Sign in to follow this  
Filthy Fernadez

Voter ID suppresses minorities from voting?

or buy beer, smokes, drive, rent, cash govt checks, have a bank account

how do they exist in the USA today

Made up BS and libtards fall for it. BecIse they want to believe the worst in people who disagree with them.

I’m also confused how you’ve determined the voting behavior of people who don’t have IDs? Are any Republicans poor and/or uneducated?

You are one of those gullible elite Dems who thinks their party's position on voter ID is non-partisan. It isn't. Nor is the Republican's. The Dems want illegals and uninformed homeless people to vote. The Reps don't. Not sure how else to say it. :dunno:

Im also confused how youve determined the voting behavior of people who dont have IDs? Are any Republicans poor and/or uneducated?

Only the entire population of West Virginia, Kentucky and Alabama.

You are one of those gullible elite Dems who thinks their party's position on voter ID is non-partisan. It isn't. Nor is the Republican's. The Dems want illegals and uninformed homeless people to vote. The Reps don't. Not sure how else to say it. :dunno:

I definitely think it is partisan, but not for the reasons you think.

i wonder how many of these people that "can't afford" IDs buy lottery tickets or purchase and drink alcohol?

The GOP should stand outside city polling places with lottery tickets, cartons of cigs and malt liquor. Offer them a ticket, pack or a bottle in exchange for their vote.

Thanks for being the righty to finally admit the Reps are intentionally disenfranchising people with a legal right to vote. :thumbsup:

Should we not also stop using letters for names, and resort to only pictures? Isn't the obligation to read also racist?

Only the entire population of West Virginia, Kentucky and Alabama.

And GoColts.

Thanks for being the righty to finally admit the Reps are intentionally disenfranchising people with a legal right to vote. :thumbsup:

Now you know why he doesn't want you to vote.

So how do you confirm those homeless people are eligible to vote (not felons, American citizens, etc)?

So how do you confirm those homeless people are eligible to vote (not felons, American citizens, etc)?

It's called voter registration.

I feel good, I taught somebody something today, good deed done.

It's called voter registration.

I feel good, I taught somebody something today, good deed done.

Registration requires you to prove who you are i.e. ID.

Game

Set

Match

I love the thought process that because some places don't have voter ID laws, people are risking a 10K fine and jail time for the reward of casting an illegal ballot. Okay.... :lol:

As of September 2016, 33 states have enacted some form of voter ID requirement.

I am glad that common sense is ruling the day.

:thumbsup:

As you can tell by the responses, only dipsh!ts think it's a bad idea to prove who you are before casting a vote.

Majority of states think otherwise.

As you can tell by the responses, only dipsh!ts think it's a bad idea to prove who you are before casting a vote.

itsatip don't quote yourself.

I am really surprised to see the original post is still on topic 3 pages in, as there is no valid argument to be made for allowing voting to people who cannot prove they are citizens and live in the district in which they are casting votes for.

Majority of people voted for Hilary Clinton, guess only dipsh!ts voted otherwise. :thumbsup:

Majority of people voted for Hilary Clinton, guess only dipsh!ts voted otherwise. :thumbsup:

When popular votes matter, I would imagine that elections will be run with that in mind. Since they don't, that matter is only relevant to whiny, sore losing, dipsh!ts..

So, you got that going for ya.

:dunno:

When popular votes matter, I would imagine that elections will be run with that in mind. Since they don't, that matter is only relevant to whiny, sore losing, dipsh!ts..

So, you got that going for ya.

:dunno:

:lol: The majority is right when it favors Realty's argument, otherwise it can be ignored.

So that means the Russians helped Hillary win the popular vote.

I voted. Everyone in my family votes. No one I know, neither friend or foe, has been prevented from voting. :dunno:

I voted. Everyone in my family votes. No one I know, neither friend or foe, has been prevented from voting. :dunno:

I think the premise is that elements within each political party implement policies that would tend to impede certain peoples from being able to vote with success.

I understand that concern, and there is a certain amount of logic to it, but it seems to most likely impact people of lesser means, and not evenly, so the notion of a strategic effort falls short. But that does not eliminate the issue, I think there is merit.

I think the premise is that elements within each political party implement policies that would tend to impede certain peoples from being able to vote with success.

I understand that concern, and there is a certain amount of logic to it, but it seems to most likely impact people of lesser means, and not evenly, so the notion of a strategic effort falls short. But that does not eliminate the issue, I think there is merit.

I have to ask what policies have the Dems implemented to impede people to vote?

One thing I'd like to get rid of is this nonsense of the expired ID.

What pain in the ass this is. Look, that's still my fingerprints, that's still my face, that's still my SSN STFU p with your expired license crap.

It's an unnecessary hassle and a money grab by various state agencies.

Look, you're already required 2 change your address if you move. That's the Law already on the books.

And, for driving you? Sure, I support some sort of expiry date. But the problem is, the system we have right now is bullshiit. There should be an expiry date at 60 and five years every step after that.

But as far as the day-to-day stuff that requires some sort of photo ID? You should be issued one at whatever age and it's good for life.

For example, in this age of uber, there are far and far fewer drivers. Somebody shouldn't be precluded from flying to see their sick family member because their driver's license is 2 months expired. And sure as hell, the one that really pisses me off? Don't preclude people from going into bars when you know perfectly well that you have proof of age right there. The birthday hasn't changed for fucksake. Neither have the biometrics nor the photo.

I think this would solve a lot of problems. Problem is? Once you let your driver's license lapse, it takes ID to get ID. Usually at least two or three different pieces of ID. so it's not as simple as running down to the DMV and getting a new one. But I fully support that there should be a lifetime card and a requirement to show that life time card when you vote.

And while we're at it kids? We're pretty much the only country that has the SSN. Especially as this magic number that controls everything from birth. Especially our credit laws are particularly effed-up compared to other countries. But that's a whole nother thread.

AZ licenses don't expire until you turn 65.

Not a lot of dissention here, so let me throw my 2 cents in:

The GOP stance is that everyone should be required to show a gov't issued photo ID. Not any random thing with you name on it. So the list would be:

- Driver's License

- Passport

- Military ID

- Conceal Carry permit

- Voter ID card

That's all I'm aware of. Where does anyone pull "DERP I CAN'T BUY GROCERIES WITHOUT ID DERP" out of? I do it every week. And I'm pretty sure gov't subsidies are mailed. And I can go into a bank with my debit card (Hint - no photo!) and make deposits and withdrawl

Now let's take a sample of low-income or minority voters. Many will not have a car, so no reason to have a license. Hell, I know very well off people in New York City that don't have a driver's license. You have to have access to a car to learn how to drive, practice driving, go to DMV, pay to get it, upkeep etc.

How about a passport? You know, because low-income families are constantly running off to Mexico or Paris to summer.

So now we get to basically the ONLY form of photo ID that a low-income voter will now need to procure. A voter ID. Except in order to get one, you need... oh, yeah, that's right, other proof of ID, usually a birth certificate. Many people (hint , mostly minorities) do not have them onhand, so will have to go through extra hoops and a decent waiting period to get the BC, which then allows them to get a voter ID.

So now you have to go to the DMV multiple times, often with no means of transportation or the ability to just take off work when you feel like it to go. And many DMVs in rural areas are not even open at convenient times, some only once per month.

So when you bunndle this all up, you have a material number of people with no valid photo ID just lying around, and have to jump through multiple hoops to get one. To be able to VOTE, which should be the one thing people in a "Democracy" have the EASIEST access to. And let's keep in mind that all this hoop-jumping is to curtail a voter fraud issue that DOES NOT EXIST except in the fantasies of GOP candidates that are looking to gain any edge they can in areas where electorates are becoming more diverse. They admitted as much in previous election cycles.

You can all complain and whine all you like, but you know the truth. The only reason the GOP wants to enact these laws is because they know it will improve their chances at the polls by disenfranchising voters that skew left. End of story.

• Like 2

Voting fraud alive and well in Texas.

Just got back from Early Voting.. I didn't have a photo ID - so I showed them a cut out picture of Jason Garrett... Not only did they still allow me to vote - they let me vote 10 times! :music_guitarred:

I still have my AZ ID from 10 years ago and was able to register and vote in 2016 in a different state without proof of address or identity. They took my word for it. I even joked "what if I am a Russian spy" (this was for the primary, well before any Russia hysteria) and the lady just giggled.

I still have my AZ ID from 10 years ago and was able to register and vote in 2016 in a different state without proof of address or identity. They took my word for it. I even joked "what if I am a Russian spy" (this was for the primary, well before any Russia hysteria) and the lady just giggled.

taking your word for it = white privilege

• Like 1

Not a lot of dissention here, so let me throw my 2 cents in:

The GOP stance is that everyone should be required to show a gov't issued photo ID. Not any random thing with you name on it. So the list would be:

- Driver's License

- Passport

- Military ID

- Conceal Carry permit

- Voter ID card

That's all I'm aware of. Where does anyone pull "DERP I CAN'T BUY GROCERIES WITHOUT ID DERP" out of? I do it every week. And I'm pretty sure gov't subsidies are mailed. And I can go into a bank with my debit card (Hint - no photo!) and make deposits and withdrawl

Now let's take a sample of low-income or minority voters. Many will not have a car, so no reason to have a license. Hell, I know very well off people in New York City that don't have a driver's license. You have to have access to a car to learn how to drive, practice driving, go to DMV, pay to get it, upkeep etc.

How about a passport? You know, because low-income families are constantly running off to Mexico or Paris to summer.

So now we get to basically the ONLY form of photo ID that a low-income voter will now need to procure. A voter ID. Except in order to get one, you need... oh, yeah, that's right, other proof of ID, usually a birth certificate. Many people (hint , mostly minorities) do not have them onhand, so will have to go through extra hoops and a decent waiting period to get the BC, which then allows them to get a voter ID.

So now you have to go to the DMV multiple times, often with no means of transportation or the ability to just take off work when you feel like it to go. And many DMVs in rural areas are not even open at convenient times, some only once per month.

So when you bunndle this all up, you have a material number of people with no valid photo ID just lying around, and have to jump through multiple hoops to get one. To be able to VOTE, which should be the one thing people in a "Democracy" have the EASIEST access to. And let's keep in mind that all this hoop-jumping is to curtail a voter fraud issue that DOES NOT EXIST except in the fantasies of GOP candidates that are looking to gain any edge they can in areas where electorates are becoming more diverse. They admitted as much in previous election cycles.

You can all complain and whine all you like, but you know the truth. The only reason the GOP wants to enact these laws is because they know it will improve their chances at the polls by disenfranchising voters that skew left. End of story.

Can you name a country that does not require an ID to vote?

Even Mexico requires an ID.

Also, poor people in the US have to get birth certificates and social security cards to set up their benefits, enroll kids in school, etc.

I had to go to the social security office to get a copy of my card when applying for a passport, that building was full of poor people.

Let's also not forget the pros and cons of actually trying to commit voter fraud:

Pro: +1 vote in an election most likely decided by a margin in the thousands.

Con:Under federal law, perpetrators face up to five years in prison and a fine of $10,000 for each act of fraud.

The risk v reward is laughable.

Despite all the reasons excuses I keep reading this so called "issue" seems like such a no-brainer.

Abortion? Gun Rights? That's some deep stuff where I can understand both sides to an extent. This is just plain ole common sense, fairness and logic. You must somehow, someway prove who the F you are.......full stop.

It would seem much more fruitful to stop this stupid arse conversation and use that energy to figure out ways to help poor people actually get a valid ID of some sort if that is the root issue.

Despite all the reasons excuses I keep reading this so called "issue" seems like such a no-brainer.

Abortion? Gun Rights? That's some deep stuff where I can understand both sides to an extent. This is just plain ole common sense, fairness and logic. You must somehow, someway prove who the F you are.......full stop.

It would seem much more fruitful to stop this stupid arse conversation and use that energy to figure out ways to help poor people actually get a valid ID of some sort if that is the root issue.

Most states agree. Common sense is winning the day, regardless what we bicker about here.

Most states agree. Common sense is winning the day, regardless what we bicker about here.

Yeah, but what is it, 33 states that require IDs? That is too small of a %. Needs to be 100%

Interesting article about how Republicans deliberately overstate the threat of voter fraud to try to make it harder for likely Democratic voters to vote:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2016/09/17/us/some-republicans-acknowledge-leveraging-voter-id-laws-for-political-gain.amp.html

Seems like every now and then the mask slips and they admit that its about throwing up hurdles to the polls.

Can you name a country that does not require an ID to vote?

Even Mexico requires an ID.

We're talking about the US. If we are going to talk about the policies of other countries and why they should or should not apply to the US, can we talk about gun laws next?

Also, poor people in the US have to get birth certificates and social security cards to set up their benefits, enroll kids in school, etc.

Valid point. Still does not address a number of issues such as transportation and time to obtain an ID, availability of locations to obtain one, members of a household that do not get gov't benefits yet wish to vote, etc.

I had to go to the social security office to get a copy of my card when applying for a passport, that building was full of poor people.

What, you polled everyone in there?

I'd venture a guess that those you assumed were poor (I'm guessing darker skin tones?) required their SS cards for a number of reasons, that for them I'm sure is vastly more important than obtaining a voter ID. And let's not forget that the SS ID card is still not a photo ID which can be used at the polls if the GOP has it their way.

Interesting article about how Republicans deliberately overstate the threat of voter fraud to try to make it harder for likely Democratic voters to vote:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2016/09/17/us/some-republicans-acknowledge-leveraging-voter-id-laws-for-political-gain.amp.html

Seems like every now and then the mask slips and they admit that its about throwing up hurdles to the polls.

Yet....you better read this

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/07/poll-prri-voter-suppression/565355/

To drive home the point about the GOP's actions to disenfranchise left-leaning voters, read a little about the ridiculous "exact-match" registration protocols taking place in Georgia.

There is an obvious push from the right to reduce Democratic votes.