Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Early RB Rankings - My Top 15

Just posted this last night. My early top 15 RB rankings prior to free agency and the draft.

For now, I consider the move of McCoy to Buffalo a lateral one for his fantasy value. I tried to stay away from making assumptions about where certain RBs would go (or not go) in free agency but in some situations, it couldn't be helped.

I wanted to compare my list to the one you did , my list is based on a PPR scoring system , is the list you did ?

I wanted to compare my list to the one you did , my list is based on a PPR scoring system , is the list you did ?

Heres a tip, dont trust a list created by weepaws. Even if weepaws is yourself.

• Like 1

McCoy getting shipped out of the division has to raise the eyebrows of those in Murray's camp. It has to signal that it isn't just a Cowboys way of thinking, it's a football way of thinking - that being $9m plus a year rb's aren't the future of this league. Maybe (hopefully) it causes pause and Murray comes back a little, and Jerry goes up a little, to meet in the middle and resign - say something like $7m year. It's still a bit high - but Jerry has to know he has about a 2 more year window with Romo and then his run is over.

Nope, mine is a non-PPR list. If I re-worked mine for PPR the only significant move would be Forte moving up from the No.6 position to No.3.

McCoy getting shipped out of the division has to raise the eyebrows of those in Murray's camp. It has to signal that it isn't just a Cowboys way of thinking, it's a football way of thinking - that being $9m plus a year rb's aren't the future of this league. Maybe (hopefully) it causes pause and Murray comes back a little, and Jerry goes up a little, to meet in the middle and resign - say something like $7m year. It's still a bit high - but Jerry has to know he has about a 2 more year window with Romo and then his run is over.

That's funny, as Cowboy fans at the job today were talking about how Chip kelly ran an east-west runner like McCoy out of Philly, and is looking for a north-south bruiser who can catch and pass protect. Sort of like... yep.

That offensive line in Philly is every bit as good as Dallas, if healthy.

• Like 1

That offensive line in Philly is every bit as good as Dallas, if healthy.

True Dat

Not a bad list. Ive been on the Hill hype train since last preseason so its nice to see him climb the ladder. That being said Its hard to make a top 15 list and not have Ellington on it. Id take him over Tre Mason

I really like Hill, but Bernard is gonna hurt his value. Bernard is to big a weapon to be overlooked.

Not a bad list. Ive been on the Hill hype train since last preseason so its nice to see him climb the ladder. That being said Its hard to make a top 15 list and not have Ellington on it. Id take him over Tre Mason

Bruce Arians has hinted that he wants to bring in a "big back" and perhaps limit Ellington's workload. I think that will happen which obviously limits Ellington's value. If not, then Ellington would certainly make the top 15.

I really like Hill, but Bernard is gonna hurt his value. Bernard is to big a weapon to be overlooked.

Agreed. I mentioned Bernard as thorn in Hill's value in the writeup. I've got Hill ranked at what I think is his ceiling, No.7.

Agreed. I mentioned Bernard as thorn in Hill's value in the writeup. I've got Hill ranked at what I think is his ceiling, No.7.

Gotcha, I just have his ceiling more in the ten range.

Also love where you have L. Murray. I think he's in for a real nice year.

Looking at that list makes me want to draft WRS early if Bell and Charles are off the board.

Looking at that list makes me want to draft WRS early if Bell and Charles are off the board.

How things shake out in free agency and the NFL Draft will obviously change things around a ton, but at the end of the day, I think they'll be more depth at the RB position than most people think. Still, the Zero-RB and WR-heavy drafting strategies will likely be gaining in popularity this season.

How things shake out in free agency and the NFL Draft will obviously change things around a ton, but at the end of the day, I think they'll be more depth at the RB position than most people think. Still, the Zero-RB and WR-heavy drafting strategies will likely be gaining in popularity this season.

A mistake.

A mistake.

Not really.

Last couple years I have gone WR heavy. Having 3 top 10 receivers have worked out real well for me. I won my main league last year. It is a very viable strategy.

Not really.

Last couple years I have gone WR heavy. Having 3 top 10 receivers have worked out real well for me. I won my main league last year. It is a very viable strategy.

Viable? Yes, but with much more downside. The keys to the fantasy kingdom still go to those that can identify and draft the Right RBs. Mind you, many can't do that, for them WR early can be a possible alternative.

I was as solidly in the draft running back first camp for a long time, but if you look at the pure statistical variance of production at the position caused by injury, attrition, and the greater reliance on RBBC and the greater emphasis given to the passing game, the strategy remains viable, but more uncertain than it was a few years ago. I think the consistency rankings that you can access for free at this site will clearly bear that out. Especially true in PPR leagues.

You still need good rbs. Its hard to predict which ones will be good off the ww. Pretty much need to be that guy who drafts charles, murray, or forte. Those of us who drafted mccoy or AP got burned, but there was no way to see that coming.

Great list, Mike. I've been on the Jeremy Hill bandwagon since last August. And I agree with the ranking, since he's far more effective in the power running game than Gio is.

I also agree that All Day will wind up in Dallas.

- methinks Lamar Miller makes the leap into at least the top 10 this year -

the fact that he's not mentioned in that list of 18 (including those who 'just missed the cut') illustrates the value he should represent.

a lot can change come late August, but i will be targeting the kid, and buying wherever i can :thumbsup:

• Like 1

the fact that he's not mentioned in that list of 18 (including those who 'just missed the cut') illustrates the value he should represent.

a lot can change come late August, but i will be targeting the kid, and buying wherever i can :thumbsup:

You my friend are a very smart man. My thoughts exactly.

a lot can WILL change come late August, but i will be targeting the kid, and buying wherever i can :thumbsup:

I had Miller in Khiry Robinson's spot originally, then swapped them just before posting.

Looking good for Forsett:

Ravens have finalized a deal with Justin Forsett, according to a soruce

Edited to add a few more details:

Justin Forsett reaches three-year agreement with the Ravens
by Igor Mello | CBSSports.com
(2:32 pm ET) The Ravens have reached a three-year agreement with free agent running back Justin Forsett on Thursday, the team announced. His deal is for three years in the $3 million range, per the Baltimore Sun.

Forsett, who will turn 30 in November, made $730,000 while playing under a one-year contract for the Ravens last year. He broke out in 2014, totaling 1,266 yards and eight touchdowns on 235 carries. Before his deal with Baltimore, Forsett played mostly backup roles in Seattle, Houston and Jacksonville.

Forsett will rejoin Baltimore's backfield that already included Lorenzo Taliaferro and Bernard Pierce.