Sign in to follow this  
Matt Mueller

Levon Bell Missed Drug Test-4 Games?

ESPN's Dan Graziano reports Steelers RB Le'Veon Bell is facing a four-game suspension after missing a drug test.

Pittsburgh radio personality Mark Madden was first on this over a month ago, and the rumor appears to be true. Madden received word that Bell skipped a drug test, which in the eyes of the NFL is the same as failing a test. Bell will obviously appeal it, but it sounds like he's not going to be available the first month of the season. Knock him down several pegs in the fantasy rankings, as he's now clearly behind David Johnson, Todd Gurley, Adrian Peterson, and Ezekiel Elliott. Look for DeAngelo Williams to do the heavy lifting in September, with Antonio Brown becoming even more of the focal point of the offense.

This guy's becoming a hard redraft DND for me. Maybe there is value here if he slips and you can assure yourself DWill later but that's becoming tougher by the minute.

He's gonna move from late handcuff to midround RB stab IMO.

Where to take Deangelo was my first thought. A month of him with fresh legs looks real good.

However, we need to see what happens with the appeal process first.

[Afroman voice]

Bell was gonna go get tested

But then he got high

He was gonna play football again

But then he got high

Now the Steelers fans are pissed

and I know why

because Bell got high

because Bell got high

because Bell got high

[Afroman voice]

• Like 2

The nice thing is the Steelers play the Redskins week 1.

Go Skins!

[Afroman voice]

But then he got high

But then he got high

and I know why

because Bell got high

because Bell got high

because Bell got high

[Afroman voice]

:D

I own him in two dynasties :(

You can take the thug out of the hood...

As far as I know his only issues have been marijuana related. I don't think marijuana is limited to "thugs".

Wow this is unreal .

These guys just don't get it .

Time to cut the cord and let these guys go and get a real job .

Le'veon Bell's early September ADP last season when facing two-game suspension was No.2 overall behind Adrian Peterson.

I've had him as my No.6 RB until we got confirmation that would be available for Week 1, which was in doubt even though most assumed he would be ready. I don't see my ranking of him changing too much on this news, but he will drop into Tier2 and maybe a spot behind Elliott.

Le'veon Bell's early September ADP last season when facing two-game suspension was No.2 overall behind Adrian Peterson.

I've had him as my No.6 RB until we got confirmation that would be available for Week 1, which was in doubt even though most assumed he would be ready. I don't see my ranking of him changing too much on this news, but he will drop into Tier2 and maybe a spot behind Elliott.

There is a legit question whether he can stay away from stuff that will cause him to fail tests again at this point. There are legit physical questions surrounding how his body performs following rehab as well as questions about on-going injury history. Minus 4 games..............................much better risk reward plays at that point in the draft, has to be dropped much further IMO......... but to each his own.

Edit: Oh, and legit questions about his truthfulness while I'm at it. Why would he so emphatically lie about there being any issue after the report a month ago. There's like 100 ways to avoid or skirt that question so as not to call your own integrity into question at a later date...which you know is coming........don't get it.

I just don't get it. People say all the time that marijuana should just be legalized in the NFL but in a way it already is. The players know when they will get tested. All they have to do is stay off marijuana for a certain period of time and smoke as much as they want the rest of that time. Now with millions of dollars on the line you have to be either a true addict or a true idiot to not be able to pass a drug test.

I was avoiding him because he was returning from injury. Glad I did. Glad I picked up DWill. Wish he could get his act together. There will be plenty of time to party for folks like Bell, Gordon, and Blackmon when their careers are over.

Where does DWill go in redraft now? 5th round?

Too high for my liking. Honestly, unless I get the #1 pick, I'm probably avoiding the Steelers this year.

So, I have him as one of my 2 keepers in a two RB keeper re-draft league. I could instead keep Rawls (my other keeper is Hyde).

As a strategy move, would you all keep Rawls or Bell now?

[Afroman voice]

But then he got high

But then he got high

and I know why

because Bell got high

because Bell got high

because Bell got high

[Afroman voice]

Towelie's voice from South Park.

Well that puts a damper on my draft expectations for him

This has to increase Browns stock slightly at least, right?

Not sure how you raise the stock of the #1 ranked WR, possibly the #1 player in pprs

I wonder what this does to his looming free agency. One more mistake and he's gone for a year, correct? Throw in the games he has missed (late season) and his rap song about wanting $15 million per season is sounding pathetic. How much guaranteed money do you give a player, or a signing bonus, when they are one screw up away from no longer playing for a full season? If this were a different team, I may think he would still be back in 2017, and maybe he will under the Franchise Tag. I don't see the Steelers, and that ownership group, paying him like a top 2 or 3 RB with his ailments and stupid decisions.

As for where I would draft him... Wow. At this point, I'm not certain. He will go earlier than I would be willing to spend a draft pick, so it's sort of a moot point. I bet he doesn't fall past the late 2nd round, even in redraft. Some of the "expert" players look for values like this and are willing to spend a late 2nd or high 3rd on a guy who has potential to be the best PPR RB in the league from week 5 on. I'll pass at that price I think.

Not sure how you raise the stock of the #1 ranked WR, possibly the #1 player in pprs

Yeah, he just helped Antonio. I can't imagine how many targets this guy is going to get.

The nice thing is the Steelers play the Redskins week 1.

Go Skins!

I kind of wish Oakland played the Steelers this year, Bell or no Bell. Damn, first Bryant now this. Ben's gonna be pissed.

This will help the stock of D Williams , not to sure how much higher Brown can go since he his ranked number one .

This will help the stock of D Williams , not to sure how much higher Brown can go since he his ranked number one .

Bumps up L. Green a touch too... Maybe Wheaton or Coates. All other passing targets but at the same time Dwill looked more than capable there.

Agree about Green

I didn't mean draft stock. I meant overall value. Like if someone were to trade Brown away.

It would have to be someone allergic to championships.........................lol

Think about it though, the extra bump in tgts means his FLOOR is probably #1 WR...........lol

Now he is the safest #1 PPR pick in the history of FF...................you know what that means though

It would have to be someone allergic to championships.........................lol

Think about it though, the extra bump in tgts means his FLOOR is probably #1 WR...........lol

Now he is the safest #1 PPR pick in the history of FF...................you know what that means though

Yeah he is on my Shark Pool team so everyone should probably sell

<p>

This one still has me a bit :dunno:

Crowes making moves! He always got the better deal when I tried to trade with him. I guessed wrong on like every deal with him.

So the Steelers plans of going for two after every td now might change . I'm just saying .

This team is a wreak .

Time for a new leader / Coach ?

Crowes making moves! He always got the better deal when I tried to trade with him. I guessed wrong on like every deal with him.

I've only gotten paragraph texts about potential ideas for trades. Love that cat. :bandana:

[Afroman voice]

But then he got high

But then he got high

and I know why

because Bell got high

because Bell got high

because Bell got high

[Afroman voice]

Haha good stuff

I've only gotten paragraph texts about potential ideas for trades. Love that cat. :bandana:

Usually it's a 4 pager for me. And I'm not in the league any more.

So the Steelers plans of going for two after every td now might change . I'm just saying .

This team is a wreak .

Time for a new leader / Coach ?

You must have not noticed how many games Bell missed last year. Still went for 2

If Bell slides in enough in ADP, I am gonna target him. Just gives him 4 more games to recover from injury and the offense to gel.

Loved DWill last year, but I am gun shy. We have seen him go from stud to dud in a year before, when he was in Carolina.....and he is no spring chick. Almost obligated to secure him a handcuff though.