Sign in to follow this  
Kelvarr

Do you do this trade?

Guy in my league offered this to me last night...what do you think? I'm 7-1, but have been pretty lucky (highest points for, 2nd-lowest points agains), so I don't NEED to do this, as I'm pretty happy with my current team.

I give:

Doug Martin, TB RB

Percy Harvin, Min WR

I get:

Brandon Marshall, Chi WR

Maurice Jones-Drew*, Jac RB

Stevan Ridley, NE RB

I'm thinking I do this if I can get him to take Forte instead of Martin (most because of remaining schedules). What say you?

Settings:

12 team ESPN league, picked #11

Scoring: 6 pts for all TD, 1 pt/25 yds passing, 1 pt/10 yds rushing/receiving, .5 PPR, 30-transaction limit.

1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1RB/WR, 1TE, 1DEF, 1K

QB: RG3

RB: Forte

RB: Martin

WR: Roddy White

WR: Harvin

RB/WR: Lynch

TE: Bennett

K: Walsh

DEF: Baltimore

Bench: Sidney Rice

Bench: Flacco

Bench: D/ST San Francisco

Bench: Gronkowski

Bench: Ballard

Bench: Nate Washington

Bench: Gostkowski

My feeling is never trust a Bellichek running back. Ridley can be great one week and see nothing the next. He could be hurt and you will not know about it.

I got burned with Corey Dillon a few years back and will never do it again

I say stand pat. Harvin and Martin are good. Marshall would be nice, but I think it is not worth it..especially since MJD may be done.

Guy in my league offered this to me last night...what do you think? I'm 7-1, but have been pretty lucky (highest points for, 2nd-lowest points agains), so I don't NEED to do this, as I'm pretty happy with my current team.

I give:

Doug Martin, TB RB

Percy Harvin, Min WR

I get:

Brandon Marshall, Chi WR

Maurice Jones-Drew*, Jac RB

Stevan Ridley, NE RB

I'm thinking I do this if I can get him to take Forte instead of Martin (most because of remaining schedules). What say you?

Settings:

12 team ESPN league, picked #11

Scoring: 6 pts for all TD, 1 pt/25 yds passing, 1 pt/10 yds rushing/receiving, .5 PPR, 30-transaction limit.

1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1RB/WR, 1TE, 1DEF, 1K

QB: RG3

RB: Forte

RB: Martin

WR: Roddy White

WR: Harvin

RB/WR: Lynch

TE: Bennett

K: Walsh

DEF: Baltimore

Bench: Sidney Rice

Bench: Flacco

Bench: D/ST San Francisco

Bench: Gronkowski

Bench: Ballard

Bench: Nate Washington

Bench: Gostkowski

I'm not sure I do this. MJD might not be back anytime soon. So essentially the trade is Harvin and Martin for Ridley and Brandon Marshall. I like Harvin's versatility and Martin really is coming on. Ridley is good but he does contend with Bolden, Woodhead and now Vereen while Martin is the guy in Tampa's offense. I'd stay put.

Thank you for your help with my Team thread.

No one else seems to feel me on this but I'd jump on it. Everyone seems to think Percy is untradeable but I'm trying to move him for a better QB in my league because A)his playoff schedule is tough B)He's a little guy handling an absurd amount of touches (and hits) and C) everyone seems to think he poops gold so he's worth anything. Riddley is money. People just never seem to be able to forget the past with Belichek.

in short: take it but I would also try Forte 1st.

Doesn't look like a bad trade, but I just don't see the need to move on it. If you could swap Forte and Martin it would be worth reconsidering. Also without knowing when MJD will be back if at all, it looks like it's a bit of a risk on your part when it's not needed. Because you're sitting at 7-1 there shouldn't be much reason to make a move that could hurt you in the long run, if MJD doesn't return you're most likely losing out on points when comparing Martin/Harvin to Marshall/Ridley, although not by a huge margin.