Sign in to follow this  
bubba29

I Finally Gave Up on Keenan Allen

Par for the course. I bench his punk ass and this happens. :wall:

I haven't started him since week 1. He didn't do that great.

I'm glad he finally found a TD from my bench. Now I wonder if I could move him or if I will have to wait for consecutive good weeks to get some value for the underperforming sophomore bastahd.

Luckily for me, the one team i have him is so bad i had no choice. Unluckily, he is a big part of the reason i am 0-7 as i was eliminated from the playoffs the second AP decided to beat his kids bloody.

This was third week in a row I had him benched. Not really feeling bad about it, but encouraged...a little bit. His role in the offense didn't change at all last night--it just got a little bigger. Because of his low YPR due to the insistence on using him as a chain-moving guy on short/intermediate routes, it's really just about how many targets he has.

13-target game? Decent yards and sufficient chances to score, even when Gates is seeing 3-5 redzone targets/game.

8 target game? No thanks.

Maybe they'll get him a little more involved in deep routes over the bye, or maybe they don't need to with Floyd around. Last year Allen had only two games where he was under 10 YPR. This year, he only has two games *over* 10 YPR.

I finally gave up and dropped his ass this week...whoops :wall:

Still having emanual sanders softens the blow. I can admit now it was a mistake to drop Allen. I am second in my league in pts scored....bottom line is with Bryant/Sanu/Sanders...Allen is still a bench guy. Could he become more consistent than Sanu? Very possible...but what's done is done

I would start Allen over Sanu as soon as AJ gets back in the lineup.

This was third week in a row I had him benched. Not really feeling bad about it, but encouraged...a little bit. His role in the offense didn't change at all last night--it just got a little bigger. Because of his low YPR due to the insistence on using him as a chain-moving guy on short/intermediate routes, it's really just about how many targets he has.

13-target game? Decent yards and sufficient chances to score, even when Gates is seeing 3-5 redzone targets/game.

8 target game? No thanks.

Maybe they'll get him a little more involved in deep routes over the bye, or maybe they don't need to with Floyd around. Last year Allen had only two games where he was under 10 YPR. This year, he only has two games *over* 10 YPR.

hes the slowest WR in the league, hes not getting involved in deep routes when they have 3 guys more capable, Floyd, Royal and Green, maybe once in a while they can throw him a fade though but thats it.