Sign in to follow this  
Obama downplays 'economic miracles' under Trump: 'Remember who started it'...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/obama-downplays-economic-miracles-under-trump-remember-who-started-it

Former President Barack Obama told Nevada voters Monday that they should not give President Trump credit for the current state of the economy and said they should "remember who started it."

Obama told Nevadans that they should discount talk of "economic miracles" that Trump has repeatedly touted, including a 3.7 percent unemployment rate and a strong economy ahead of the midterm elections in two weeks.

"By the time I left office, wages were rising, uninsurance rate was falling, poverty was falling, and that's what I handed off to the next guy," Obama said. "So when you hear all this talk about 'economic miracles' right now remember who started it."

The 44th president was out campaigning for Rep. Jacky Rosen, D-Nev., in Las Vegas and her bid to unseat Sen. Dean Heller. Obama called Rosen a "good bet," adding that voters deciding to stay home and not vote would be "profoundly dangerous."

He argued that Heller, who is seeking a second full term, simply "goes along" with Trump on issues writ large. Heller has repeatedly touted his bipartisan work on Capitol Hill, particularly on veterans.

Obama took multiple digs at the president in his speech, calling him "the next guy" and saying that he believes in facts "unlike some."

"Unlike some, I actually try to state facts. I believe in facts," Obama said while discussing the GOP tax law. "I believe in a fact-based reality and a fact-based politics. I don't believe in just making stuff up."

Obama is the latest in a line of high-profile politicians to appear in the Silver State in recent weeks, including Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden.

:lol: at the Narcissist in Chief...

Hes right. All of Trumps economic successes (stock market, low unemployment etc) started years before he took office. He did increase the deficit though. Heckuva job Donnie.

Sure took him 8 years to start it. Right. All that administration did was talk about talking about things.

8 years of "We want to be careful, we need to have more discussions. We need to sit down and talk. We have had meetings to discuss, and we have more meetings set up. Last week I talked to our fine secretary of state, and we will continue to stay in close touch, and we will talk about it more. We have hope on our side."

Trump goes into the office and says, "We all met and had a good discussion, and this is what I propose we do. Let's start the work on getting this done now."

• Like 1

:lol: at the Narcissist in Chief...

The focker truly is. What a putz.

To be fair he is remaining philosophically honest. He blamed every bad thing on Bush, so either taking credit or blame for things that could reasonably be attributed to him seems like a honesty play.

Of course, he will accept nothing negative, only positive things because he is a politician and that is what they all do

Obama should get much credit........for Trump's victory. :dunno:

Meh, i think Hillary gets most of the credit. Followed by the liberal media who seems hell bent to keep the cycle rolling...

Hes right. All of Trumps economic successes (stock market, low unemployment etc) started years before he took office. He did increase the deficit though. Heckuva job Donnie.

Trolls gonna troll :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Obama should get much credit........for Trump's victory. :dunno:

Don't forget how good obama was at raising race relations to an all time high level of volatility. And he really tried hard to get those transvestite bathrooms into the colleges.

Meh, i think Hillary gets most of the credit. Followed by the liberal media who seems hell bent to keep the cycle rolling...

I said much. The DNC gets the bulk. I don't even blame Hillary, it would be like blaming Bob Dole for losing.

Obama = Jeff Fisher

Had to get that dipsh!t out of the way to get things moving in the right direction.

Trolls gonna troll :rolleyes:

Look at the stock market and unemployment from 2008-2016. Stock market going up, unemployment going down. About the only trend Donald reversed is the shrinking deficit.

Look at the stock market and unemployment from 2008-2016. Stock market going up, unemployment going down. About the only trend Donald reversed is the shrinking deficit.

:lol:

I think his shovel ready jobs, his halting of global warming, Obamacare, massive anti business regulations, anti cop pro thug policies and Solyndra really flipped the economy

Step it up a little. Your trolling is weak.

Obama is right. He left the economy in great shape. Trump should give Obama credit for all the wide open layups he left for him. Talk about a can't miss scoring opportunity that Trump was able to inherit. We all know it's true. Obama was the Jimmy Johnson to Trump's Barry Switzer in Dallas head coaches. Barry should send that SB ring to Jimmy just like Trump should give Obama the credit for the economy.

Obama is right. He left the economy in great shape. Trump should give Obama credit for all the wide open layups he left for him. Talk about a can't miss scoring opportunity that Trump was able to inherit. We all know it's true. Obama was the Jimmy Johnson to Trump's Barry Switzer in Dallas head coaches.

[meangirls] Troll! Nonsense! [/meangirls]

Obama is right. He left the economy in great shape. Trump should give Obama credit for all the wide open layups he left for him. Talk about a can't miss scoring opportunity that Trump was able to inherit. We all know it's true. Obama was the Jimmy Johnson to Trump's Barry Switzer in Dallas head coaches.

What steps did Obama take to make the economy better? I know there were steps taken to make Wall Street and the banks better. But besides printing cash for them and historically low interest rates, what did he implement? It wasn't infrastructure, that deal never happened.

Obama is like every boss I've ever had. If something is wrong, it was the previous guys fault. If something is right/better, it is because of him.

Y'all know how this works.

Toward the final months of his presidency Barack Obama infamously said the following regarding jobs that had left America – including millions during his eights years as President:

“…some of those jobs of the past are just not going to come back.”

And when commenting on then-candidate Donald Trump’s promise to bring jobs back, Mr. Obama said this:

“…Well, how exactly are you going to negotiate that? What magic wand do you have?”

Read more at http://dcwhispers.com/obama-jobs-arent-coming-back-trump-hold-beer/#HPGxPEQXBPaTPxpD.99

Don't forget the countless papers mocking Trump and saying 3% growth was impossible.

Now they want credit for it.

Let's give credit where credit is due: The magic wand

The day after Trump took office the stock market shot up like a rocket. THAT is not because of Obama. What that says about Obama is that he had his foot on the neck of the economy and when he left office it could breath again.

Sorry pal, you lose again.

Thats pathetic. Another reason why Obama is a clown. Wants to take credit for someone elses hard work

Uhm...no. You must have a reading comprehension. From the very top of the article:

"Real average hourly earnings (adjusted for inflation) for all employees on private nonfarm payrolls were totally unchanged in June from one year earlier."

"totally unchanged" <> "down"

And you're wrong about wages (from September, not August like your link):

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/405652-trump-gets-good-news-on-wages

WOMP! WOMP! Maybe you should stay up to date instead of holding on to outdated links to support your canned argument.

Real average hourly earnings (adjusted for inflation) for all employees on private nonfarm payrolls were totally unchanged in June from one year earlier.

Real average hourly earnings the approximately 80% of workers categorized as "production and nonsupervisory employees" edged 0.2% lower over the same period.

Womp :(

What boy?

That knee grow one from Chicago

Fock off troll.