Sign in to follow this  
pee-diddy

Week 8 WW Pickups

PLAYER NEWS

2 hrs ago | by Larry Hartstein | CBSSports.com

Jeff Fisher: Zac Stacy 'could get 25 carries this week'

Rams coach Jeff Fisher said the team's running back situation will continue to be a "week-to-week thing," adding Zac Stacy's lack of playing time Sunday wasn't an indicator of things to come. Stacy played one snap and got zero carries in the win over the Seahawks.

Yikes. Thanks for the update. In conjunction with the brutal upcoming schedule, I am avoiding that situation all together.

Shoelaces it is.

I'm thinking Fisher is looking long and hard at the fumble that came shooting out of Mason's grip with the game on the line. Granted, the kid had a nice run before that, but it's like an old military saying.

"One ah-sh*t wipes out ten atta boys..."

He said the same sh!t last week. Mason clearly the best talent on their team.

If I remember correctly I remember him saying he would ride the hot hand and theoretically he did. Tre Mason started off hot and he rode with him.

I'm a huge Tre Mason fan, I talked a lot about him in the "Tre Mason" thread on here. What I didn't like yesterday, besides the mentioned fumble he had, was his lack of use in the passing game. Benny Cunningham seems like the mandatory passing back for Fisher, regardless of how hot the other RB is. This is worrisome because if the Rams get behind early in games I could see a lot of frustrated Mason owners. Couple with Stacy still there and the horrible schedule there's still a lot to worry about with Mason becoming the lead dog in STL. I agree that he is the best talent and should get the job but who really knows with the way Fisher has treated the situation all season.

If I remember correctly I remember him saying he would ride the hot hand and theoretically he did. Tre Mason started off hot and he rode with him.

I'm a huge Tre Mason fan, I talked a lot about him in the "Tre Mason" thread on here. What I didn't like yesterday, besides the mentioned fumble he had, was his lack of use in the passing game. Benny Cunningham seems like the mandatory passing back for Fisher, regardless of how hot the other RB is. This is worrisome because if the Rams get behind early in games I could see a lot of frustrated Mason owners. Couple with Stacy still there and the horrible schedule there's still a lot to worry about with Mason becoming the lead dog in STL. I agree that he is the best talent and should get the job but who really knows with the way Fisher has treated the situation all season.

He won't play on passing downs because he can't pass protect and pick up a blitzing linebacker. For the life of me, I can't see why people are just writing Cunningham off as the guy has been busting his ass out there. I've been high on Stacy over him admittedly, but Cunningham is really showing me something. As far as I'm concerned, they really won't lose much with him out there either.

Getting back to the thread, I'm interested to see what Bryce Brown does in Buffalo. That's a team which runs the ball a ton, and I don't see Jackson coming back soon. Brown is big, 6-0 220, and ran a 4.37 at his Pro Day. I get the disparity between the combine and such, but that's pretty fast I don't care what surface he runs on.

Ray Rice to Buffalo

Won't happen for two reason:

1. Dust hasn't settled that much and Buffalo doesn't have the 'diverse' population required to look past such things. Raiders, Detroit and maybe St. Louis. Baltimore would have made that list but he focked that up. He's not that talented anymore for a team to risk the bad P.R.

2. Too many cornfed women up there. If they saw him on the street, they'd focking kill him.

Bryce Brown is a speculative stash. I'm guessing he goes on benches the first week. Next week he could get 3 carries, or he could get 15 carries. I don't think there will be a big rush to grab him either as most will be piling on Mason and Robinson.

The BUF offense is extremely friendly to the RB, though they're not running it as much the run game is the centerpiece of the offense. Dixon is also a good grab on the same basis, no one really know what will happen there, so Dixon could get 18 carries and a TD, or he could be the one getting 3-5 carries, something like that, anything us possible.

Damn. Who do you take of the 3 RBs that are more than likely available?

Bryce Brown-Hasnt seen field yet?

Trey Mason-Beast but is backfield too crowded?

Denard Robinson-former QB is he too fragile?

Damn. Who do you take of the 3 RBs that are more than likely available?

Bryce Brown-Hasnt seen field yet?

Trey Mason-Beast but is backfield too crowded?

Denard Robinson-former QB is he too fragile?

I know, I have a good waiver priority and hate to waste it but I need RB depth bad. I was thinking Brown but I watched some Mason highlights and gotta say I like the burst out of that kid. Thinking Mason now....

Robinson is really intriguing because Yahoo has him as a RB/WR, which is stupid but having a starting RB in a WR slot is pretty tempting. But it's Jax, wonder if that success even lasts.

I have the same Brown Mason Robinson scenario going. Hunters gone if I can. Asiata too. Then it's down to drop Oliver now for one of those? Or McKinnon? I'm hoping for 2 as somebody in my league has to be in on this. Who are the top 2 of these?

1] Bryce Brown.......size, speed, Rec ability, will be the featured back over Dixon

2] Tre Mason..........more talented than Stacy or Cunningham

3] Doug Baldwin.....more dependable than Hawks other Rec. ,weekly should end up with most Seattle targets

4] Denard Robinson.....exploded week 7 behind a horrible O-Line, will be a hit or miss

5] Kenny Stills...........little dinged-up but still shined week 7 in Saints Air-Raid

Why will Bryce Brown be featured over Dixon?

Thinking Mason is the guy to get. Smoke and mirrors talk from Fisher, Mason is clearly the guy they are favoring. Brown is a nifty choice but weve seen him flop before and freddy will be back in a few weeks. Mason could finish the season in a featured role. since those 2 magical games brown played a couple years ago hes flopped.

I know, I have a good waiver priority and hate to waste it but I need RB depth bad. I was thinking Brown but I watched some Mason highlights and gotta say I like the burst out of that kid. Thinking Mason now....

Robinson is really intriguing because Yahoo has him as a RB/WR, which is stupid but having a starting RB in a WR slot is pretty tempting. But it's Jax, wonder if that success even lasts.

Ive got #2 waiver in one league and the #1 waiver guy is huge Auburn fan so im not getting Mason. So im grabbing Brown cause i dont trust anyone in Jags uniform.

What do I have 12 hours to sift through you guys thought and edit my waiver preference? This'll be hard work but you can get it done. So far it's Mason Robinson Brown in that order.

Somehow mckinnon is only owned in 11% of espn leagues?!?

He'd be my number one pickup

I am baffled Cadet's name wasn't mention once in this thread. I don't have a high enough waiver to land any of the aforementioned players so I'm targeting Cadet. Pierre is out 2-3 weeks and Cadet is gonna be ppr gold. I actually had my eye on him before NO's bye and would be targeting him even if Pierre hadn't got hurt. This only applies for ppr leagues as he won't have any value in standard play.

Cadets last 3 games in my 1pt ppr league:

Week 4: 10

Week 5: 10.9

Week 7: 11.1

How come nobody is talking about this guy especially with Pierre out??

Buffalo wants to run so I'm pretty sure Brown will get the pigskin. So he is my #1.

Mason is still in a time share and has a more difficult schedule. He is # 2.

If Oliver's losing his value I could excuse him for the Robinson. I'm overlooking this I guess but a chance at Mason and Brown also seem good.

Why will Bryce Brown be featured over Dixon?

Yeah evidently people in Buffalo are asking the same question.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5773/anthony-dixon

They brought Brown in at the cost of a fourth rounder, definitely not chump change, even though Philly only used a seventh rounder to draft him. He's big (at 6-0 220 he's almost the size of Dixon), fast (reportedly ran a 4.37 at Pro Day but officially clocked at 4.48), and a favorite of GM Doug Whaley. He's been inactive because Dixon plays lights out on special teams, and Brown does not. Even if Dixon is relegated to short yardage and GL carries, that will significantly eat into fantasy points at the RB position. Brown also hasn't played a snap all year.

On the flip side, he could seize the main RB job in Buffalo (traditionally a pretty good gig), fight off a 33 year old Jackson coming back from a groin injury, and be fantasy gold.

Damn.

Ok now it's Mason Robinson Dixon/Brown. I haven't put in for more than 2 but these posts are helpful.

Is Robinson a better play in a wr slot figuring the rb numbers than White or Crabtree?

I think I'm gonna try roll with Denard. In week 10 I have 2 of 3 WRs on bye and Denard is WR eligible. By then we should know what he's got, if nothing then drop him for a WR.

I am baffled Cadet's name wasn't mention once in this thread. I don't have a high enough waiver to land any of the aforementioned players so I'm targeting Cadet. Pierre is out 2-3 weeks and Cadet is gonna be ppr gold. I actually had my eye on him before NO's bye and would be targeting him even if Pierre hadn't got hurt. This only applies for ppr leagues as he won't have any value in standard play.

Absolutely right, I'm in the same position and have been targeting him. People are looking for the big play with Mason, Denard and Bryce and hope they are this year's Stacy, but Cadet offers safe PPR value.

Anyone looking at Helu? He's carved out a pretty good receiving niche, and Alfred seems to be showing some wear.

Anyone looking at Helu? He's carved out a pretty good receiving niche, and Alfred seems to be showing some wear.

Helu is an injury away from being a weekly top 5 RB in ppr leagues. By far the best lottery ticket handcuff in football.

Fisher's comments scare me a bit: "We've got three outstanding runners," Fisher said, referring to Stacy, Benny Cunningham and rookie Tre Mason. "And as I mentioned, we think Trey Watts can also help us, so we're going to use them all. It'll be a week-to-week thing. Zac could get 25 carries this week. We had some things in early this week. It was working so we decided to stay with 'Mase.' It's nothing that Zac has done or hasn't done. He's been a little banged up the last couple of weeks, but obviously he's an outstanding runner as well. We clearly have significant depth there at the position."

Bryce Brown isnt even one of NFL.com's top 10 waiver claims? :doh:

They have McKinnon #1. Could that be a sign that not many people play fantasy football on NFL.com?

Fisher's comments scare me a bit: "We've got three outstanding runners," Fisher said, referring to Stacy, Benny Cunningham and rookie Tre Mason. "And as I mentioned, we think Trey Watts can also help us, so we're going to use them all. It'll be a week-to-week thing. Zac could get 25 carries this week. We had some things in early this week. It was working so we decided to stay with 'Mase.' It's nothing that Zac has done or hasn't done. He's been a little banged up the last couple of weeks, but obviously he's an outstanding runner as well. We clearly have significant depth there at the position."

What is fishers's history of using running backs - is he historically a committee guy or feature back ?

I am thinking about Cadet too. However, J Stewart is there and while Cadet may catch the ball, Stewart by all accounts will get more touches. Don't know which way to go. Anybody have some feedback here? I would try for Mason (have Stacy) but I don't think I'll get him

I am thinking about Cadet too. However, J Stewart is there and while Cadet may catch the ball, Stewart by all accounts will get more touches. Don't know which way to go. Anybody have some feedback here? I would try for Mason (have Stacy) but I don't think I'll get him

If my league wasn't 0.5 ppr then if grab cadet but we don't get a full point so he's not that special but in a 1 point ppr he should be a nice pickup.

I didn't notice the bolded part before. But in FF if you pass on a guy and wait then it will be too late. If Mason puts up another 15 carries this week plus good yards on another strong D you won't be able to get him. I put up my FAAB bucks already so I'm committed but then I missed on him last week for free for I don't know why considering I had had him tagged since preseason just waiting for this.

In the end Fisher could be just yammering, or maybe he mixes in Stacey this week, but by a few weeks from now Mason will be the man. Fact is he is a better RB and now that he has been given his chance that will win out.

This :pointstosky:

Helu is an injury away from being a weekly top 5 RB in ppr leagues. By far the best lottery ticket handcuff in football.

I have owned Helu for 3 yrs straight waiting on this assumption :wall:

I have owned Helu for 3 yrs straight waiting on this assumption :wall:

Some RBs are just durable. Morris and Gore are two that definitely come to mind. Gore has been remarkably durable actually.

Hell Murray has already missed more games in his short four year career than Emmit Smith missed his entire career.

I think Mckinnion will be the '14 waiver wire MVP.

I'm glad y'all had me grab him week 1. Can't trade him for a bag of peanuts but he's held the fort down.

I think Mckinnion will be the '14 waiver wire MVP.

I have no opinion on McKinnion.

From what I remember, Fisher used to a one back guy, remember Eddie George? He used to run the crap out of him. It seemed like he found that with Stacy last year but now all this is happening. Seems like something has changed, makes it hard to tell what he's going to do. I'd stay away unless you're really desperate for help.