Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Cheating in professional sports

Does it bother you at all? I think it's sad, but it seems to be so prevelant. I just couldn't imagine deciding to collude with someone and cheat as an adult. I'm also not a professional athlete, so maybe that's why?

The evil way to control people is to set up the system so that the only way to be successful is to cheat. Once everyone is cheating, then you collect evidence on everyone and force them to do your bidding under threat that if they disobey, their cheating will be exposed. You can identify the people in such a system that are not "going along with the program" because they get attacked for being cheaters. I guess if you watch the film "The Firm" with Tom Cruise and Wilford Brimley you see an example. The way the mafia controls its lawyers is to get dirt on them ASAP, such as when they took photos of Cruise's character on the beach with his wife. So maybe you set up a sports league where basically everyone has to be on illegal substances to compete, then if you want to get rid of them, let the media leak it.

Fun Fact. Wilford Brimley was 59 years old when the Firm hit theaters. Tom Cruise is 56 years old today. Both actors are 51 in these images:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CBVy5GlWUAA6eLX.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CBVy5G3WsAAhZg_.png

I love how baseball players think that if a runner on second base steals signs it's cheating. "OK everybody, I'm going to give a secret signal to my pitcher now. Turn your heads away."

As far as cheating, how much can a team actually do? Anyway, sports is just a drama tv show. Whatever comes up is just another twist in the plot. Pure entertainment, nothing else but that.

I love how baseball players think that if a runner on second base steals signs it's cheating. "OK everybody, I'm going to give a secret signal to my pitcher now. Turn your heads away."

As far as cheating, how much can a team actually do? Anyway, sports is just a drama tv show. Whatever comes up is just another twist in the plot. Pure entertainment, nothing else but that.

They could sign Peter Dinklage as a hitter and his strike zone is so awkward that he would walk every time.

They could sign Peter Dinklage as a hitter and his strike zone is so awkward that he would walk every time.

Good ole Bill Veeck beat you to it a long time ago.

Tens of thousands of games have been played in the history of Major League Baseball. But on August 19th, 1951, the strangest baseball at-bat ever recorded took place in Sportsman's Park in St. Louis. It was on that day, sixty years ago, that a 3'7" player came to bat. Edward Carl Gaedel was born on June 8, 1925.

https://www.neatorama.com/2011/08/19/the-strangest-at-bat-in-history/

As a Patriots fan I am appalled an organization would use sneaky camera tricks to obtain an unfair advantage.

Truly disgusting and the Astros will forever be known as the the Asterisks.

:mad:

As a Patriots fan I am appalled an organization would use sneaky camera tricks to obtain an unfair advantage.

:doublethumbsup:

americans cheat and lie without repercussion, we expect it from each other.

This makes no sense. Typical from you though.

:lol:

Cheating on professional sports

Is that when you watch youth sports? :huh:

Professional sports are just reality TV shows a lot of people like to watch. What is all this outrage over a television program?

Professional sports are just a reality TV show a lot of people like to watch. What is all this outrage over a television program?

Have you come here to purposely not make sense in your posts?

Correct. For the most part cheating the system or someone else is something we tend to gleefully talk about, as if that act of taking advantage of someone else is a moral thing worthy of praise.

Correct. For the most part cheating the system or someone else is something we tend to gleefully talk about, as if that act of taking advantage of someone else is a moral thing worthy of praise.

Who does that other than lawyers and poor people that don't want to go to work?

Well, for one thing, anybody involved in Commerce. Specifically, Commodities Trading. Though the same thing could be said for Real Estate, financial instruments, Etc.

The very concept of a trading floor and a trading desk and trading in general is taking advantage of someone else. The reason it continues to work more or less? Because the other guy thinks he's taking advantage of you.

I'll guarantee you, that at any time you read this particular post now or in the future. Day or night, there are two people on the planet thinking boy, I really screwed this guy! And they're thinking that about each other.

On a more local note? Have you ever met somebody who openly admitted to you that they got screwed by a dealer? Of course not. We're all master negotiators. And yet, somehow, car dealers are some of the richest guys in our local communities.

The examples go on and on.

Well, for one thing, anybody involved in Commerce. Specifically, Commodities Trading. Though the same thing could be said for Real Estate, financial instruments, Etc.

The very concept of a trading floor and a trading desk and trading in general is taking advantage of someone else. The reason it continues to work more or less? Because the other guy thinks he's taking advantage of you.

I'll guarantee you, that at any time you read this particular post now or in the future. Day or night, there are two people on the planet thinking boy, I really screwed this guy! And they're thinking that about each other.

On a more local note? Have you ever met somebody who openly admitted to you that they got screwed by a dealer? Of course not. We're all master negotiators. And yet, somehow, car dealers are some of the richest guys in our local communities.

Nah. I just take care of my own money and things and leave other people's stuff alone. And if you use the term screwed by a dealer, you are not taking care of yourself. Sure some businesses have more greed than others, but live your life simple and pick and choose who and what you support.

I'm not saying people out there don't try to screw other people out of money or whatever, it's just flat out wrong to say this is strictly everyone in the the US thing. Or even throughout the world.

How can people be so paranoid to think that everyone is out to get them?

It is rampant in all aspects of society in one form or another. Sports is the easy one. Think of how many times you have been witness to someone celebrating how they got over on someone, or some company, or whatever the situation. Usually the people in the audience are in high-five mode....we celebrate cheating as a win, because when you don't have something that someone else does, and you manage to get it without compensating the other person we treat you like Robin Hood.....its pretty sick

• Like 1

It is rampant in all aspects of society in one form or another. Sports is the easy one. Think of how many times you have been witness to someone celebrating how they got over on someone, or some company, or whatever the situation. Usually the people in the audience are in high-five mode....we celebrate cheating as a win, because when you don't have something that someone else does, and you manage to get it without compensating the other person we treat you like Robin Hood.....its pretty sick

Who is cheating on what? Are you talking about robbery? Assault? I'm not sure.

Simply talking sports, I don't care if they cheat each other because it is simply a reality TV show. Nothing more.

I know, right? It's like that time I totally raped some dude who bought my house for what it was worth. I felt so great committing that fraud, but in America we celebrate people selling things for what they are worth. We are a sad, disgusting society!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Who is cheating on what? Are you talking about robbery? Assault? I'm not sure.

Simply talking sports, I don't care if they cheat each other because it is simply a reality TV show. Nothing more.

It could be taxes, it could be just about anything, its not the specific act, its the cultural aspect to which I am pointing at, too often we either allow cheating or celebrate it, in ANY aspect.

Sports is the easy one to point to, because you can observe the behavior readily, some people will steal or cheat and hide it, because they know it is wrong, but still do it.

I know, right? It's like that time I totally raped some dude who bought my house for what it was worth. I felt so great committing that fraud, but in America we celebrate people selling things for what they are worth. We are a sad, disgusting society!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Here is another example, we celebrate unearned gains because we "can do it", as if stealing from someone else is a win, its built in to our culture.

Nah. I just take care of my own money and things and leave other people's stuff alone. And if you use the term screwed by a dealer, you are not taking care of yourself. Sure some businesses have more greed than others, but live your life simple and pick and choose who and what you support.

I'm not saying people out there don't try to screw other people out of money or whatever, it's just flat out wrong to say this is strictly everyone in the the US thing. Or even throughout the world.

How can people be so paranoid to think that everyone is out to get them?

I suppose you don't believe we need a border wall?

If you aint cheatin you aint tryin

That is the sports-based mantra, but that philosophical approach does not end on the playing field.

It could be taxes, it could be just about anything, its not the specific act, its the cultural aspect to which I am pointing at, too often we either allow cheating or celebrate it, in ANY aspect.

Sports is the easy one to point to, because you can observe the behavior readily, some people will steal or cheat and hide it, because they know it is wrong, but still do it.

I'm not really biting on this one as I don't think the majority of people work cheating into their daily lifestyle. I absolutly believe a ton of people commit crimes all over the world, but cheating people out of their money? Then the cheated just need to wise up.

Now if you should bring up perscription medicines, then I would have to bow out of that discussion.

I'm not really biting on this one as I don't think the majority of people work cheating into their daily lifestyle. I absolutly believe a ton of people commit crimes all over the world, but cheating people out of their money? Then the cheated just need to wise up.

Now if you should bring up perscription medicines, then I would have to bow out of that discussion.

Fair enough :thumbsup:

What about prescription meds? People deceiving doctors to get opioids?

This. But you can always opt out of the negotiations process.

have i introduced you to my friend, the nigerian prince?

I don't know what this says, but I would think less of a person if they cheated at cards than if they cheated on their wife.