Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Walking Dead Season 8

i started watching Fear The Walkiing Dead. Only about 4 episodes in. The production/cinematic value seems over the top. Not the action sequence stuff, just everything in general. Ominous music in every other scene, slow camera shots through fences. It's also dragging on so far. Also didn't take them long to do a d-bag hitting golf balls scene.

Finally just got around to the season finale. It was pretty meh.... I'm just glad the whole fighting with negan crap is over.

The fight scene where Rick of course runs out of bullets again he holds the gun for a second I thought he was going to throw the gun which would have been the most ironic thing ever.

The part where I facepalmed is that last scene with Maggie and Jesus plotting to kill Rick. Spoiler alert this is never going to happen.

Maggie sure as hell isn't going to do it in Jesus suddenly is going to turn into a killer now? Or Daryl who's been with Rick since day one? Darryl who didn't kill dwight even though he had a million reasons more to kill him than he does Rick? It's not happening but the show has to create a drama somewhere.

I think the worst part is what happens with everybody who ever gets locked up in that show? There's like multiple episodes where they just sit there and talk to whomever and mind fuk them.

Do we honestly think that's not going to happen now? Yeah right, like Megan is just going to be in the background for one or two shots and not say anything. Now, as bad and as boring as it was before, it's fixing to get a whole lot worse with him.

Finally just got around to the season finale. It was pretty meh.... I'm just glad the whole fighting with negan crap is over.

The fight scene where Rick of course runs out of bullets again he holds the gun for a second I thought he was going to throw the gun which would have been the most ironic thing ever.

The part where I facepalmed is that last scene with Maggie and Jesus plotting to kill Rick. Spoiler alert this is never going to happen.

Maggie sure as hell isn't going to do it in Jesus suddenly is going to turn into a killer now? Or Daryl who's been with Rick since day one? Darryl who didn't kill dwight even though he had a million reasons more to kill him than he does Rick? It's not happening but the show has to create a drama somewhere.

I was thinking their plot was to kill Negen, not Rick. They were saying both Rick and Shimmone (sp?) were wrong but I don't think they were talking about killing them. But that show just makes so many plot jumps that don't make sense. I can't believe they get away with it. Case in point. A day ago Gabriel was so sick he couldn't make bullets and had to wear a mask not to infect anyone. Then today he's walking around in perfect health and healthy enough to jump out of a moving car and run through the woods as best a partially blind man can. No explanation for his rapid recovery. He's just not sick any more because we need to move the plot along. This show, which was never as great as some people thought, is going downhill very quickly.

• Like 1

Does anybody remember from way back in Atlanta the fact that everybody is already infected with the virus?

At this point if next season the next group they meet is the cast of LOST...just don't be surprised.

At this point if next season the next group they meet is the cast of LOST...just don't be surprised.

😃

Smoke Monster Zombie!😭

😃

Smoke Monster Zombie!😭

Definitely more difficult to kill...

Sounds like next year they are done fighting so I'm guessing we have a lot of character development in a bunch of characters that I kind of wish were killed off.

I'm curious where they're going to take this show.

I was thinking their plot was to kill Negen, not Rick. They were saying both Rick and Shimmone (sp?) were wrong but I don't think they were talking about killing them. But that show just makes so many plot jumps that don't make sense. I can't believe they get away with it. Case in point. A day ago Gabriel was so sick he couldn't make bullets and had to wear a mask not to infect anyone. Then today he's walking around in perfect health and healthy enough to jump out of a moving car and run through the woods as best a partially blind man can. No explanation for his rapid recovery. He's just not sick any more because we need to move the plot along. This show, which was never as great as some people thought, is going downhill very quickly.

Hes been fine for a while. Eugene made him wear a mask because eugene is neurotic. Also he could make bullets, he was purposely sabotaging them.

I never got the sense they are plotting to kill Rick. The shown would be too far off the rails if Maggie killed rick over a disagreement in handling Negan. She's not going to kill the guy who saved her and her family (for a long while at least) from the zombie apocalypse. Her father respected rick and so did her dead husband. Daryl and Rick have had a rift developing a little but not gonna happen. And Jesus doesn't want to kill living people.

If anything they are simply talking about showing them that Negan has to die and it's not their call to keep him alive.

I never got the sense they are plotting to kill Rick. The shown would be too far off the rails if Maggie killed rick over a disagreement in handling Negan. She's not going to kill the guy who saved her and her family (for a long while at least) from the zombie apocalypse. Her father respected rick and so did her dead husband. Daryl and Rick have had a rift developing a little but not gonna happen. And Jesus doesn't want to kill living people.

If anything they are simply talking about showing them that Negan has to die and it's not their call to keep him alive.

Read a few things on twitter where they interviewed Lincoln (rick) and he made it sound like it will be a rift between him and maggie.....sort of like now that Negans out...who will fill that vaccuum.

Does anybody remember from way back in Atlanta the fact that everybody is already infected with the virus?

I unblocked this message out of curiosity. I don't think anyone has forgotten.

I also still feel like the popular fan theory of newborn kids not carrying the virus will end up being true. Judith, the kid Rick takes from the outpost, whenever Maggie spits that kid out finally...

Read a few things on twitter where they interviewed Lincoln (rick) and he made it sound like it will be a rift between him and maggie.....sort of like now that Negans out...who will fill that vaccuum.

There will obviously be a rift, I just don't see anything in terms of them killing each other.

The only possible way is if this is an attempt to write Maggie off the show, since she has or had been unhappy with AMCs offer and was doing pilots.

But I'm pretty sure there are better ways to kill her off to not lose more viewership. Having your main "protagonist" kill a pregnant woman who he's been friends with since season 2 would be kind of stupid

There will obviously be a rift, I just don't see anything in terms of them killing each other.

The only possible way is if this is an attempt to write Maggie off the show, since she has or had been unhappy with AMCs offer and was doing pilots.

But I'm pretty sure there are better ways to kill her off to not lose more viewership. Having your main "protagonist" kill a pregnant woman who he's been friends with since season 2 would be kind of stupid

He could throw a rape on her first?

He could throw a rape on her first?

My eyes get raped when he starts kissing Micchone.

My eyes get raped when he starts kissing Micchone.

Yeah that's much grosser than I thought it would be.

Heard an interview with a showrunner. Definitely Maggie is looking to kill Negan not Rick.

Last I heard, she was having a hard time with her contract. So was Michonne.

Michonne's got that Wauconda money now.

I unblocked this message out of curiosity. I don't think anyone has forgotten.

I also still feel like the popular fan theory of newborn kids not carrying the virus will end up being true. Judith, the kid Rick takes from the outpost, whenever Maggie spits that kid out finally...

Agree

:lol: :lol: :lol:

watching FTWD. A mexican woman (Herschel) keeping a basement (barn) full of walkers at their safe compound (farm) and feeding them dogs (chickens) and the old mexican guy (Dale) finds out and confronts her?

:rolleyes:

but the show isn't half bad otherwise.

starting season 3 of FTWD

some of my take aways

- better actors for the most part

- at the same time, the production quality and cinematics are too over the top for an AMC zombie drama... it's like it wants to be a movie so badly.

- the characters are too good at handling zombies too quickly. very unrealistic. They have basically no trouble handling things from the start and we are talking about some teachers from LA versus some south eastern law enforcement and drifters who should be more equipped for a zombie apocolypse but somehow have a much tougher time keeping people alive.

- the daughter is smoking hot

I recorded the first couple episodes of this season of Fear The Walking Dead. Do I need to go back and watch the other Seasons to get it?

I recorded the first couple episodes of this season of Fear The Walking Dead. Do I need to go back and watch the other Seasons to get it?

A YouTube recap should cover it.

Do people care now that Rick and Maggie will be leaving mid-season?

Maggie can go...her forced badass schtick doesn't work for me. Rick leaving hurts the show but I think the show has to come to an end. It can't just be zombie fights and unrealistic bad gangs. Show has to get somewhere.

The helicopter shown in the back of the promo is interesting.

Maggie can go...her forced badass schtick doesn't work for me. Rick leaving hurts the show but I think the show has to come to an end. It can't just be zombie fights and unrealistic bad gangs. Show has to get somewhere.

Supposedly, they are leaping a bit forward in time. The infrastructure is breaking down and the possibility to scavenge is less. They are having to change how they operate.

I do think a story change is good as it was getting stale.

How long does gas stay good for? No new helicopter fuel produced in years.

How long does gas stay good for? No new helicopter fuel produced in years.

And zombies that don't breathe don't really need to growl. In fact, they wouldn't. In fact, they couldn't.

Scooby-Doo was more realistic.

I saw Maggie on some talk show last night. She at least had a theory as to why she's been pregnant for 68 months. Her theory is that with far less nutrition, gestation periods are extended. And since nobody's ever lived through a zombie apocalypse...

Hey, at least she cares enough to think about it.

The show is hardly worth watching anymore, I only continue to follow cuz I've invested 8 focking seasons into it. And now they're getting rid of Andrew Lincoln, the only guy that can really act on the show. I'll give it a little time after he leaves just to see the direction they go in. If it still sucks I'm gone.

The trailer for season 9 does look pretty awesome though :dunno: