Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

Who's our insurance guy?

So.. sold the mini-van tonight in about two hours on craigslist.

Got the bill of sale signed by both.. signed the release on the title. When I got home about a half hour ago I went online to the states dept of license and filed the report of sale.

Soo... how long do I need to wait to cancel my insurance on the van I just sold? Do I have to wait till he registers it or something? :huh:

How much ya get? :banana:

So.. 2005 Chrysler T&C Touring.. heated leather seats (drivers don't work), sto n go seats, automatic side doors (don't work)... 171,000 miles.

Dealer wanted to give me $200 for the trade. 😐. Nope.. drove it home.

Looked on craigslist to see what they were going for.. 1500 looked like. So I put $1600 and pictures..

Within 10 minutes I had 6 or 7 guys saying they were interested. Two people wanted to look in the morning.. one guy wanted to drive up a half hour tonight. So I said okay.. meet at the local Safeway.

We met.. he drove with me riding shotgun (glock actually) around a bit and down the interstate... back to his rig. He checked out the interior... still not to shabs.

Yeah I think I'll take it. No haggle.. 16 $100 bills... :)

Of course I got to thinkin... woof.. either I priced it really well... or undersold myself.

Meh.. what evehs.. I'm happy. You start getting a domestic rig with that many miles it's not if but when ya know... still I hope it's a good vehicle for them for awhile more.

Probably undersold....had a dealer give me $1500 for a Ford explorer that was on fire no less than an hour before it was towed to them. True story. Hah.

Probably undersold....had a dealer give me $1500 for a Ford explorer that was on fire no less than an hour before it was towed to them. True story. Hah.

:lol:

That could be more because you also bought a vehicle from that dealership, and they had their cushion in their new car cost already.

:lol:

That could be more because you also bought a vehicle from that dealership, and they had their cushion in their new car cost already.

Yeah... this is probably right on target brother. The 1500 they gave you was coming from the 10G's they made on the rig they sold you. No skin....

• Like 1

Skibum why'd u peenie? I agreed.. cars are mucho over rated.. but.. meed reliability for thr wife n kids.

Also.. I called GEICO tonight apparently I have 24/7 customer cervix.. who knew.

Jordan said we can dump it to ight, the other dude is liable now. -$20!! Woo hoo.. +$70 for the full coverage 2016 camery!! :(

Yeah... this is probably right on target brother. The 1500 they gave you was coming from the 10G's they made on the rig they sold you. No skin....

Oh definitely....just funny they gave me anything.

So!d SUV at Carmax last summer. Took about an hour and got a great price. I would always go there first from now on.

I see it's already been handled but I would've suggested dumping the insurance as soon as possible.

I wouldn't want to have insurance on a vehicle I no longer owned or had control of. :nono:

Skibum why'd u peenie? I agreed.. cars are mucho over rated.. but.. meed reliability for thr wife n kids.

Also.. I called GEICO tonight apparently I have 24/7 customer cervix.. who knew.

Jordan said we can dump it to ight, the other dude is liable now. -$20!! Woo hoo.. +$70 for the full coverage 2016 camery!! :(

I was drinking on a Saturday night and I thought the post might have been kind of wiffly.

I was drinking on a Saturday night and I thought the post might have been kind of wiffly.

Unpossible

You can cancel it right away. You no longer have an insurance interest and you have proof of sale. Your policy wouldn't help the other person if they got into an accident anyway.

Which is why we wanted to see it :mad:

You can cancel it right away. You no longer have an insurance interest and you have proof of sale. Your policy wouldn't help the other person if they got into an accident anyway.

Ya.. just wanted to make sure if he doesn't reg it for awhile and smashes into somebody I'm in no way liable.

Ya.. just wanted to make sure if he doesn't reg it for awhile and smashes into somebody I'm in no way liable.

Oddly, you'd actually be more exposed with insurance on it than off at this point.

Oddly, you'd actually be more exposed with insurance on it than off at this point.

How so?

Dealer just gave me $1200 for my 2008 Elantra with a dent in the right passenger side from the fender bender I got in the week before. Blue book value was $1700 - $2000 - WITHOUT the dent.

Cancel the insurance as soon as you sell it. Up to the time you cancel it, you're covered and you don't want potential liability should anyone try to use the vehicle in a neferious way.

Cancel the insurance as soon as you sell it. Up to the time you cancel it, you're covered and you don't want potential liability should anyone try to use the vehicle in a neferious way.

How can he be held liable for a vehicle he didn't own? Proof of sale? Check. Called the DMV? Check.

Mmmmmm did everything needed.

Who knew insurance could be so exciting? Imagine ice fishing and talking insurance? Super fun!

Who knew insurance could be so exciting? Imagine ice fishing and talking insurance? Super fun!

It pays the bills quite nicely. :wave:

Makes him the most interesting man in Minnesota

How so?

Embroiling him in a claim and deductible on a vehicle he no longer owns.

I'm not saying huge liability; I'm saying being bothered and having to go through hoops to extricate himself from the liability loop.

Embroiling him in a claim and deductible on a vehicle he no longer owns.

I'm not saying huge liability; I'm saying being bothered and having to go through hoops to extricate himself from the liability loop.

There would be zero liability on his part. He doesn't own it.

How can he be held liable for a vehicle he didn't own? Proof of sale? Check. Called the DMV? Check.

Mmmmmm did everything needed.

I agree it shouldn't be an issue but in today's society, does it really have to make sense for someone to sue someone else for something? It's whoever has the deepest pockets.

There would be zero liability on his part. He doesn't own it.

I know. I'm just saying he would still be listed as the insured, and the hassle that accompanies that.

I know. I'm just saying he would still be listed as the insured, and the hassle that accompanies that.

Some ambulance chasing lawyer would definitely be getting a stiffy after finding out the vehicle was insured by possibly two parties (assuming the buyer insured it right away).

Again, it doesn't have to make sense. Insurance company wouldn't want to fight it either; settle then possibly raise your rates.

• Like 1

Some ambulance chasing lawyer would definitely be getting a stiffy after finding out the vehicle was insured by possibly two parties (assuming the buyer insured it right away).

Again, it doesn't have to make sense. Insurance company wouldn't want to fight it either; settle then possibly raise your rates.

Absolutely wrong. They would deny the claim in a heartbeat and defend Mmmmm at zero cost to him.

Got the bill of sale signed by both.. signed the release on the title. When I got home about a half hour ago I went online to the states dept of license and filed the report of sale.

Soo... how long do I need to wait to cancel my insurance on the van I just sold? Do I have to wait till he registers it or something? :huh:

Turn in the plate and call your company and let them know you no longer own the vehicle. Don't leave the plate. That's yours. Turn it in.

I try to avoid Chrysler and am thinking about a Honda minivan. I trust the engine life more. Thoughts?