Sign in to follow this  
weepaws

Brate

His new deal is very interesting when it comes to the te postion for ff.

Now I wonder why the Bucs drafted Howard so high.

Brate received a very good contract, so it makes the Bucs te postion a tough one going forward.

Psalm 71:8

Yeah, I wasn't very high on the Howard pick for that very reason. But, he was an elite blocking college TE and with coaching in the NFL, he could/should be an excellent blocker in the NFL. That allows the Bucs some leeway on the OLine and forces teams to still dedicate a quality cover guy on him in case he goes out. Still, not thrilled with the pick, but I'm "ok" with it. The addition of a real RB could allow the Bucs to have an elite offense. It's just a matter of, can / will Winston put it all together. If he does, the sky is the limit for the Bucs' offense over the next half dozen seasons (barring injury).

The numbers for this deal seem staggering. Brate must be ecstatic, though.

No question, keeping Brate good move, drafting Howard so high for a blocker at te mmm not so much.

Also I agree with a Rb and if Winston continues to learn how to mature into a NFL QB this could be a good offensive team.

Great post TB.

Howard owners can't be happy with the Brate extension. Perhaps OJ isn't the pass catcher everyone thought coming out?

Seems like a better real life than fantasy friendly move. I expect Brate to lead the time share in 18 as he did last year.

Howard owners can't be happy with the Brate extension. Perhaps OJ isn't the pass catcher everyone thought coming out?

Seems like a better real life than fantasy friendly move. I expect Brate to lead the time share in 18 as he did last year.

I don't think anyone even had a chance to find out. Howard was mostly ignored. I think Brate is a quality tight end, but with a hard cap, I would rather spend that money elsewhere with Howard's potential