Sign in to follow this  
Challenger

Emmanuel Sanders

#1 WR in Denver? Now that is just crazy talk. I'd guess your probably also the type that think Kelce is approaching Jimmy Graham levels at TE. I think that Sanders will be a very reliable WR2 with WR1 upside. He will have a couple of 100+ and 2 TD games this year, You can hope that he is a Decker lite. Keep in mind that DT scored more TDs last year (14) than Sanders did during the first four years of his career (11).

WR1 means primary target of the QB and/also on the depth chart.

So far Sander is out producing DT and on the field longer than him (not by much). I am not sure what other metric to use.

So far Sander is out producing DT and on the field longer than him (not by much). I am not sure what other metric to use.

It isn't the metrics you are using that is flawed logic. It is the sample size.

Sorry Sanders owners - the honeymoon is over. He'll be a serviceable #2, but now Welker is completely back in the fold, couple that with DT getting healthy - Sanders will be relegated to at best 3rd option, probably 4th. Peyton made sure to feature him early in the season to get him involved, but Denver has not been the same offense (especially in the second half of games) as they were last year. What do you think Manning is going to do - keep featuring Sanders or go back to what worked last year. Sanders fills the Decker role at best - with fewer TDs.

I do not understand the concern. Manning is a hall of fame QB that is going to be throwing to the open man. Saunders gets open. So far this season and as the games have gone Manning and Saunders have had good chemistry. So much so there are people questioning if DT still the clear cut number 1 WR on team. I don't see Welker coming back hurting Saunders. I see it as another weapon and making more opportunities for everyone. They are struggling to run the ball. Schedule gets a little more friendlier. I could be wrong but this is what I think. Also mark my word first bad game by Saunders with Welker back the sky will be falling.

I agree with the other poster, that I believe DT isn't 100 percent. With that being the case, Sanders has been the favorite target - "so far." Sanders has been very consistent. BUT - he is I thnk only 5'11', vs. DT at 6'3" and J. Thomas at 6'5"+. So, Sanders will get catches and yards, but unless HE breaks one, I don't see a lot of TDs for him, unfortunately... He is usually my FLEX payer in a non-PPR league - so 7+ points is fine.

WR1 is a fantasy term around here. WR1 = top 12 WR in a 12 man league. WR1 = top 10 WR in a 10 man league.

Sorry Sanders owners - the honeymoon is over. He'll be a serviceable #2, but now Welker is completely back in the fold, couple that with DT getting healthy - Sanders will be relegated to at best 3rd option, probably 4th. Peyton made sure to feature him early in the season to get him involved, but Denver has not been the same offense (especially in the second half of games) as they were last year. What do you think Manning is going to do - keep featuring Sanders or go back to what worked last year. Sanders fills the Decker role at best - with fewer TDs.

Welker has not been a reliable contributor for a couple years now due to injuries and a suspension. His return hurts Sanders, yes, but I'd hardly throw in the towel

This logic is ridiculous. If anything, Welker's return HELPS Sanders, not hurt him. Welker is no more than a short yardage receiver who operates in the flat and over the middle. Welker will draw defenders away from sanders. THERES NO WAY WELKER WILL BE TOLD TO RUN THE DEEP ROUTES THAT SANDERS HAS BEEN RUNNING. No way. Welker adds another wrinkle to the offense but I doubt it affects Sanders negatively at all. Still solid WR2 with WR1 upside.

This logic is ridiculous. If anything, Welker's return HELPS Sanders, not hurt him. Welker is no more than a short yardage receiver who operates in the flat and over the middle. Welker will draw defenders away from sanders. THERES NO WAY WELKER WILL BE TOLD TO RUN THE DEEP ROUTES THAT SANDERS HAS BEEN RUNNING. No way. Welker adds another wrinkle to the offense but I doubt it affects Sanders negatively at all. Still solid WR2 with WR1 upside.

I'm not sure it is a net benefit to Sanders. Welker may draw coverage away from Sanders but he'll draw targets away too.

I'm not sure it is a net benefit to Sanders. Welker may draw coverage away from Sanders but he'll draw targets away too.

But my point is he won't draw the SAME targets. Plays that were drawn up for Sanders are still for Sanders. At most Welker will give you 6-7 catches for 75 a game, sprinkle in a TD here and there. I think if anyone's value is hurt with Welker's return its Julius Thomas. They will, for the most part, be operating in the same area of the field. The outside deep threats will continue to be DT and Sanders.

If you can "buy low" on sanders because the owner thinks Welker's return hurts him that much I would do it in a heartbeat. At worst Sanders is decker from last year. Perhaps less TDs but almost a sure bet for more yards.

If you can "buy low" on sanders because the owner thinks Welker's return hurts him that much I would do it in a heartbeat. At worst Sanders is decker from last year. Perhaps less TDs but almost a sure bet for more yards.

I don't think I Welker coming back hurts anyone. See last season

Welker will take targets - targets most likely intended for Sanders. DT's production will increase and JT is not going anywhere - Sanders production will dip - sorry Sanders owners - at best a WR2.

Welker will take targets - targets most likely intended for Sanders. DT's production will increase and JT is not going anywhere - Sanders production will dip - sorry Sanders owners - at best a WR2.

This makes no sense but ok I'll take your word for it Ms. Cleo.

The most receptions Welker had in a game last season was 9 I believe and that was opening night when Peyton went BALLISTIC. Sanders went for 11 and 140-something in their last game against Seattle? 2 outputs that Welker never achieved last year. Peyton will take shots down field and I can promise none of those deep balls are going to Welker. But hey he'll consistently put up 7 catches for 50 yards with no upside, gotta love it.

If welker gets another concussion, he'll be gone for the year if he doesn't just retire. Also if welker comes back and takes targets, it's going to be mostly from Andre Caldwell since he'll be replacing him, but even if they force feed him the ball, he'll take targets from everyone. Not just sanders.

WR that's playing 100% of the snap on one of the best offense team. You want to sell on that? Who are you going to buy? Cordarrelle Patterson?

Eric Decker did ok last year in the same spot. And he's white

I think Sanders desire to be great is what pushes him. He just seems to "want it" more than anyone else. He's diving for balls and just going all out on every play. It just seems like he appreciates and understands the opportunity he's been given with Peyton Manning.

He should conitinue to have a major fantasy impact the rest of the year!

Sander had the best game of the year in week 3 with Welker playing. Lead the team with 14 targets too. He also went off in a preseason game with Welker in the game.

It's obvious you guys "want" Sanders to keep at his pace - but it just won't happen. Let's re-visit this in 3 weeks to see he's still a low-end #1 or solid #2 WR.

It's obvious you guys "want" Sanders to keep at his pace - but it just won't happen. Let's re-visit this in 3 weeks to see he's still a low-end #1 or solid #2 WR.

It really doesn't matter, anyone in Peyton's offense will be good. Just want to point out he been on the field the most out of everyone else.

I hope welker stays healthy. Sanders goes deep, JT takes up the rest of the middle and D Thomas will get me bubble screen and over the middle YAC TD's all focking year long :banana: :overhead:

Please help me understand this crazy logic that his numbers will go down. He was targeted 15 times and caught 11 against the same defense that destroyed them in the Super Bowl. If Decker can put up 1288 yards and 11 TDs with this same crew then why wouldn't Sanders do better? Why would I sell when I know Welker is one head plant from retiring? We will revisit this thread today to see who had the most targets and receptions.

Please help me understand this crazy logic that his numbers will go down. He was targeted 15 times and caught 11 against the same defense that destroyed them in the Super Bowl. If Decker can put up 1288 yards and 11 TDs with this same crew then why wouldn't Sanders do better? Why would I sell when I know Welker is one head plant from retiring? We will revisit this thread today to see who had the most targets and receptions.

I'm in the exact same boat. I'd buy low if I still could under the notion that Welker is returning because I'm sure his numbers will not regress at all.

Tried to get DT for Sanders but owner still hoping on his first round draft pick. If DT has another weak performance, I think I'm gonna stick with Sanders

77 yard TD...I think Sanders will be fine...

Damn, called back!!