Sign in to follow this  
drobeski

***Official Super Bowl LI Thread*** Patriots vs Falcons

I'll take the Pats by 16, this ain't no green bay defense or coaching or qb the Falcons will be facing.

Pats and the over. Book it

:o

I thought for sure you'd pick Atlanta

Not sure about this one. The O/U is really high and the Falcons have looked extremely good the last couple of weeks. I think that their defense is under-rated.

If the Pats win the toss, will BB pull a McCarthy and defer?

9 straight weeks the Falcons have scored on their opening drive

If the Pats win the toss, will BB pull a McCarthy and defer?

9 straight weeks the Falcons have scored on their opening drive

I was surprised last night when the Patriots won the toss and chose to receive. Not sure when that has happened last.

I was surprised last night when the Patriots won the toss and chose to receive. Not sure when that has happened last.

Since BB started to defer every time, everyone else in the copycat league does it now.

BB is turning it the other way

Atlanta looks like a juggernaut.

Belichick will of course game plan well and NE's D is surprisingly good. Problem is they've got not pass rush without blitzing. Seems like Ryan & Co. will pick them apart.

Atlanta's D is underrated. Pats will score but it probably won't be as easy as expected.

I'm going with something like Atlanta 34, New England 28. I think it'll be close but Atlanta just too much for a Pats team trying to hang around

Atlanta looks like a juggernaut.

Belichick will of course game plan well and NE's D is surprisingly good. Problem is they've got not pass rush without blitzing. Seems like Ryan & Co. will pick them apart.

Atlanta's D is underrated. Pats will score but it probably won't be as easy as expected.

I'm going with something like Atlanta 34, New England 28. I think it'll be close but Atlanta just too much for a Pats team trying to hang around

Ryan has been known to choke in the big game, or so I keep telling myself that.

lets up this time it's real

Ryan has been known to choke in the big game, or so I keep telling myself that.

lets up this time it's real

Well they haven't faced any real challenges yet... but thus far we're obviously seeing a different Matt Ryan this post-season

The real story with Atlanta has not been their offense - everybody expected them to light it up this year.. The real story has been the late emergence of the Atlanta D - they have been physical and they have be lights out in the secondary.

The real story with Atlanta has not been their offense - everybody expected them to light it up this year.. The real story has been the late emergence of the Atlanta D - they have been physical and they have be lights out in the secondary.

it's really the front 7 that has been outstanding and their O line too.

We all know the best way to win in the NFL and that is to get to the QB

Going with the Pats. Everyone always seems to put the other team beating them. NE defense has been pretty solid all year. That's been the biggest factor. Their offense is always good but I believe they are the more complete team. Plus they have BB who gives them their best advantage of it all

Well they haven't faced any real challenges yet...

They have and destroyed them. Wilson and Rodgers are the best at what they do and Atlanta made them look bad. We'll see what Brady can bring.

So far NE has faced Houston, and LBell-less Pittsburgh. It's them that hasn't faced a challenge.

They have and destroyed them. Wilson and Rodgers are the best at what they do and Atlanta made them look bad. We'll see what Brady can bring.

So far NE has faced Houston, and LBell-less Pittsburgh. It's them that hasn't faced a challenge.

this is the truth, although they did turn Facebook Brown into a no show.

Let's Go Patriots!!!!

who do you hate on Atlanta?

Bell wasn't exactly lighting it up yesterday for the time he was in there.

Bell wasn't exactly lighting it up yesterday for the time he was in there.

Bell said the injury occurred on the 2nd play of the game and he tried to play through it. :dunno:

Bell said the injury occurred on the 2nd play of the game and he tried to play through it. :dunno:

:cry:

with Tomlin as the head coach, naturally they will make excuses

This game may have lower ratings than Trump's inauguration.

who do you hate on Atlanta?

I don't mind Atlanta, just would rather see the Patriots win...

I don't mind Atlanta, just would rather see the Patriots win...

:first:

Didn't hear that...makes sense, though. Williams looked better than Bell.

Looks like a great match up. Both teams smacked around tough teams Sunday and made it look easy.

ATL 38

NE 33

Since BB started to defer every time, everyone else in the copycat league does it now.

BB is turning it the other way

BB started that? Most have done that for years.

Guy is a great coach, probably best ever...no need to give him credit for dumb though.

Guy is a great coach, probably best ever...no need to give him credit for dumb ###### though.

take a break kid..been a rough couple of months for ya. :(

Julio Jones. I know BB likes to take your top guy away from you. But how the fock you do that when its Julio? Dude is 6'3", 230 lbs, and runs a 4.4 40.

Julio Jones. I know BB likes to take your top guy away from you. But how the fock you do that when its Julio? Dude is 6'3", 230 lbs, and runs a 4.4 40.

We will find out

Guy is a great coach, probably best ever...no need to give him credit for dumb ###### though.

The rule allowing teams to defer to the 2nd half has only been in effect since 2008. Teams only deferred 8% of the time that year but Belichick deferred every time he won the coin toss that season except 1 time. It's only been about the last 4 years or so when most teams started doing it.

I think Belichick might have wanted to see if Pittsburgh was going to try something different with their defense so he took the ball right away this week. Maybe give him more time to make adjustments. Lucky for him Pittsburgh played their same zone coverage and Brady picked them apart like he always does.

I'll take the Pats by 16, this ain't no green bay defense or coaching or qb the Falcons will be facing.

Pats and the over. Book it

Its just crazy how sensitive Pats fans are about GB. How is it possible you guys can be so sensitive about a team that isnt in the same division...or conference?

Now that Tom and Bob Kraft have come out as Trump Men, I'm all for the boys from the North. Go get em.

Now that Tom and Bob Kraft have come out. I'm all for the boys from the North. Go get em.

:shocking:

Yep and I'm still confounded on how in the hell my Chiefs went into their place and won 29-28 and then look like sh!t against the Steelers at Arrowhead.