were anything but great were the Bengals fans who were talking big ###### when they were up and got awfully quiet, awfully quickly.

I'm starting to think it's just that guys like Ed, Patsfatboi, Drobs, TD Ryan etc.. are buttholes because they're part of the geek club and has nothing to do with the Pats.

What is, lucky to be blessed with the greatest qb,coach and franchise in the history of the NFL?

QB is in the discussion

Coach is undisputed

Franchise is in the discussion

QB is in the discussion

Coach is undisputed

Franchise is in the discussion

Franchise gets in discussion when they get 6. Fans are fair weather as can be. Coach is the standard coaches will be judged against. QB is one of the best ever. One of, not the.

Actually not going to hijack and start a spermoff about Baltimore.

What I learned on my Baltimore/DC trip

We don't talk smack, but we don't take people talking shiot about us too kindly.

:thumbsup:

Didn't I pay up on my bet? We don't talk smack, but we don't take people talking shiot about us too kindly.

Pfffft. You guys are to used to talking smack to jets and bills fans. Can't handle it when other teams that gave the pats their lunch step up.

Fans are fair weather as can be.

I'll take the bait...

lemme' 'splain how it is - Boston / New England is a 4 sport town... and all 4 teams have been championship caliber both recently and historically... the fans around here DEMAND that their teams/owners compete... if a Boston team puts a crap product out there, the fans won't support it.

Boston fans are critical / demanding / and informed. It's part of the culture around here - you grow up with it.

Boston could never be the "lovable losers" that the Cubs have been - the fanbase simply won't tolerate it even if it means generations of anger an misery over it.

So while you call it "fair weather", I prefer to think of it as demanding. Boston teams better bring it at a high level or the fanbase isn't going to pay your rent, consume your garbage product, and buy the shirts of losers.

I'll take the bait...

lemme' 'splain how it is - Boston / New England is a 4 sport town... and all 4 teams have been championship caliber both recently and historically... the fans around here DEMAND that their teams/owners compete... if a Boston team puts a crap product out there, the fans won't support it.

Boston fans are critical / demanding / and informed. It's part of the culture around here - you grow up with it.

Boston could never be the "lovable losers" that the Cubs have been - the fanbase simply won't tolerate it even if it means generations of anger an misery over it.

So while you call it "fair weather", I prefer to think of it as demanding. Boston teams better bring it at a high level or the fanbase isn't going to pay your rent, consume your garbage product, and buy the shirts of losers.

How were things in the 80's? Didnt win enough then?

Pfffft. You guys are to used to talking smack to jets and bills fans. Can't handle it when other teams that gave the pats their lunch step up.

I don't talk smack unless someone brings it first. Doesn't mean that much to me.

I don't talk smack unless someone brings it first. Doesn't mean that much to me.

No fun

How were things in the 80's? Didnt win enough then?

I don't know what you are asking here.

But the '80s in Boston sports were a great era.

Bruins: had the great Bourque/Neely teams that lost to the Greatest Ever Gretzky/Edmonton teams

Celtics: were a dynasty in the greatest era of the NBA. Celtics/Lakers/Sixers/Pistons games are among the greatest ever

Red Sox: Had some great teams/players with Rice / Clemens / Boggs but couldn't win it all

Patriots: had poor ownership but some great players with Hannah / Grogan / Morgan.

Of course the Celtics dominated then. And hockey got a boost in the 80s after the Olympics and b/c the Bruins were really good.

Again, I'm just not sure what your point here is.

What about Boston sports in the 80's?

Bruins: had the great Bourque/Neely teams that lost to the Greatest Ever Gretzky/Edmonton teams

Celtics: were a dynasty in the greatest era of the NBA. Celtics/Lakers/Sixers/Pistons games are among the greatest ever

Red Sox: Had some great teams/players with Rice / Clemens / Boggs but couldn't win it all

Patriots: had poor ownership but some great players with Hannah / Grogan / Morgan.

Of course the Celtics dominated then. And hockey got a boost in the 80s after the Olympics and b/c the Bruins were really good.

Uh, you left out the Pats and their attendance issues and wanting to move. Why would they ever want to leave?

Warning: Do Not Feed The Trolls

Didn't I pay up on my bet? We don't talk smack, but we don't take people talking shiot about us too kindly.

Absolutely. Just busting your balls.

Actually have a decent story about the Bengals fan.

I was walking to take a piss and there was a Pats fan in front of me. The Bengals fans were seated right next to where you had to walk to get to the bathroom and as we're walking but he looks at the Pats fan and says "WHATS THE SCORE?" all cocky and douche like. The Pats fan just smiles and walks past.

As we're walking in I tell the Pats fan it's a little early for that guy to be talking ###### so he finishes pissing and says "watch this". He walks out of the bathroom without washing his hands and gives the dude a high five that turns into a handshake with both his hands wrapping around the Bengals fans hand. Was awesome.

Uh, you left out the Pats and their attendance issues and wanting to move. Why would they ever want to leave?

1st off, the PATS didn't want to leave. James Orthwein who had owned the Patriots for like a second, was threatening to move them to St. Louis

Kraft swooped in and saved the Patriots, the stadium, everything. Pats fans owe him more than they ever know.

1st off, the PATS didn't want to leave. James Orthwein who had owned the Patriots for like a second, was threatening to move them to St. Louis

Kraft swooped in and saved the Patriots, the stadium, everything. Pats fans owe him more than they ever know.

What about Hartford? Who was going to bring them there? Hartford, the most boring city in America. That was Kraft if I recall. In 1998, 2 years removed from a SB appearance.

What about Hartford? Who was going to bring them there? Hartford, the most boring city in America. That was Kraft if I recall.

He was using it as leverage to buy the stadium if I remember, or get a new stadium built.

What about Hartford? Who was going to bring them there? Hartford, the most boring city in America. That was Kraft if I recall.

You are correct about that one. He first wanted to take the team downtown, but couldn't get that going. He wanted concessions from the state for road infrastructure to keep the team in Foxboro, but couldn't get any of that done. Hartford welcomed him with $1B in money, so he was moving the team. Changes happen in MA state government and they offer some concessions, so Kraft backs out of CT. Good thing that he did as he would have lost a lot of people and the area around the stadium is damn nice.

What about Hartford? Who was going to bring them there? Hartford, the most boring city in America. That was Kraft if I recall. In 1998, 2 years removed from a SB appearance.

Hartford is in New England at least.

Your Giants are a New Jersey team... but we don't have little d!ck syndrome so we don't harp on this with you. Congrats again on those SB's, your team was better on those days... but that's a New Jersey win right there... even your great coach, Parcells was a New Jersey guy. Cry all you want about where the New England Patriots play but your New Jersey Giants SHARE an out of state stadium... really, it's a lot more pathetic than anything you're bringing to the table here.

That glass house, you share in New Jersey with that other loser is getting destroyed right now.

Your Giants are a New Jersey team... but we don't have little d!ck syndrome so we don't harp on this with you. Congrats again on those SB's, your team was better on those days... but that's a New Jersey win right there... even your great coach, Parcells was a New Jersey guy. Cry all you want about where the New England Patriots play but your New Jersey Giants SHARE an out of state stadium... really, it's a lot more pathetic than anything you're bringing to the table here.

That glass house, you share in New Jersey with that other loser is getting destroyed right now.

Ouch. I think you destroyed what little pride he had left :lol:

Sorry, NY city doesn't have plots of land going unused. We're full. Last I checked they were the NY Football Giants. Enjoyed those two parades down the canyon of heros though. Thanks

Ouch.

Sorry, NY city doesn't have plots of land going unused. We're full. Last I checked they were the NY Football Giants. Enjoyed those two parades down the canyon of heros though. Thanks

Where did they build the new Yankees stadium? Mid air?

Across the street from the old one. Kinda tight in that area.

I'm sure all those sh1t buildings and the projects could easily be demolished. Not exactly doing much for anyone anyway

I'm sure all those sh1t buildings and the projects could easily be demolished. Not exactly doing much for anyone anyway

No one believe that you're a Pats fan. Or anything else you say. Run along, granny needs her bed pan changed.

Across the street from the old one. Kinda tight in that area.

I know where they put it. Just saying there *IS* land if they wanted to put a football stadium there. It's the freaking Giants

NY Football Giants. Enjoyed those two parades down the canyon of heros though. Thanks

yeah - but the Giants share a fockin stadium in New Jersey... and you freely admit that NY doesn't have room for them?

Holy Fock, BOTH of those teams can't combine for as many wins as NE racks up, by themselves, in their own stadium.

You're a Junior Varsity focker that's just happy because you scored a couple of times on the big kids.

I know, I know... NY > Boston... YOU AIN'T New York!

Have your parades wherever you want... maybe you otta' have them in New Orleans if you're just gonna' pick someplace you like... NO is a great parade place... maybe Atlantic City would be a more appropriate parade place for your New Jersey Giants... make it a Blue and Green parade.

so please... stop ignoring your own warts... it only prove how fully the New England Patriots live RMFF in your head.

yeah - but the Giants share a fockin stadium in New Jersey... and you freely admit that NY doesn't have room for them?

Holy Fock, BOTH of those teams can't combine for as many wins as NE racks up, by themselves, in their own stadium.

You're a Junior Varsity focker that's just happy because you scored a couple of times on the big kids.

I know, I know... NY > Boston... YOU AIN'T New York!

Have your parades wherever you want... maybe you otta' have them in New Orleans if you're just gonna' pick someplace you like... NO is a great parade place... maybe Atlantic City would be a more appropriate parade place for your New Jersey Giants... make it a Blue and Green parade.

so please... stop ignoring your own warts... it only prove how fully the New England Patriots live RMFF in your head.

Last I checked, the Giants have 4 rings, just as many as the Pats. How does that make them the JV to your varsity? And what took them so long to get 4? And I don't care about the Jets, FYI.

And I won't bring up the cheating. That's for the less successful teams that didn't whoop the pats twice in the SB

Last I checked, the Giants have 4 rings, just as many as the Pats. How does that make them the JV to your varsity? And what took them so long to get 4? And I don't care about the Jets, FYI.

Thanks to Coughlin.... One of the better coaches of his generation, and a stand up guy as well...

Damn... adding TD Ryan to the OP!

It's like watching an 8 year old get spanked by an adult :lol:

Damn... adding TD Ryan to the OP!

you want to start... I'll finish it.

I'm a perfectly nice guy. As long as you want to get along.

Hardcour is a trolling douche and deserves every Josh Browning I give to him.

Whatever you say... sir. :ninja:

Hahaha :lol: Josh Browning :lol: