Sign in to follow this  
ppierce

Julius Thomas wtf

Hey come hang out in the weekly FU thread.

I believe it has been renamed the "Official Week 8 F.U. Julius Thomas you worthless pile of shiiiiit thread)

It's because I drafted him.

I've got Mega and Jennings... last week I picked up Antone Smith and he lost his magic.. I guess we can add OJ to the list.

Sorry guys... :(

He's blocked on every play I've seen. Two bad weeks in a row now.

He is getting ready for the playoffs , when they will need to run and he will need to block .

He had a lot of balls thrown his way but either Manning threw it off target or the DB made a good play. He's a must start every week regardless of weeks like this.

He had a lot of balls thrown his way but either Manning threw it off target or the DB made a good play. He's a must start every week regardless of weeks like this.

6 targets.....but he dropped a couple of catchable balls. I own him, but maintain that he is TD dependent.

6 targets.....but he dropped a couple of catchable balls. I own him, but maintain that he is TD dependent.

Aren't all TE's pretty much TD dependent? A TE getting 100+ yards is pretty rare. Thomas is one of the best because he gets a lot of TDs.

Three weeks ago, JT was saying it was "too easy". Guess it's a little harder than he thought...

• Like 1

Three weeks ago, JT was saying it was "too easy". Guess it's a little harder than he thought...

He dropped a TD last week

• Like 1

Just the Manning Effect. Find the hot matchup and exploit it until they make you stop. Last night that was Sanders. A week ago people were griping about his lack of production because he wasn't getting into the end zone.

Somebody is going to score there, and often in bunches. The trick with any Manning team is figuring out who it's going to be this week.

He dropped a TD last week

And cost me an important game as a result :mad:

As I mentioned earlier, he also dropped a couple of passes last night. He needs to get off his high horse and get his mind right.

Aren't all TE's pretty much TD dependent?

I suppose that one could argue that all ff players are....but Julius is, particularly. If you check out his yardage totals, this becomes evident. Guys like Gronk or Graham (when healthy) will turn in the 80-100 game, but rarely Julius. In fairness, I am not worried about him though...he will get his TD's.

by Chris Towers | CBSSports.com

After his second subpar performance in a row, we have to ask: Are you worried about Broncos tight end Julius Thomas?

Thomas has long been dependent on touchdowns, but he has also been a touchdown machine over the last two seasons. He has at least one touchdown in five of seven games this season and 10 of 14 last season, so he has proven to be a reliable red zone option. In fact, Week 7 and 8 represents the first time he has gone two weeks in a row without scoring.

Thomas recorded nine games with less than 50 yards last season, and has four in seven games already this season, so you pretty much know what you are getting from him. He was still targeted six times overall in each of the last two games even without scoring, a solid number in line with what we have come to expect.

In other words, don't panic. That Thomas failed to score in consecutive games for the first time in two seasons is probably bad luck more than anything indicative of a changing role. He remains one of the most dangerous weapons in the league near the end zone, and should make his return there soon.

He's blocked on every play I've seen. Two bad weeks in a row now.

I thought he was blocking quite a bit last night - perhaps this is a strategic thing with Hillman in the backfield. In any event, not good for JT.

I thought he was blocking quite a bit last night - perhaps this is a strategic thing with Hillman in the backfield. In any event, not good for JT.

Turned it off cause I couldn't stand to watch a stud plod around and block or barely go half speed for a pass. He looks lethargic last 2 weeks