Sign in to follow this  
FenixTx972

Putting the call in - T Williams and E Sanders both finish top 25

As far as Sanders "not getting any attention" when he gets to Denver because of the stud receivers around him, Thomas, Thomas, and Welker combined for 16 more catches and 302 more yards than Brown, Miller, and Cotchery, and that was with Miller missing a couple early games due to the ACL. So if he beats out Latimer, I expect him to get pretty much the same amount of attention as he got with Pittsburgh.

• Like 1

^ Great stuff. This will be the last one I post for a little while. :)

"Well, when you watch him on film from when he was at Pittsburgh, you just see that quickness off the line, the vertical speed, his ability to separate down the field," said Offensive Coordinator Adam Gase in June. "It's a different kind of dimension for us."

Added Demaryius Thomas: "Sanders is too fast. He's quick and fast at the same time. Some guys are quick, fast, and you've got Wes, who's quick. Sanders is quick and fast. But I think it'll be great for the team, because he can go over the top, he can be quick, he's can go inside. I think it's a big pickup for us. I think he'll be great."

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Training-Camp-Preview-Pass-Catchers/7c574657-9092-43c5-a128-597141615e55

P.S. Bonus of about Welker's first season stats in Denver. The TD rate is worth noting....although I don't expect Sanders to make a big impact in the red zone.

'He was on a 93-catch pace if he had played 16 full games, and his ratio of one touchdown every 7.3 receptions easily eclipsed his touchdown rate of one every 18.2 receptions in New England.'

I don't know about Welker getting 100. He hasn't been the same since his latest concussion. I kinda tend to agree with those who say he should hang up the cleats while he can still remember his name, but since he's determined to play, you gotta figure he'll be out there. I just SERIOUSLY doubt you ever see big numbers from him again. He had 23 receptions for 223 yards and 1 TD over the last five games last year. That's 713 yards and 3 TDs projected over 16. yeah, he'll probably be fresh for the first few games, but those hits to the head add up. I'm guessing he drops off to that 713 yard and 3 TD pace even sooner this year than he did last year.

fyi SB Nation reports that Latimer was the star of day 1 of camp, and that Sanders dropped an easy pass. Yeah, it's just day 1, but...

Who was Julius Thomas before last season but an oft-injured former 4th round TE? Peyton made that dude into a top-3 fantasy TE.

Peyton is the king at turning chicken sh!t into fillet mignon.

Consequently, Sanders will be a very serviceable option as a WR3 this year. It baffles me that some of you are doubting that with such a high degree of certainty. Wow.

But hey....that's why they play the game. We will see.

I wanted to look back on some of my posts and give others a chance to check them if they want.

Sanders hasn't done anything yet, and I think he could struggle with inconsistency on an offense with tons of mouths, but he brings deep speed and another element.

E. Sanders is criminally under-projected here.

46-653-4?

Totally agree :thumbsup:

More like 70-1000-8

IMO

Welker's latest concussion changes this conversation greatly. On top of that, Manning looked dialed in with Sanders. Not to forget, the Pats wanted this guy last year and Pittsburgh matched at the cost of a second rounder.

I wanted to look back on some of my posts and give others a chance to check them if they want.

Sanders hasn't done anything yet, and I think he could struggle with inconsistency on an offense with tons of mouths, but he brings deep speed and another element.

lol

Emmanuel Sanders caught five passes for 128 yards with two touchdowns in Saturday's preseason game against the Texans.

The criticisms of Sanders in Pittsburg no matter how valid are not going to apply in Denver

He can thank Peyton Manning and the Denver arsenal. Sanders will be a wr2 this year.

If welker misses significant time then my concern about sanders is his durability in the slot. I predict Latimer will be the starter in 2 wide sets by mid season.

Welker has had 3 concussions in 10 months according to Nfl radio. I think he misses significant time.

Jordan Reed got concussed last year and missed the rest of the season. I guess concussions effect everyone differently. I had Reed as a DND for this reason. Seems like if he gets concussed it's the end of the season.

Yes good call. Cecil Lammy loved him also and that's why I took him in the 5th. I had drafted DT in the first so that worried me but so far it has worked out insanely well.

Great call!